U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2017, 10:42 AM

4,059 posts, read 1,142,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You really don't pay any attention to what people actually say do you? You just spout your fantasies of what you think people must mean when they don't buy into your barbaric notions of "justice" as vengeance.

James talks about mercy and justice, and says in chapter 2 verse 13 that mercy triumphs over judgment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Thanks Nate. Thought perhaps I'd muddled it.

In my case at least, the fear came when I began studying UR and realizing it made more sense (biblically and in every other way) than what I was currently believing. It felt like if that one doctrine (ET) was taken from me, my whole world (all the other doctrines I believed) was in danger of coming crashing down. I don't know if someone like yourself, whose foundation has always been God and love rather than doctrines/beliefs, can understand what a fearful prospect that is.
That happened to me when I began to come to terms with my gender dysphoria. When I came to realize that everything I had been told about it wasn't true, it felt like the rug had been pulled out from under my feet. And God built the foundation I stand on now. Not one based on fear and judgement, but one based on love, mercy and compassion...and justice.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
err, where did i misunderstand?

I think Nate wa responding to hlc, here is the post I think Nate is responding to, though I could be wrong. I do that a lot lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Sound like a ultra liberal ideas were the offence of the cross of Jesus and its judgement for salvation is gone and then we are left with a God who is ultra loving God who has all love and no justice, where God will live forever with people who probably hate him ....... I not convinced

Old 01-27-2017, 11:19 AM

17,658 posts, read 8,860,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
One day over a decade or so, He said to me, "There were 2 trees in the midst of the garden." I already had been shown the 2 trees were in the midst of the Tabernacle design as well, in the inner court. But when He said that to me, what He hit me with in understanding at the same time, was that if the inner court is the midst of His garden, THEN THE WHOLE GARDEN IS HIS, not just the midst. It was quite a shock, even more so when I found that there were others who had been shown Christian Universalism. So I had a lot of studying to do, to reconcile this, and reconcile it I did. Peace
Harmony without confusion.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:30 AM

14,989 posts, read 7,526,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I understand. Been there, done that. Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
That happened to me when I began to come to terms with my gender dysphoria. When I came to realize that everything I had been told about it wasn't true, it felt like the rug had been pulled out from under my feet. And God built the foundation I stand on now. Not one based on fear and judgement, but one based on love, mercy and compassion...and justice.
We could start a club.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:44 AM

9,162 posts, read 2,773,481 times
Quote:
We could start a club.

Fear (not the G-dly kind) hath torment. Usually takes quite an "earthquake" to shake the tormentors out of your "heaven" (seeing Satan fall as lightning). Fortunately, when He comes (with truth) He shakes heaven AND earth. Peace

Old 01-27-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
We could start a club.
I like that idea!!

Old 01-27-2017, 12:04 PM

15,540 posts, read 6,992,023 times
Quote:
yeah, why would we ever want to grow up, adulthood stinks. Holding oneself accountable and not judging others is a very hard thing to do.
Quote:
err, where did i misunderstand?
On the question of accountability. You seem to think that we don't recognize it when you have been told that we will reap what we sow MANY times, and that learning about God's love will be a painful process for many people. You seem to be stuck in the idea that opportunity stops at death, which makes no sense at all. It turns judgement into nothing more than revenge when no possibility of change exists.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
On the question of accountability. You seem to think that we don't recognize it when you have been told that we will reap what we sow MANY times, and that learning about God's love will be a painful process for many people. You seem to be stuck in the idea that opportunity stops at death, which makes no sense at all. It turns judgement into nothing more than revenge when no possibility of change exists.
I was wrong? Again? *sobs*

Old 01-27-2017, 12:17 PM

12,597 posts, read 10,725,246 times
Quote:
"... all men will be gathered into the love of God.
The only victory love can enjoy is the day when its offer of love
is answered by the return of love.
The only possible final triumph is a universe loved by and in love with God.
Very well said and
oh my gosh, yes, of course. It could be no other way.
I don't make this stuff up...I was given this knowledge...before that
I believed like most Christians...what I was taught to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity