U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-15-2017, 10:09 AM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: The Haunted Mansion
15,139 posts, read 8,226,063 times
Reputation: 1544

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Did you ever consider that the mainstream teaching (the broad path) might be the one that is following "seducing spirits?" That what Jesus taught about the love of God is NOT consistent with the idea that punishment could ever be without possibility of change? Look at the "fruit" of the doctrine rather than the popularity of it.
Speculation, not founded in scripture (bolded above). In fact, Jesus taught the opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-15-2017, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Canada
6,643 posts, read 3,992,180 times
Reputation: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Universalism doesn't need Jesus if we all end up in heaven without Him......the pipe dream of no judgment denies who God is. God is total love but also just........choices have consequences. Man disobeyed in the garden and the accumulation of sin debt began, a debt sinful man couldn 't pay. Only a holy God could pay the debt for us.

Universalism goes directly against scripture which proclaims ALL have sinned and fallens short of the glory of God. We are ALL born spiritually dead and separated from God.......there will be no heaven ever for those who remain that way. Any thoughts to the contrary are merely denial and escapism........don't buy into it........

Grace and peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
This doctrine is one of many that fulfilled the Scripture, as the great falling away must happen before the man of sin is revealed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
This doctrine of yours is a departure from good old time salvation that Yeshua Hamashiach (Hebrew for Jesus the Messiah) taught, and the Scripture teaches that it would happen.

1 Timothy 4
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Speculation, not founded in scripture (bolded above). In fact, Jesus taught the opposite.
Funny how what we are commanded to teach you guys believe is not to be found in scripture.

Scgraham states that 1 Tim 4:1-2 is in reference to universalism, however it is actually in reference to to the doctrines of ET and annihilation. And if they had have kept reading 1 tim 4 they would have seen exactly what we are COMMANDED to teach.

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men,*specially*of those that believe. These things command and teach.

You guys simply believe and teach that which you should not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2017, 05:40 AM
 
5,408 posts, read 4,658,268 times
Reputation: 1113
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Funny how what we are commanded to teach you guys believe is not to be found in scripture.

Scgraham states that 1 Tim 4:1-2 is in reference to universalism, however it is actually in reference to to the doctrines of ET and annihilation. And if they had have kept reading 1 tim 4 they would have seen exactly what we are COMMANDED to teach.

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men,*specially*of those that believe. These things command and teach.

You guys simply believe and teach that which you should not.
Jesus is the Saviour of all men, Jews and Genttiles alike, but most reject Him and so He can't save them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2017, 07:49 AM
 
Location: Canada
6,643 posts, read 3,992,180 times
Reputation: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Jesus is the Saviour of all men, Jews and Genttiles alike, but most reject Him and so He can't save them.


Jesus is the Saviour of all men, specially those that believe, this command and teach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2017, 08:00 AM
 
5,408 posts, read 4,658,268 times
Reputation: 1113
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Jesus is the Saviour of all men, specially those that believe, this command and teach
Jesus can't save the unwilling, just as he couldn't do any mighty work among his countrymen.

Matthew 13
57 And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.
58 And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2017, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Canada
6,643 posts, read 3,992,180 times
Reputation: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Jesus can't save the unwilling, just as he couldn't do any mighty work among his countrymen.

Matthew 13
57 And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.
58 And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

Well you either believe what we are commanded to teach or you do not. however teaching anything other then what we are commanded to teach is a strange doctrine that 1 tim 4 speaks about many believing.

You seem to believe that Adams sin, which brought all men to sin is stronger then the cross of Jesus Christ and that which he did. That would mean Adams sin is greater in scope then Christs redemption. That alone should make you question the doctrine you hold to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2017, 09:25 AM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: The Haunted Mansion
15,139 posts, read 8,226,063 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Well you either believe what we are commanded to teach or you do not. however teaching anything other then what we are commanded to teach is a strange doctrine that 1 tim 4 speaks about many believing.

You seem to believe that Adams sin, which brought all men to sin is stronger then the cross of Jesus Christ and that which he did. That would mean Adams sin is greater in scope then Christs redemption. That alone should make you question the doctrine you hold to.
John 3:16 (along with the Timothy passage) teaches that, to access grace, we must believe. "Without faith, it is impossible to please God." (Hebrews)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2017, 09:31 AM
 
5,408 posts, read 4,658,268 times
Reputation: 1113
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Well you either believe what we are commanded to teach or you do not. however teaching anything other then what we are commanded to teach is a strange doctrine that 1 tim 4 speaks about many believing.

You seem to believe that Adams sin, which brought all men to sin is stronger then the cross of Jesus Christ and that which he did. That would mean Adams sin is greater in scope then Christs redemption. That alone should make you question the doctrine you hold to.
A classic sign of false doctrine is to take one verse, of which they have no understanding, and make a doctrine out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2017, 09:31 AM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: The Haunted Mansion
15,139 posts, read 8,226,063 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
A classic sign of false doctrine is to take one verse, of which they have no understanding, and make a doctrine out of it.
Yep!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2017, 09:32 AM
 
Location: Canada
6,643 posts, read 3,992,180 times
Reputation: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
John 3:16 (along with the Timothy passage) teaches that, to access grace, we must believe. "Without faith, it is impossible to please God." (Hebrews)
And what makes you think not all will believe? do not the scriptures tell us that every knee shall bow (the word bow here is always used in worship) and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.


God gets no glory from lip service jim, thus the confession is from the heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top