U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2016, 12:09 PM

9,985 posts, read 6,392,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Jesus seeks the destroyed sheep until He find them.

That is not very nice that you call God a devil and a liar.
I said no such thing, don't bear false witness against your neighbor.
"universal salvation" is not part of the Christian faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 12:41 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,439,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
I said no such thing, don't bear false witness against your neighbor.
"universal salvation" is not part of the Christian faith.
Universal Salvation is not a part of YOUR so-called ""Christian"" faith. You can't mix oil with water and can't mix the truth of God saving all with the doctrines of demons you believe.

God told us to charge and teach that He is all mankind's Saviour and that He will save all mankind (see 1 Timothy 4:10,11 and 2:4-6).

Since God told us to teach that, and you say it is over the devil, you are saying God is of the devil and you are calling God a liar. That is not very nice. Quit calling God a devil and a liar!

Old 05-05-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Not just death, but eternal separation from God. If you are right and I am wrong, then I have wasted my life. If I am right and you are wrong, you have wasted eternity.
No, if you are right then God is wrong. If you are right that there is "eternal separation from God" then God is wrong where He told us to teach that God is everyone's Saviour and will save all mankind (1 Tim.2:4-6; 4:10,11).

Old 05-05-2016, 01:12 PM

9,985 posts, read 6,392,600 times
Quote:
Universal Salvation is not a part of YOUR so-called ""Christian"" faith. You can't mix oil with water and can't mix the truth of God saving all with the doctrines of demons you believe.

God told us to charge and teach that He is all mankind's Saviour and that He will save all mankind (see 1 Timothy 4:10,11 and 2:4-6).

Since God told us to teach that, and you say it is over the devil, you are saying God is of the devil and you are calling God a liar. That is not very nice. Quit calling God a devil and a liar!
Jesus makes salvation possible for men, but not automatic.
Universalism was dreamt up in the 1800s.
It is heretical and not in agreement with the any of the apostolic churches
or mainstream protestant churches.
Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:28 PM

3,041 posts, read 1,055,491 times
Quote:
God is going to reconcile all in the heavens and all on the earth to Himself, making peace through the blood of Christ's cross (Col.1:20). The believer is reconciled NOW (Col.1:21) so this assures us the rest of mankind will be reconciled to God later.
Yes, and the force is "an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together." "All energy from the Living Force, from all things that have ever lived, feeds into the Cosmic Force, binding everything and communicating to us through the midi-chlorians."

What do these two claims have in common? They have both been made up.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
No, if you are right then God is wrong. If you are right that there is "eternal separation from God" then God is wrong where He told us to teach that God is everyone's Saviour and will save all mankind (1 Tim.2:4-6; 4:10,11).
God never told anyone this at all. This opinion is from a latter attributed to Paul. And the authenticity of this letter is widely disputed at that.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Not just death, but eternal separation from God. If you are right and I am wrong, then I have wasted my life. If I am right and you are wrong, you have wasted eternity.
And if it is the Zoroastrians that have been right all of this time, we are both in the same boat.

Old 05-05-2016, 02:50 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,168,683 times
Quote:
Again...God may desire that all come to the saving knowledge of Christ, repent and regenerate, but he does not sovereignly will that they do. Paul was likely referring to all kinds of people, as God's elect are not of one specific people group. Everyone has the opportunity to repent and believe, but not everyone does. (Matthew 22:14 and Romans 8:30)
See also 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15

Old 05-06-2016, 05:25 AM

6,824 posts, read 4,874,288 times
UR is a lie from the pit of Hell signed by Satan himself. You have to completely ignore Jesus's statement in Matthew 7-13:14 to believe it.

Old 05-06-2016, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Again...God may desire that all come to the saving knowledge of Christ, repent and regenerate, but he does not sovereignly will that they do. Paul was likely referring to all kinds of people, as God's elect are not of one specific people group. Everyone has the opportunity to repent and believe, but not everyone does. (Matthew 22:14 and Romans 8:30)
See also 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15
Isa_46:10 Telling from the beginning, the hereafter, and from aforetime, what has not yet been done. Saying, `All My counsel shall be confirmed, and all My desire will I do.'"

Sorry but it is too late. Christ has already ransomed all mankind and that is why God will have all mankind to be saved. He wills it to be so. And "God is working all in accord with the counsel of His will."

Therefore, the verses you referenced above can in no way contradict that which God is going to do with all mankind. It is your understanding of those verses which is contrary to God's will in this matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity