U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2016, 12:43 AM

8,638 posts, read 5,139,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I object to you saying I'm trolling, because they have NOT been answered, they have been excused or ignored.

Show me where anyone answered them. You can't.

You're really in love the image of Teresa of Calcutta, not the reality, aren't you
I have personally given you on this same thread you started in the Religion and Spirituality master thread, links to stories by reporters, and by a former Indian government official who followed her for 18 years. The fact that you ignore those and can't see any middle ground puts you in the same camp as jeffbase40 --- closed minded to any but your own opinion and your own spin. You are your own kind of fundamentalist, choosing to see evil from people attempting to accomplish something while sitting on your haunches at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 12:53 AM

10,202 posts, read 5,756,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I have personally given you on this same thread you started in the Religion and Spirituality master thread, links to stories by reporters, and by a former Indian government official who followed her for 18 years. The fact that you ignore those and can't see any middle ground puts you in the same camp as jeffbase40 --- closed minded to any but your own opinion and your own spin. You are your own kind of fundamentalist, choosing to see evil from people attempting to accomplish something while sitting on your haunches at home.
Is the answer to:
  • use of unsterilized needles answered?
  • was the fact that palliative care did not exist in any meaningful way answered? Warehousing people, and reveling that they are suffering like Jesus is not palliative care.
  • was the issue of the millions raised that were used for convents answered?

If so, please point me to where. Quit calling me a troll, or equating me to fundies, SHOW me where those issues were answered in a meaningful way.

Show me.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:35 AM

20,187 posts, read 12,861,259 times
Quote:
I object to you saying I'm trolling, because they have NOT been answered, they have been excused or ignored.

Show me where anyone answered them. You can't.

You're really in love the image of Teresa of Calcutta, not the reality, aren't you
Actually, I haven't thought about her much until you started haranguing on her. Now I like her quite a bit.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:37 AM

20,187 posts, read 12,861,259 times
Quote:
Is the answer to:
  • use of unsterilized needles answered?
  • was the fact that palliative care did not exist in any meaningful way answered? Warehousing people, and reveling that they are suffering like Jesus is not palliative care.
  • was the issue of the millions raised that were used for convents answered?

If so, please point me to where. Quit calling me a troll, or equating me to fundies, SHOW me where those issues were answered in a meaningful way.

Show me.
No amount of "showing" will stop you from trolling.

Old 04-13-2016, 02:07 AM

10,202 posts, read 5,756,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You're attacking me, but fail to answer those three rather simple questions, ones others have said have been answered elsewhere, and I only ask where.

So, can you answer the questions? If so, please do. If not, quit deflecting.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:33 AM

5,524 posts, read 2,609,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If cupper3 is trolling then it could be said that you are too. And me. I think that cupper3 raises valid questions.

I too would like to hear the answers to those three very simple questions.

Old 04-13-2016, 10:27 AM

425 posts, read 181,275 times
-
I've heard it said that no one is a complete failure when they can serve as a bad example.

Father Kolodiejchuk's book "Mother Teresa / Come Be My Light; The Private Writings of the Saint of Calcutta" is especially handy for juxtaposing Teresa's missionary beliefs and practices with those of the apostle Paul's. In doing so, it becomes readily apparent that there was something very wrong in her methods and in her association with Christianity.

Teresa's five long decades of perpetual darkness, spiritual dryness, feeling abandoned by Christ, the absence of even the faintest glimmer of The Lord's presence, and lack of faith are especially inconsistent with Paul's life-- whom I believe to be a far more reliable role model for aspiring missionaries than Teresa was even on her best day.

My purpose with this thread was not to denigrate the humane value of Mother Teresa's work in India, nor to critique her personally as a human being; but rather, to analyze her deplorable spiritual condition and sleuth why the most pious nun that the twentieth century ever produced, wrote in her private letters:

"When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven, there is such convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives and hurt my very soul. How painful is this unknown pain— I have no faith."

"The place of God in my soul is blank-- There is no God in me"

"I am told God loves me; and yet the reality of darkness & coldness & emptiness is so great that nothing touches my soul."

"The damned of Hell suffer eternal punishment because they experiment with the loss of God. In my own soul, I feel the terrible pain of this loss. I feel that God does not want me, that God is not God; and that He does not really exist."

It's commonly asserted that Teresa couldn't have persisted in India lest she believed in, and relied upon, God's providence. Well, anybody who's done any background on Teresa knows she didn't need God providence nor anybody else's for that matter.

Teresa was stalwart by nature. Once she set her mind to a task, Teresa was a D-9 Caterpillar tractor and not easily deterred once she put things in gear.

Teresa's personality is neither rare nor unusual. Beginning with the mighty men of Gen 6:4, and stretching down through the ages; all the really great achievers have succeeded by beating the odds and stubbornly persisting in the face of adversity.

An outstanding example of the "Mother Teresa" attitude is found in US Navy SEALs. They are a breed of men who absolutely refuse to be beaten . . at anything. I once heard an ex-SEAL say that if a group of SEALs were playing hop-scotch, it would soon turn violent because they don't like to lose.

I believe that Christ was fully aware of Teresa's degree of self reliance and shunned working with her because she was strong-willed and determined to do things her way irrespective of how the Lord might have felt about her ideas.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Old 04-13-2016, 10:33 AM

23,476 posts, read 12,143,420 times
It's sad - but almost in a funny way - how neither cupper, nor jeffbase, Viz or Eusie see themselves as others see them.

Old 04-13-2016, 10:36 AM

32,538 posts, read 29,419,108 times
Quote:

So exactly, what part of what the image is of Teresa the Nun that you are concerned might be destroyed? Why won't you look at what she really did, especially what she could have done with all that money.
As I've said previously....I'm not going to feed into your rants on Mother Teresa.

Old 04-13-2016, 11:09 AM

8,827 posts, read 6,318,473 times
Quote:
If there is a hell, that is where that witch of a deceitful, cruel woman should be. Thankfully, at least she is dead, although her legacy continues.
Wow, and you call yourself a Christian?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or