U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 11:11 PM

37,477 posts, read 25,224,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
She may have been doing Jesus work, but then that is what she raised money for, and very little of that went to help the dying. They were warehoused, her nuns got convents.
Actually, she personally refused to raise money, It was her handlers that did that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 11:47 PM

10,202 posts, read 5,728,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Actually, she personally refused to raise money, It was her handlers that did that.
Which of course explains this picture with convicted felon Keating:

Old 04-22-2016, 12:35 AM

8,574 posts, read 5,111,549 times
Quote:
The woman was the worst example of what charity was all about. I can think of a lot of organizations that do real work, positively affect real people, and don't cavort with slimy dictators and convicted fraudsters to obtain funds for her convents, not the dying.

Those slimy dictators and convicted fraudsters were pigs, and when you role in the mud with the pigs, you get pig scat all over you. She appeared to revel in rolling in the mud.

Now, keep pushing. I may find more allegory or metaphors I haven't thought of yet to describe the despicable being she was.
Your unfounded criticisms are what appear as despicable--particularly because you sat on your azz while she lived in poverty with those she went to help.

I'm glad she got money form slimy dictators. They then didn't have it to use to step on their own people. She was doing the world a service by getting it.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Your unfounded criticisms are what appear as despicable--particularly because you sat on your azz while she lived in poverty with those she went to help.

I'm glad she got money form slimy dictators. They then didn't have it to use to step on their own people. She was doing the world a service by getting it.

Wow, are you ever disconnected with the real world.

Where do you think those slimy dictators GOT the money, and how many of their people suffered. It is estimated that the Duvalier's killed 300,000 of their own people. In my books, that is genocide, and Teresa of Calcutta cavorted with those animals?

Like I said, when you roll in the mud with pigs, you end up smelling. She smells to the high heavens (not that I believe in heavens).

Old 04-22-2016, 12:54 AM

8,574 posts, read 5,111,549 times
Quote:
[/b]

Wow, are you ever disconnected with the real world.

Where do you think those slimy dictators GOT the money, and how many of their people suffered. It is estimated that the Duvalier's killed 300,000 of their own people. In my books, that is genocide, and Teresa of Calcutta cavorted with those animals?

Like I said, when you roll in the mud with pigs, you end up smelling. She smells to the high heavens (not that I believe in heavens).
I don't care if it was genocide. He had less money if he gave it to MT for her work. And it takes money to kill 300,000 people. Maybe with additional money he could have killed 400,000. Wow, she would have saved 100,000 people by taking his money. Good for her. Duvalier didn't get any absolution for doing that.

As I said, it is despicable to see people stepping on a dead woman who lived in the same miserable conditions as the people she helped, whether or not "she" could have done something else with the money (I highly doubt it because by the time big bucks were rolling in the Vatican would have had someone controlling the purse strings).

Yet here you are in your nice easy chair, with a computer, lots of snacks, I'm sure a comfortable house instead of a hot insect-infested hut in Calcutta, and you are criticizing what she did.

Despicable.

P.S. Jesus rolled in the mud with those despicable dictators (the Pharisees), too. And it didn't appear to rub off on Him either.

And don't tell me about disconnect. You with all your fine things are bitching about a woman who personally had nothing but the same poverty the people she ministered to did. Your disconnect is that you haven't a clue about how miserable life can be in those corners of the world. Viet Nam taught me differently.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:59 AM

37,477 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:
Which of course explains this picture with convicted felon Keating:
All she knew or cared about was that he was a supporter of her charity. The same was true for any others who donated to her mission. But she never personally asked for any money. She took her vow of poverty seriously and lived and died as poor as the ones she cared for.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:01 AM

5,508 posts, read 2,589,479 times
Quote:

According to the bible, the heavens is the sky above with the visible stars and the sun and the moon. It's real alright. And that's all it is.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:11 AM

Quote:
I don't care if it was genocide. He had less money if he gave it to MT for her work. And it takes money to kill 300,000 people. Maybe with additional money he could have killed 400,000. Wow, she would have saved 100,000 people by taking his money. Good for her. Duvalier didn't get any absolution for doing that.

As I said, it is despicable to see people stepping on a dead woman who lived in the same miserable conditions as the people she helped, whether or not "she" could have done something else with the money (I highly doubt it because by the time big bucks were rolling in the Vatican would have had someone controlling the purse strings).

Yet here you are in your nice easy chair, with a computer, lots of snacks, I'm sure a comfortable house instead of a hot insect-infested hut in Calcutta, and you are criticizing what she did.

Despicable.

P.S. Jesus rolled in the mud with those despicable dictators (the Pharisees), too. And it didn't appear to rub off on Him either.

And don't tell me about disconnect. You with all your fine things are bitching about a woman who personally had nothing but the same poverty the people she ministered to did. Your disconnect is that you haven't a clue about how miserable life can be in those corners of the world. Viet Nam taught me differently.
Despicable is that you would descend to making a comment that you don't care that is was genocide. Are you serious?

So much for any morals your religion teaches you. I am disgusted that anyone would think such a thing, never mind say it. Do you know anyone from Haiti that lived through that period? I do. You are reaching towards the lowest of the low. You might as well proclaim adulation for the Bochums, Dachus and Gulags as well while your at it. It makes me glad I'm an atheist that doesn't let his religion cloud his morals.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:23 AM

5,508 posts, read 2,589,479 times
Quote:
I don't care if it was genocide.

As I said, it is despicable to see people stepping on a dead woman who lived in the same miserable conditions as the people she helped,
I don't believe you don't care. I think you do care.

Did MT really help these people? As far as I can make out, people were donating money for her mission in Calcutta to alleviate the suffering of the destitute. I realize she made no promise to use the money in Calcutta (we have no idea of what went down between her and those dodgy characters she cavorted with) but that is the reason for many people donating.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:25 AM

425 posts, read 180,157 times
-
†. John 14:27 . . Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives.

†. John 16:33 . . I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.

†. Phil 4:6-7 . . Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Teresa failed to obtain the peace spoken on in those passages.

"When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven, there is such convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives and hurt my very soul. How painful is this unknown pain-- I have no faith."

The poor woman was so disturbed in the final weeks of her life that at the urging of Henry D'Souza, the Archbishop of Calcutta (a.k.a. Kolkata), she agreed to an exorcism-- performed by Father Rosario Stroscio --if perchance demons were clouding her mind.

Demons clouding Teresa of Calcutta's mind!? That is certainly not a very appealing testimonial to Catholicism's value as a source of light and consolation of God's sensible presence for rank and file pew warmers; is it.

Father Stroscio, 79, said Mother Teresa appeared dazed and behaving strangely at the time of the exorcism. I also know from another source that Teresa was nervous about God in her last moments. Ironically, though she was never really confident a God exists, she feared that if one did exist, it wouldn't like her, and might be quite disposed to condemn her.

Compare Teresa's end-of-life experience with the up-beat testimony of the apostle Paul.

†. 2Tim 4:6-8 . . I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Paul's mind certainly wasn't clouded, nor was he dazed and behaving strangely, nor was he in doubt about the existence of a God, nor was he nervous that if a God did exist, it might not like him; and possibly quite disposed to condemn him. No, none of that because that is just simply not the way biblical Christianity works.

†. John 14:23 . . If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him,

†. John 15:9-11 . . Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in His love

Teresa failed to obtain the love spoken of in those passages.

"I am told God loves me; and yet the reality of darkness & coldness & emptiness is so great that nothing touches my soul."

"I just long & long for God-- and then it is that I feel-- He does not want me-- He is not there-- God does not want me"

"The damned of Hell suffer eternal punishment because they experiment with the loss of God. In my own soul, I feel the terrible pain of this loss. I feel that God does not want me."

†. John 15:11 . .These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

Teresa failed to obtain the joy spoken of in that passage.

"Only pray that I keep up this joy exteriorly. I deceive people with this weapon-- even my Sisters."

"My smile is a great cloak that hides a multitude of pains."

"Sometimes-- I just hear my own heart cry out-- "My God" and nothing else comes-- the torture and pain I can't explain"

†. John 14:23 . . If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

†. John 14:16-18 . . I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you, and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

†. Rom 8:15-16 . .For you have not received a spirit of slavery again to fear; but you have received a spirit of adoption, whereby we call out; Abba! Father! The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

Teresa failed to obtain the companionship spoken of in those passages.

"This loneliness, this continual longing for God-- which gives me pain deep down in my heart-- Darkness is such that I really do not see neither with my mind nor with my reason-- the place of God in my soul is blank-- There is no God in me"

Bottom Line: Teresa failed to obtain no less than three important elements of the fruit of the Spirit.

†. Gal 5:22 . .The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace

She also failed to obtain the element of faith. When people pray like the below they are saying they're not really all that sure there's a God out there.

"If there be God . . please forgive me."

And:

"I feel that God is not God; and that He does not really exist."

Teresa's lack of confidence in the existence of God was the capper. It totally ruled out any possible chance she may have had to obtain God's favor.

†. Heb 11:6 . .Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that he exists.

The word "must" permits no exceptions.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Last edited by NyawehNyoh; 04-22-2016 at 09:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or