U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-16-2017, 09:29 PM
 
37,517 posts, read 25,250,403 times
Reputation: 5857

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
That is not teaching this
Jesus Christ is the saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
When jimmie reads that, he reads: "Jesus Christ is the saviour of all men who believe." Either his grasp of grammar and context is faulty or his indoctrination blinds him to the meaning of simple English.
Quote:
What you teach is Jesus Christ is the potential savior of all men. which is not scriptural
Amen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-16-2017, 09:34 PM
 
37,517 posts, read 25,250,403 times
Reputation: 5857
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Because both Jesus and Paul taught there is no chance at redemption after physical death. "Now is the day of salvation." 2 Cor. 6:2
Clearly, you do not believe that Jesus saved us. You want to maintain that we must somehow save ourselves by believing whatever you believe ABOUT Jesus and God. It is truly odd that you SAY Jesus saved us and then place conditions on it that require us to save ourselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Why do you think "now" stops being now when a particular "now" passes? Why do you think that "judgement" entails an eternity of torment rather than facing the consequences of your choices in a learning environment?
Now meant at the time as it always does. That is why it is finished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It can never not be now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2017, 05:23 AM
 
5,417 posts, read 4,663,138 times
Reputation: 1114
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If it were a matter of one verse out of context, you would have a point, but you refuse to look into all that is said on the subject because it goes against what you have been taught all your life to which you so despeately cling.
The Bible teaches me daily, and It confirms my belief system; it's called the straight and narrow path that leads to eternal life. I'm not interested in side roads to make my flesh feel better. God and the flesh are incompatible. Thank God that Jesus didn't choose His flesh over God's will, or else mankind would be doomed and without hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2017, 06:54 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,551 posts, read 7,007,722 times
Reputation: 1604
The Bible "teaches" you only what you are willing to see in it. That's called confirmation bias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2017, 07:13 AM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 9 days ago)
 
Location: The Haunted Mansion
15,159 posts, read 8,237,578 times
Reputation: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
When jimmie reads that, he reads: "Jesus Christ is the saviour of all men who believe." Either his grasp of grammar and context is faulty or his indoctrination blinds him to the meaning of simple English.Amen!
Wrong. Jesus is the savior of all men. However, to access grace, one must believe. "Without faith, it is impossible to please God." That's exactly what the Timothy passage says, along with John 3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2017, 07:14 AM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 9 days ago)
 
Location: The Haunted Mansion
15,159 posts, read 8,237,578 times
Reputation: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Clearly, you do not believe that Jesus saved us. You want to maintain that we must somehow save ourselves by believing whatever you believe ABOUT Jesus and God. It is truly odd that you SAY Jesus saved us and then place conditions on it that require us to save ourselves.
Now meant at the time as it always does. That is why it is finished.
There is a condition-faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2017, 08:12 AM
 
5,417 posts, read 4,663,138 times
Reputation: 1114
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The Bible "teaches" you only what you are willing to see in it. That's called confirmation bias.
You know nothing about me nor my intentions. My desire is for nothing but the Truth, and to walk in It. As the Bible teaches, the flesh wars against the Spirit, but many choose the way of the flesh because it's the path of least resistance. You have chosen to believe in an alternative gospel for some reason, but it has no place in me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2017, 08:50 AM
 
17,743 posts, read 8,883,926 times
Reputation: 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Wrong. Jesus is the savior of all men. However, to access grace, one must believe. "Without faith, it is impossible to please God." That's exactly what the Timothy passage says, along with John 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
There is a condition-faith.
But you have not the faith which understands:

1 Timothy 2:4
... who desires all people to be saved and come to full knowledge of [the] truth.

It's an active, ongoing result of a previous action.

And in the ongoing result of that action; desires (wants, wills) all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of truth. The action is indicative. Nowhere is it subjunctive, or that of being contingent or probable, nor imperative on the subjects response. Neither is it Optative, as in being unlikely or wishful thinking that mankind might come to this salvation and knowledge.

You should investigate that which will be destroyed; it's not the man himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2017, 09:02 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,551 posts, read 7,007,722 times
Reputation: 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You know nothing about me nor my intentions. My desire is for nothing but the Truth, and to walk in It. As the Bible teaches, the flesh wars against the Spirit, but many choose the way of the flesh because it's the path of least resistance. You have chosen to believe in an alternative gospel for some reason, but it has no place in me.
I know that you CHOOSE not to follow the prompting of the Spirit which IS love and expand your awareness of its nature. Nothing easy or "fleshly" about it. and it has nothing to do with the forms and beliefs you cherish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2017, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,551 posts, read 7,007,722 times
Reputation: 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
There is a condition-faith.
Yes, jimmiej, but it is YOU who try to limit the environment in which that faith may come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top