U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 11:15 PM

8,614 posts, read 5,129,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyawehNyoh View Post
There's no middle ground in the passage below.

. John 3:3 . . Jesus declared: I tell you the truth, no one can see the
kingdom of God unless he is born again.

The words "no one" permit no exceptions; viz: they include Old Testament
people as well as New, and underage children and India's pagans too;
otherwise language and grammar serve no useful purpose.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
But JESUS never explained what being "born again" really means. You can pull up Paul and perhaps one of the other disciples, but not JESUS.

Did you ever answer the question about babies being sentenced to hell because either they didn't believe as you say they should have, or because you have no scriptural answer to that question.

It is "no middle ground" people that are destroying faith in the Almighty--AND in our political system. What you guys and gals are---is the devil himself.

You can quote Scripture, memorize entire chapters of the bible, appear in church three times a week, pray eloquently in public, hold to all the "correct" doctrines, and maintain a holy appearance, but it is your BEHAVIOR that reveals your true character.

In this case, Mother Teresa's BEHAVIOR has given her "saint" status with much of the world. You and I are but observers who can only hope to behave as decently as she did. That is what the world saw and sees. Because if you LIVE for Christ, it is obvious to all who observe. Correct doctrines don't hold much water with the Eternal Judge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 09:19 AM

425 posts, read 180,837 times
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
But JESUS never explained what being "born again" really means.
They say the best place to hide something is right out in plain view. Well;
that's certainly true in this case. Christ told you most everything you need
to know about the meaning of "born again" right there in John 3:3-12.

But it's no surprise to me that you can't "get it". I mean; even Nicodemus
couldn't get it, and he was a rabbi.

Quote:
Did you ever answer the question about babies being sentenced to hell
because either they didn't believe as you say they should have
It's known from passages like Matt 18:10 and Luke 18:16 that there are
children in the kingdom of God.

It's also known from passages like Gen 6:8, Gen 8:21, Ps 58:3, and Eph 2:3
that children are hell-worthy from the womb.

It's also known from John 3:3-7 that children have to undergo a spirit
rebirth just like everybody else in order to gain entry to the kingdom of God.

It's also known from numerous passages that belief is an essential element
of salvation.

So then, the question is: When and/or under what circumstances, are
children after death given an opportunity to become believers?

I don't know.

Children that die in infancy have a really big advantage. The afterlife is the
only life they'll ever know so it's very easy to convince them that there is
such a thing as life after death. Adults on this side of death are a bit more
difficult to persuade.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Last edited by NyawehNyoh; 04-20-2016 at 09:41 AM..

Old 04-20-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
-

They say the best place to hide something is right out in plain view. Well;
that's certainly true in this case. Christ told you most everything you need
to know about the meaning of "born again" right there in John 3:3-12.

But it's no surprise to me that you can't "get it". I mean; even Nicodemus
couldn't get it, and he was a rabbi.

It's known from passages like Matt 18:10 and Luke 18:16 that there are
children in the kingdom of God.

It's also known from passages like Gen 6:8, Gen 8:21, Ps 58:3, and Eph 2:3
that children are hell-worthy from the womb.

It's also known from John 3:3-7 that children have to undergo a spirit
rebirth just like everybody else in order to gain entry to the kingdom of God.

It's also known from numerous passages that belief is an essential element
of salvation.

So then, the question is: When and/or under what circumstances, are
children after death given an opportunity to become believers?

I don't know.

Children that die in infancy have a really big advantage. The afterlife is the
only life they'll ever know so it's very easy to convince them that there is
such a thing as life after death. Adults on this side of death are a bit more
difficult to persuade.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Oh, I get it alright. I had that personal experience at age 16 (about 100 years ago). But I didn't stay a child with my faith--I grew, whereas you are remaining where you began. I don't question your "faith" as that is very personal. I question your religion which is your path to God. You see only one path to God which means you will only know the path. I see our spirituality as in our DNA. The fact is that virtually ALL religions seek God (or Transcendental Essence) using much the same ideas. Christianity is the only religion using "Jesus." But all religions have a foundation in what we know as the Golden Rule. So the "Golden Rule" is in the DNA of those seeking God.
--------------
Muslim:
“None of you has faith until he loves for his brother or his neighbor what he loves for himself.” [Sahih Muslim, Book 1, Number 72]

Buddhism:
Life is dear to all. Put yourself in the place of others and harm none nor have them harmed'(Dhp.130). `You should make this inference, A person who is angry and who speaks angrily is unpleasant and disagreeable to me, so if I were angry and spoke angrily I would be unpleasant and disagreeable to others. Understanding this, one should then think, I shall neither be angry nor speak angrily.' (M.I,99). `Thinking As am I so are others, as are others so am I harm none nor have them harmed' (Sn.705). - See more at: Guide To Buddhism A To Z
Let a man overcome anger by love, evil by good, the greedy by liberality, the liar by truth.
(Dhammapada, v. 223)
The fault of others is easily perceived, but that of oneself is difficult to perceive; the faults of others one lays open as much as possible, but one's own fault one hides, as a cheat hides the bad die from the gambler. If a man looks after the faults of others, and is always inclined to detract, his own weakness will grow.
(Dhammapada, vv. 252, 253)
Put yourself in the place of others and harm none nor have them harmed. (Dhammapada, v. 130)

Hinduism:
This is the sum of duty; do naught onto others what you would not have them do unto you.
Mahabharata 5,1517

Confucianism:
Do not do to others what you would not like yourself. Then there will be no resentment against you, either in the family or in the state.
Analects 12:2

Judaism:
What is hateful to you, do not do to your fellowman. This is the entire Law; all the rest is commentary.
Talmud, Shabbat 3id

Taoism:
Regard your neighbor’s gain as your gain, and your neighbor’s loss as your own loss.
Tai Shang Kan Yin P’ien
-----------------------
Bottom line, the spirituality DNA teaches us the same thing. It is no doubt God at work, regardless of the path.

Regarding "original sin," you choose to believe the wrong verses. How about "original righteousness?:
Quote:
I depended on you since birth, when you brought me from my mother's womb;
Psalm 71:6
Or how about Jesus--did He believe in "original sin?" Apparently not as He states we cannot enter heaven until we are LIKE children--who obviously are NOT sinful from birth:
Quote:
"Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 18:3
Or what about Psalm 58:3 which states the WICKED are estranged from birth:
Quote:
The wicked are estranged from the womb; These who speak lies go astray from birth.
Apparently David, in this Psalm believes it it the WICKED who are so from birth--not himself as Psalm 71:6 indicates.

The point I am making is that it is only through the process of SELECTIVE Scripture reading that most of the cardinal "doctrines" of any denomination are reached. And the fact that there are many, many different sects within Christianity exposes the sheer amount of selective process that goes on.

If you believe there is only one path to God, then all you will ever know is your path. If you are open to the commonalities among the various religions, you can arrive at the place where others are on a different path, not yours, but not necessarily wrong either. That was the position in which Mother Teresa found herself towards the end of her life.

"One true path" believers are about dividing into them and us, but Jesus was about showing commonalities with His parable about Samaritans (who were the "other" then), about His example when allowing the menstruating woman to touch Him without being stoned or seeing Himself as "unclean," about allowing a tax collector (kind of like viewing one as we do a used car salesman today) to be a disciple, and another who would betray Him.

If "believing" were the be all and end all, then Jesus would have taught "believing" in His first and greatest sermon, The Sermon on the Mount. Yet we do not see the word "believe" anywhere in that message. The entire message is about BEING and DOING.

You are correct that the gospel of John is much more about "believing." By the time John was written in 95CE, the first dogmas of Churchianity had begun.

What you are espousing is not the teachings of Jesus, but that of Churchianity which is the primary religion of most people claiming to be "Christians."

Study something BESIDES the Bible. God has inspired many men through the centuries and still does today. Their ideas are not worthy of dismissal unless your Churchianity has put scales over your eyes so that you cannot see the Spirit of God at work. While Jesus is my chosen path to reach the realities of God, I haven't the hubris to claim it is solely the correct pathway, particularly when so many other religions have a similar foundation in the DOING portion of reaching God.

Being "born again" describes a new way of looking at those around us, and that truth is displayed in all the other major religions. You haven't displayed any "new" way of looking at others. Instead you espouse the same divisions that Jesus fought against during His short ministry.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:40 AM

425 posts, read 180,837 times
-
September of 1946, Teresa, then 36 years old, was sent to her annual retreat and a needed rest, to the Loreto convent in Darjeeling, a town nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas, some 400 miles north of Calcutta (a.k.a. Kolkata).

On the 10th, she experienced a "mystical encounter" with Christ. This encounter would be only the first of several that would occur that year. But lest you make the mistake of assuming that Teresa actually eye-witnessed an apparition, or that she actually heard sounds with her own ears; let me explain something that's crucial to keeping Teresa's experience in the proper perspective.

Her so-called encounters are what's known as locutions (supernatural words) viz: manifestations of God's thoughts; which may come through words heard externally (exterior or auricular locutions) or in the imagination (interior imaginative locutions) or immediately without any words (interior intellectual locutions) viz: intuition. Teresa's locutions were of the interior imaginative variety; viz: she didn't actually hear any voices nor did she see anybody; no, it all took place in her imagination.

I'm not making this up. I own a copy of Teresa's personal letters, published with commentary by Father Brian Kolodiejchuk, M.C. the director of the Mother Teresa Center, and Postulator for her canonization. Father Brian is not one of Ms. Bojaxhiu's enemies. No, they were friends for like twenty years: he's a great admirer of hers and had his superior's approval to publish her letters.

One of her letters, containing excerpts of some of her conversations with "Jesus" that took place in her imagination, is on page 47. What really caught my attention in the letter is a promise Teresa claims the locutions made to her that went like this : "Do not fear-- I shall be with you always."

Was "Jesus" with her always? Not even! The poor woman went on from that year forward to endure virtually five decades feeling abandoned by Christ; and yearning for even the slightest glimmer of The Lord's presence.

Q: If the locutions were only in Teresa's imagination; then why did they go silent? Couldn't she have kept them going?

A: Teresa wondered why the locutions stopped too. However, that's really a question for either a professional psychologist or a neuroscientist. Our minds seem at times to have a mind of their own. As an example, no doubt there's been times when you heard someone call your name; when actually nobody did. I don't know how to explain things like that any more than I know how to explain the immoral, and oftentimes violent thoughts and imaginations that flood our minds totally against our will.

How does the human brain, a 3-pound lump of flabby organic tissue consisting of 60% fat, produce the phenomena of memory, consciousness, and self awareness? How does it make us all behave so similarly at times, and yet endow each of us with a unique and irreproducible existence? I can't answer those questions any more than I can resolve Teresa's interior imaginative locutions nor the mental activity of clairvoyance and horse whispering.

Teresa died in 1997 at the age of 87; distraught with fear that God not only didn't like her, but also that He may never have actually approved of her work in India. Let that be a lesson. NEVER listen for a so-called "still small voice" in your head; because it just might be nothing in the world but your own mind's imagination getting to you. Following the lead of your own imagination is like hitching your buggy to a tumble weed. You'll never get to town like that.

. 1John 4:1 . . Beloved, believe not every wind, but test the spirits whether they are of God

Don't be gullible. Fantasized voices are the most unreliable form of communication with God that I can possibly imagine. People actually commit crimes because they hear a voice from God telling them to do so.

Q: Do you really think Mother Teresa had some mystical experiences?

A: People need to understand that I.I.L.'s are neither visible nor audible. No, they are totally psychological: viz: they are essentially fantasies; which is exactly why I strongly recommend that Christians never listen for a "still small voice" at prayer because the human mind truly has a mind of its own; and can easily mislead its owner.

Then there's also the paranormal aspect to consider. The Bible reveals that there are invisible beings in the air all around us every moment of our lives-- whether we are awake or asleep --that have the ability to get inside people's heads with subconscious suggestions, dreams, and locutions to persuade them to think, act, and feel in ways they would never ordinarily do on their own. This aspect of demonic control is especially terrifying because, unlike possession, it's an activity that is impossible to detect with any of the five human senses of taste, touch, sight, hearing, or smell. Nor can it be detected by scientific instruments like CatScans, X-rays, or oscilloscopes.

Q: Why do you ridicule Teresa's locutions when you your own self believe they happened?

A: I assure you there is nothing amusing about either Teresa or her locutions; no, on the contrary, I think her condition was not only to be deeply pitied, but also quite terrifying. Teresa's locutions led that poor woman into a half century of spiritual dryness and alienation from God-- a period of darkness of the soul unequalled in the history of Catholic mystics.

People are far too prone to evaluate Teresa's spirituality by her feats, when the true proof of the pudding is not in one's feats, but rather, in one's association with Christ; and according to Teresa's own letters; the "absent one" was never with her in India at all.

. Matt 7:22-23 . . Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Master, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them : I never knew you. Depart from me, you that work iniquity.

Let that be a lesson. Somebody's accomplishments done in Christ's name, no matter how remarkable, do not guarantee they will make it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Old 04-21-2016, 02:35 PM

37,584 posts, read 25,282,626 times
Quote:
Oh, I get it alright. I had that personal experience at age 16 (about 100 years ago). But I didn't stay a child with my faith--I grew, whereas you are remaining where you began. I don't question your "faith" as that is very personal. I question your religion which is your path to God. You see only one path to God which means you will only know the path. I see our spirituality as in our DNA. The fact is that virtually ALL religions seek God (or Transcendental Essence) using much the same ideas. Christianity is the only religion using "Jesus." But all religions have a foundation in what we know as the Golden Rule. So the "Golden Rule" is in the DNA of those seeking God.
--------------
Muslim:
None of you has faith until he loves for his brother or his neighbor what he loves for himself. [Sahih Muslim, Book 1, Number 72]

Buddhism:
Life is dear to all. Put yourself in the place of others and harm none nor have them harmed'(Dhp.130). `You should make this inference, A person who is angry and who speaks angrily is unpleasant and disagreeable to me, so if I were angry and spoke angrily I would be unpleasant and disagreeable to others. Understanding this, one should then think, I shall neither be angry nor speak angrily.' (M.I,99). `Thinking As am I so are others, as are others so am I harm none nor have them harmed' (Sn.705). - See more at: Guide To Buddhism A To Z
Let a man overcome anger by love, evil by good, the greedy by liberality, the liar by truth.
(Dhammapada, v. 223)
The fault of others is easily perceived, but that of oneself is difficult to perceive; the faults of others one lays open as much as possible, but one's own fault one hides, as a cheat hides the bad die from the gambler. If a man looks after the faults of others, and is always inclined to detract, his own weakness will grow.
(Dhammapada, vv. 252, 253)
Put yourself in the place of others and harm none nor have them harmed. (Dhammapada, v. 130)

Hinduism:
This is the sum of duty; do naught onto others what you would not have them do unto you.
Mahabharata 5,1517

Confucianism:
Do not do to others what you would not like yourself. Then there will be no resentment against you, either in the family or in the state.
Analects 12:2

Judaism:
What is hateful to you, do not do to your fellowman. This is the entire Law; all the rest is commentary.
Talmud, Shabbat 3id

Taoism:
Regard your neighbors gain as your gain, and your neighbors loss as your own loss.
Tai Shang Kan Yin Pien
-----------------------
Bottom line, the spirituality DNA teaches us the same thing. It is no doubt God at work, regardless of the path.

Regarding "original sin," you choose to believe the wrong verses. How about "original righteousness?:
Psalm 71:6
Or how about Jesus--did He believe in "original sin?" Apparently not as He states we cannot enter heaven until we are LIKE children--who obviously are NOT sinful from birth:
Matthew 18:3
Or what about Psalm 58:3 which states the WICKED are estranged from birth:
Apparently David, in this Psalm believes it it the WICKED who are so from birth--not himself as Psalm 71:6 indicates.

The point I am making is that it is only through the process of SELECTIVE Scripture reading that most of the cardinal "doctrines" of any denomination are reached. And the fact that there are many, many different sects within Christianity exposes the sheer amount of selective process that goes on.

If you believe there is only one path to God, then all you will ever know is your path. If you are open to the commonalities among the various religions, you can arrive at the place where others are on a different path, not yours, but not necessarily wrong either. That was the position in which Mother Teresa found herself towards the end of her life.

"One true path" believers are about dividing into them and us, but Jesus was about showing commonalities with His parable about Samaritans (who were the "other" then), about His example when allowing the menstruating woman to touch Him without being stoned or seeing Himself as "unclean," about allowing a tax collector (kind of like viewing one as we do a used car salesman today) to be a disciple, and another who would betray Him.

If "believing" were the be all and end all, then Jesus would have taught "believing" in His first and greatest sermon, The Sermon on the Mount. Yet we do not see the word "believe" anywhere in that message. The entire message is about BEING and DOING.

You are correct that the gospel of John is much more about "believing." By the time John was written in 95CE, the first dogmas of Churchianity had begun.

What you are espousing is not the teachings of Jesus, but that of Churchianity which is the primary religion of most people claiming to be "Christians."

Study something BESIDES the Bible. God has inspired many men through the centuries and still does today. Their ideas are not worthy of dismissal unless your Churchianity has put scales over your eyes so that you cannot see the Spirit of God at work. While Jesus is my chosen path to reach the realities of God, I haven't the hubris to claim it is solely the correct pathway, particularly when so many other religions have a similar foundation in the DOING portion of reaching God.

Being "born again" describes a new way of looking at those around us, and that truth is displayed in all the other major religions. You haven't displayed any "new" way of looking at others. Instead you espouse the same divisions that Jesus fought against during His short ministry.
Preach it, Brother!

Old 04-21-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
-
September of 1946, Teresa, then 36 years old, was sent to her annual retreat and a needed rest, to the Loreto convent in Darjeeling, a town nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas, some 400 miles north of Calcutta (a.k.a. Kolkata).

On the 10th, she experienced a "mystical encounter" with Christ. This encounter would be only the first of several that would occur that year. But lest you make the mistake of assuming that Teresa actually eye-witnessed an apparition, or that she actually heard sounds with her own ears; let me explain something that's crucial to keeping Teresa's experience in the proper perspective.

Her so-called encounters are what's known as locutions (supernatural words) viz: manifestations of God's thoughts; which may come through words heard externally (exterior or auricular locutions) or in the imagination (interior imaginative locutions) or immediately without any words (interior intellectual locutions) viz: intuition. Teresa's locutions were of the interior imaginative variety; viz: she didn't actually hear any voices nor did she see anybody; no, it all took place in her imagination.

I'm not making this up. I own a copy of Teresa's personal letters, published with commentary by Father Brian Kolodiejchuk, M.C. the director of the Mother Teresa Center, and Postulator for her canonization. Father Brian is not one of Ms. Bojaxhiu's enemies. No, they were friends for like twenty years: he's a great admirer of hers and had his superior's approval to publish her letters.

One of her letters, containing excerpts of some of her conversations with "Jesus" that took place in her imagination, is on page 47. What really caught my attention in the letter is a promise Teresa claims the locutions made to her that went like this : "Do not fear-- I shall be with you always."

Was "Jesus" with her always? Not even! The poor woman went on from that year forward to endure virtually five decades feeling abandoned by Christ; and yearning for even the slightest glimmer of The Lord's presence.

Q: If the locutions were only in Teresa's imagination; then why did they go silent? Couldn't she have kept them going?

A: Teresa wondered why the locutions stopped too. However, that's really a question for either a professional psychologist or a neuroscientist. Our minds seem at times to have a mind of their own. As an example, no doubt there's been times when you heard someone call your name; when actually nobody did. I don't know how to explain things like that any more than I know how to explain the immoral, and oftentimes violent thoughts and imaginations that flood our minds totally against our will.

How does the human brain, a 3-pound lump of flabby organic tissue consisting of 60% fat, produce the phenomena of memory, consciousness, and self awareness? How does it make us all behave so similarly at times, and yet endow each of us with a unique and irreproducible existence? I can't answer those questions any more than I can resolve Teresa's interior imaginative locutions nor the mental activity of clairvoyance and horse whispering.

Teresa died in 1997 at the age of 87; distraught with fear that God not only didn't like her, but also that He may never have actually approved of her work in India. Let that be a lesson. NEVER listen for a so-called "still small voice" in your head; because it just might be nothing in the world but your own mind's imagination getting to you. Following the lead of your own imagination is like hitching your buggy to a tumble weed. You'll never get to town like that.

. 1John 4:1 . . Beloved, believe not every wind, but test the spirits whether they are of God

Don't be gullible. Fantasized voices are the most unreliable form of communication with God that I can possibly imagine. People actually commit crimes because they hear a voice from God telling them to do so.

Q: Do you really think Mother Teresa had some mystical experiences?

A: People need to understand that I.I.L.'s are neither visible nor audible. No, they are totally psychological: viz: they are essentially fantasies; which is exactly why I strongly recommend that Christians never listen for a "still small voice" at prayer because the human mind truly has a mind of its own; and can easily mislead its owner.

Then there's also the paranormal aspect to consider. The Bible reveals that there are invisible beings in the air all around us every moment of our lives-- whether we are awake or asleep --that have the ability to get inside people's heads with subconscious suggestions, dreams, and locutions to persuade them to think, act, and feel in ways they would never ordinarily do on their own. This aspect of demonic control is especially terrifying because, unlike possession, it's an activity that is impossible to detect with any of the five human senses of taste, touch, sight, hearing, or smell. Nor can it be detected by scientific instruments like CatScans, X-rays, or oscilloscopes.

Q: Why do you ridicule Teresa's locutions when you your own self believe they happened?

A: I assure you there is nothing amusing about either Teresa or her locutions; no, on the contrary, I think her condition was not only to be deeply pitied, but also quite terrifying. Teresa's locutions led that poor woman into a half century of spiritual dryness and alienation from God-- a period of darkness of the soul unequalled in the history of Catholic mystics.

People are far too prone to evaluate Teresa's spirituality by her feats, when the true proof of the pudding is not in one's feats, but rather, in one's association with Christ; and according to Teresa's own letters; the "absent one" was never with her in India at all.

. Matt 7:22-23 . . Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Master, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them : I never knew you. Depart from me, you that work iniquity.

Let that be a lesson. Somebody's accomplishments done in Christ's name, no matter how remarkable, do not guarantee they will make it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Yet despite all your accusations, and those of cupper as well, MT plodded on by DOING the works of Jesus. You are still just talking. Leave everything you have, take a vow of poverty, live in poverty with the lowliest of people--and help them in any way you can.

Then your posts will be worth reading.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:00 PM

51,417 posts, read 50,668,237 times
Quote:
Yet despite all your accusations, and those of cupper as well, MT plodded on by DOING the works of Jesus. You are still just talking. Leave everything you have, take a vow of poverty, live in poverty with the lowliest of people--and help them in any way you can.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:20 PM

10,202 posts, read 5,746,600 times
Quote:

She may have been doing Jesus work, but then that is what she raised money for, and very little of that went to help the dying. They were warehoused, her nuns got convents.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:53 PM

23,412 posts, read 12,113,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
She may have been doing Jesus work, but then that is what she raised money for, and very little of that went to help the dying. They were warehoused, her nuns got convents.
Every time I think you've set the bar as low as possible, you find a way to slither under it.

Old 04-21-2016, 11:57 PM

10,202 posts, read 5,746,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Every time I think you've set the bar as low as possible, you find a way to slither under it.
The woman was the worst example of what charity was all about. I can think of a lot of organizations that do real work, positively affect real people, and don't cavort with slimy dictators and convicted fraudsters to obtain funds for her convents, not the dying.

Those slimy dictators and convicted fraudsters were pigs, and when you role in the mud with the pigs, you get pig scat all over you. She appeared to revel in rolling in the mud.

Now, keep pushing. I may find more allegory or metaphors I haven't thought of yet to describe the despicable being she was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or