Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2017, 07:34 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
As usual, you misrepresent the truth. God did NOT create us in sin. It was/is a choice. You have said many times here that people should just stop sinning.

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
When is the last time you read that ancient book?

Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.-----Psalm 51:5

Genesis 8:21 declares, “. . . the intent of man’s heart is evil from his youth.”

(Psalm 58:3) "The wicked are estranged from the womb; These who speak lies go astray from birth."

Yet the "gift of the HS" still does not stop man from sinning does it?

Old 07-18-2017, 07:38 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
When is the last time you read that ancient book?

Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.-----Psalm 51:5

Genesis 8:21 declares, “. . . the intent of man’s heart is evil from his youth.”

(Psalm 58:3) "The wicked are estranged from the womb; These who speak lies go astray from birth."

Yet the "gift of the HS" still does not stop man from sinning does it?
This morning.

Just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so sin spread through all men” (Romans 5:12).

See also Genesis 3.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:10 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times
Post Whatsoever is of good report think on this thing - Phil 4:8

By William Barclay (well known Bible expositor)
“I am a convinced universalist. I believe that in the end everyone will be gathered into the love of God. The only victory love can enjoy is the day when its offer of love is answered by the return of love. The only possible final triumph is a universe loved by and in love with God.”
[Quoted from William Barclay: A Spiritual Autobiography, William B Eerdmans Publishing Company, Grand Rapids, 1977.]
The writings of several dozens of other "convinced universalists."
The Authors Page

THREE MORE TREASURE HOUSES OF CHRISTIAN UNIVERSALIST ARTICLES
Christian Universalism Articles by Title
Christian Universalism Articles
God's Truth For Today!

Old 07-22-2017, 07:31 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
I am a convinced universalist. I believe that in the end everyone will be gathered into the love of God. The only victory love can enjoy is the day when its offer of love is answered by the return of love. The only possible final triumph is a universe loved by and in love with God.”
[Quoted from William Barclay: A Spiritual Autobiography, William B Eerdmans Publishing Company, Grand Rapids, 1977.]
The Authors Page

God's Truth For Today!
That's a beautiful quote. Thanks for posting these articles, Rodger.
Much love to you brother,
sparrow

Old 07-22-2017, 09:46 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
“I am a convinced universalist. I believe that in the end everyone will be gathered into the love of God. The only victory love can enjoy is the day when its offer of love is answered by the return of love. The only possible final triumph is a universe loved by and in love with God.”
The Authors Page

God's Truth For Today!
Happy thought, beautiful hope.

Thanks, Rodger.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:00 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
That's a beautiful quote. Thanks for posting these articles, Rodger.
Much love to you brother,
sparrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Happy thought, beautiful hope.
Thanks, Rodger.
I join our sisters in appreciating your post, Rodger.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:52 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
i found out one of the things i am, by coming to this forum years ago, has a label !
I'm a Universalist.

Old 07-23-2017, 05:05 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
i found out one of the things i am, by coming to this forum years ago, has a label !
I'm a Universalist.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:30 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,108,627 times
There are a great number of well-known people of every religious persuasion that say many things. Being well-known doesn't make what they say true. That evidence is based on what they base their beliefs on.

What is the source for the belief system of Universalist? Where do your teachings, guides, laws, and beliefs come from? Muslims follow the Koran, Mormons follow the Book of Mormon, Christians follow the Bible, etc., Upon what writings do Universalists follow?

Old 07-25-2017, 10:20 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
There are a great number of well-known people of every religious persuasion that say many things. Being well-known doesn't make what they say true. That evidence is based on what they base their beliefs on.

What is the source for the belief system of Universalist? Where do your teachings, guides, laws, and beliefs come from? Muslims follow the Koran, Mormons follow the Book of Mormon, Christians follow the Bible, etc., Upon what writings do Universalists follow?
Some Christians who accept some form of "universalism" think the bible is the word of God. Some of them, who tend toward a more literal view of much of the bible (unless it very obviously was something such as metaphor or visions), refer to themselves as "Evangelical Universalists", I believe, so if you are interested in their understanding, you can google that phrase. They tend to be fairly orthodox in their doctrines.* Other Christians who accept some form of "universalism", who think the bible is the word of God, tend towards a more symbolic view of the Bible. That would be people like L. Ray Smith and J. Preston Eby, I believe. Still other Christians who accept some form of "universalism" think the bible contains things inspired by God, but recognize that it is not inerrant, nor infallible. So, the beliefs about the bible among Christians who accept some form of "universalism" run the gamut, but since they are Christians, they all do lay claim to the bible as a source of truth.

I'm not a Christian. I don't "follow" a book. But I appreciate the wisdom and beauty of the spirit of such a hope, which I believe is consistent with much that is said in the bible:

*You may find this helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnuLnBakS6w

Last edited by Pleroo; 07-25-2017 at 10:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity