U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2016, 09:55 AM

3,005 posts, read 1,044,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
LOUIS ABBOTT – UNIVERSAL SALVATION ASSURED
Interested students of the Word of God will decide if Louis Abbott knows what He is talking about.

AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS – LOUIS ABBOTT
In the forward to his book AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS, Louis Abbott wrote, “One key area various denominations are divided over is the final destiny of the ungodly, the wicked, the unsaved, the unregenerate, or however one wishes to phrase it.
There are three views on this subject. Each position claims Scriptural support: (1) eternal torment; (2) eternal destruction; and (3) the ultimate salvation of all. It is obvious that all cannot be correct. Two of them have to be wrong.
I pray this book will be a blessing to all who are struggling with this subject.” (unquote)

Notice how Louis proves that numbers one and two are wrong according to the Bible.
This book can be read online at this link
AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS
An Analytical Study of Words

ENJOY!
Eight interviews with Greek scholar Louis Abbott about his belief that the Bible teaches universal salvation (in eight parts)
Copy and paste the links into your browser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJoNxjUAAi8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuoRnAsugew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAsVTXJYEHY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_sblmYiX4I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfx6tcwq3M4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM5fSRDxVwg
athiest - Tentmaker Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoWeKXdNhyg
Don't we even get a SAY in this? Jesus died for my sins? Well, who asked him too? I know I didn't. I never asked anyone for salvation either. Just allow me to live out my life and then I will return to the oblivion that I came from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 11:39 AM

17,968 posts, read 12,425,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Don't we even get a SAY in this? Jesus died for my sins? Well, who asked him too? I know I didn't. I never asked anyone for salvation either. Just allow me to live out my life and then I will return to the oblivion that I came from.
God asked His only begotten Son to die for you and all mankind. Sorry to have to tell you this but this is God's universe. He can do with it that which He deems best.

Maybe you want to go to oblivion after you die, but the future God has for you is incredibly glorious.
No, you won't be sitting around on clouds playing a harp. That is just made up baloney.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
God asked His only begotten Son to die for you and all mankind. Sorry to have to tell you this but this is God's universe. He can do with it that which He deems best.

Maybe you want to go to oblivion after you die, but the future God has for you is incredibly glorious.
No, you won't be sitting around on clouds playing a harp. That is just made up baloney.
I have free will, and I choose NOT to be imposed on by the nonsense of others.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:45 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,425,536 times
Quote:
Actually, you have a will but it is not free.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:51 PM

37,473 posts, read 25,217,301 times
Quote:
Of course, it is free. It is just not unlimited. Choice IS ours and that is all the freedom our will needs. Anything more would be Godlike.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
If it's not free, then it's not free will. Anything that comes with an IOU and a bill at the end, is a credit account. And an account that must be settled whether one chooses to subscribe or not, is not free will. It's usury.

Old 05-02-2016, 02:03 PM

21,259 posts, read 20,859,174 times
According to my beliefs...
Quote:
Don't we even get a SAY in this?
You did.

Quote:
Jesus died for my sins?
Yes, He did.

Quote:
Well, who asked him too?
His Father did.

Quote:
I know I didn't. I never asked anyone for salvation either.
You accepted the offer.

Quote:
Just allow me to live out my life and then I will return to the oblivion that I came from.
You didn't come from oblivion, but you could probably avoid salvation if you really set your mind to it.

Old 05-02-2016, 04:24 PM

58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Quote:
You're going. UR mandates it. It'll be bible study the 1st 8 hours of the day, harp playing the next 8 and and worship the third 8.

Old 05-02-2016, 04:57 PM

[quote=Katzpur;43913381]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense
Jesus died for my sins?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur
Yes, He did.
I noticed that EVERYONE who lived 2,000 ago is quite dead. Simple coincidence?

Old 05-02-2016, 09:39 PM

21,259 posts, read 20,859,174 times
[quote=Tired of the Nonsense;43915618]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I noticed that EVERYONE who lived 2,000 ago is quite dead. Simple coincidence?
Nope. Just a difference of opinion. As far as I'm concerned, it's only their bodies that are dead. Quite dead, as you pointed out. I believe their spirits are as alive as they ever were. I'm not trying to convince you of that; I'm just stating my own belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity