U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2016, 10:02 AM

425 posts, read 180,991 times

Advertisements

-
When Steve Jobs expired in 2011, Apple fans the world over mourned his passing. But the reality is: they didn't mourn Jobs because relatively few people were ever close enough to him to know the kind of man he was. No, the world mourned the loss of an iconic image rather than a man. But even though the truth about Jobs' despicable personality is now widely known, people still admire him regardless because to despise Jobs is to despise the iPhone, the iPad, and the iPod; and who in their right mind could possibly despise those devices and/or their inventor?

It's the same with Mother Teresa. Relatively few people were ever close enough to her to know the kind of woman she was. But even though the truth about Teresa's deplorable spiritual condition is now widely available, people still think she's the cat's meow among Christian missionaries due to her power over their minds as an iconic image.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 10:57 AM

10,202 posts, read 5,752,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyawehNyoh View Post
-
When Steve Jobs expired in 2011, Apple fans the world over mourned his passing. But the reality is: they didn't mourn Jobs because relatively few people were ever close enough to him to know the kind of man he was. No, the world mourned the loss of an iconic image rather than a man. But even though the truth about Jobs' despicable personality is now widely known, people still admire him regardless because to despise Jobs is to despise the iPhone, the iPad, and the iPod; and who in their right mind could possibly despise those devices and/or their inventor?

It's the same with Mother Teresa. Relatively few people were ever close enough to her to know the kind of woman she was. But even though the truth about Teresa's deplorable spiritual condition is now widely available, people still think she's the cat's meow among Christian missionaries due to her power over their minds as an iconic image.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Yes, it is the image, not the reality that people discuss. They deny the reality.

Old 04-23-2016, 03:29 PM

8,627 posts, read 5,134,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Despicable is that you would descend to making a comment that you don't care that is was genocide. Are you serious?

So much for any morals your religion teaches you. I am disgusted that anyone would think such a thing, never mind say it. Do you know anyone from Haiti that lived through that period? I do. You are reaching towards the lowest of the low. You might as well proclaim adulation for the Bochums, Dachus and Gulags as well while your at it. It makes me glad I'm an atheist that doesn't let his religion cloud his morals.
No it is despicable that you align a dead woman who spent her entire life trying to assist the poor and marginalized.

And your a liar by projecting my previous post to mean that I "don't care that it was genocide," when contextually what I said was I DON'T CARE IF SHE TOOK MONEY FROM A DICTATOR AS IT GAVE HIM LESS TO USE ON HIS ATROCITIES. The fact that you would lie about such a thing is indicative of your penchant to demonize MT and your ability to lift out of context like other fundamentalists do. Your not the "reporter" like you pretend to be. You have an axe to grind against anyone naming Christ as Lord--and you look at all the ugly things done by some christians to justify your condemnation of ALL christianity.

Here again are threads started by you on JUST PAGE ONE of the religion and spirituality thread, and the first three on there are yours:
This would drive the creationists bonkers
Another pastor, another convicted felon, ministering to Tampa Bay students on campus, now banned.
Another transitional species found
Wonder why Christians are looked down upon? Just read the Christian responses in these 2 threads.
Human limbs may have gotten their start as shark gill arches
Surprising survey on importance of religion in different countries
Once again, the rape victim is blamed, this time by Mormons at BYU
Faith Healing Parents Sued by Dying Daugther
Scientology and Islam groups now cooperating? Say it ain't so.
60 year old Christian woman caned 30 times under Sharia Law
Author of Mormon CES letter excommunicates the LDS chuch
Atheists targeted by radical fundamentalists on Facebook
Pastor hires rapist preacher, blaming the 13 year old victim. How Christian of him
Abiogenesis: another piece of the puzzle falls into place
Those of faith lack the use of the analytical mind: study

That's 15 of of 40 sub-threads on the first page of Religion and Spirituality. While, I personally do not give a tinker's dam about creation stories, they are started by you solely to provoke. And virtually all your threads fall into that same troll category.

You are a troll, plain and simple. The mods will be hard pressed to deny that that is the appearance for many people with your prolific starting of negative threads.

Old 04-23-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I don't care if it was genocide. He had less money if he gave it to MT for her work. And it takes money to kill 300,000 people. Maybe with additional money he could have killed 400,000. Wow, she would have saved 100,000 people by taking his money. Good for her. Duvalier didn't get any absolution for doing that.
Quote:
No it is despicable that you align a dead woman who spent her entire life trying to assist the poor and marginalized.

And your a liar by projecting my previous post to mean that I "don't care that it was genocide," when contextually what I said was I DON'T CARE IF SHE TOOK MONEY FROM A DICTATOR AS IT GAVE HIM LESS TO USE ON HIS ATROCITIES.
You clearly said you don't care if it was genocide. Clearly. There is NO context that can justify such a statement. Ever. Try and spin it any way you want, they are your words, and you follow it up by soft pedaling the atrocities this dictator did while Teresa of Calcutta cavorted with him.

I pointed out your own words (kept them as a screenshot actually, as an example of how overboard apologists can get) to you. Telling the truth is never a lie. You got called out. Period.

Quote:
The fact that you would lie about such a thing is indicative of your penchant to demonize MT and your ability to lift out of context like other fundamentalists do.
She demonized herself by her own actions, the criminals and dictators she associated herself with and even sent recommendation letters to judges after they were convicted, and took their money. bamboozling most people into thinking it would actually go to help the dying and sick.

Quote:
Your not the "reporter" like you pretend to be. You have an axe to grind against anyone naming Christ as Lord--and you look at all the ugly things done by some christians to justify your condemnation of ALL christianity.
Can I help that it is a target rich environment with multiple daily new instances occurring? There are so many instances that appear on my news feed that I don't post on, and keep it to the most relevant ones. BTW, when I see other religions transgressing against humanity, I report on those just as well. There are a couple on Scientology, Islam and Mormons (although I consider them Christians, many 'Christians' do not) just in the past few days. I am an equal opportunity kind of guy in that respect. If you're a religion, and you do something that is wrong, and I think it deserves discussion, you'll hear from me.

Always.

Quote:
Here again are threads started by you on JUST PAGE ONE of the religion and spirituality thread, and the first three on there are yours:
This would drive the creationists bonkers
Another pastor, another convicted felon, ministering to Tampa Bay students on campus, now banned.
Another transitional species found
Wonder why Christians are looked down upon? Just read the Christian responses in these 2 threads.
Human limbs may have gotten their start as shark gill arches
Surprising survey on importance of religion in different countries
Once again, the rape victim is blamed, this time by Mormons at BYU
Faith Healing Parents Sued by Dying Daugther
Scientology and Islam groups now cooperating? Say it ain't so.
60 year old Christian woman caned 30 times under Sharia Law
Author of Mormon CES letter excommunicates the LDS chuch
Atheists targeted by radical fundamentalists on Facebook
Pastor hires rapist preacher, blaming the 13 year old victim. How Christian of him
Abiogenesis: another piece of the puzzle falls into place
Those of faith lack the use of the analytical mind: study

There is some pretty good discussion from many members in those threads, don't you agree? Or would you rather many of those be swept under the rug, not talked about, hope to go away? You know, like Catholic priests abusing alter boys? Is that more your speed, a church hiding those atrocities? Would that be more 'christian' for you?

Quote:
That's 15 of of 40 sub-threads on the first page of Religion and Spirituality. While, I personally do not give a tinker's dam about creation stories, they are started by you solely to provoke. And virtually all your threads fall into that same troll category.
Some of the creation posts are there to point out how silly it is to take a literal view of the bible. Personally, although it would do nothing for me, those of faith who view the bible metaphorically and allegorically probably are much more affirmed in their own spirituality than those who have to defend the dotting of each "I" and the crossing of each "T". The later seem to feel they are persecuted and ridiculed. Well, ridiculed may be correct, but certainly not persecuted. For that they should live in the Middle East.

Quote:
You are a troll, plain and simple. The mods will be hard pressed to deny that that is the appearance for many people with your prolific starting of negative threads.
Find positive threads to open then. I'll give credit where credit is due, but I can tell you right now I am hard pressed to find any in my news feeds. Why don't you, or Jeff, or Vizio make it your mission to find those positive institutional threads and post on them? The discussion is always worthwhile.

Why not make that your mission, rather than having an issue with the threads I post? Do something positive and don't complain.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
You clearly said you don't care if it was genocide. Clearly. There is NO context that can justify such a statement. Ever. Try and spin it any way you want, they are your words, and you follow it up by soft pedaling the atrocities this dictator did while Teresa of Calcutta cavorted with him.

I pointed out your own words (kept them as a screenshot actually, as an example of how overboard apologists can get) to you. Telling the truth is never a lie. You got called out. Period.
In the context of what I said, it was that such a dictator depends on cash to kill people in order to keep them in line. You are a fundamentalist, of course, and that is an accurate description of how you lift from context for your own devious purposes. Are you able to quote the second and third lines in that post? Possibly? No? You've made my point.
Quote:
He had less money if he gave it to MT for her work. And it takes money to kill 300,000 people
Wardendresden post#245
Quoting me correctly and thoroughly (the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth) doesn't work for a fundamentalist.

You want to start a thread on Duvalier or Pol Pot or any other dictator--go for it. But you'd rather be bashing those who served people like those he killed.

Quote:
She demonized herself by her own actions, the criminals and dictators she associated herself with and even sent recommendation letters to judges after they were convicted, and took their money. bamboozling most people into thinking it would actually go to help the dying and sick.
But I have called you on posting a single line from a single observer ANYWHERE, who states he/she personally witnessed MT using an unsterilized needle or stating money should be directed away from the poor she cared for. You won't. You can't. But you are too proud to admit it.

Quote:
Can I help that it is a target rich environment with multiple daily new instances occurring? There are so many instances that appear on my news feed that I don't post on, and keep it to the most relevant ones. BTW, when I see other religions transgressing against humanity, I report on those just as well. There are a couple on Scientology, Islam and Mormons (although I consider them Christians, many 'Christians' do not) just in the past few days. I am an equal opportunity kind of guy in that respect. If you're a religion, and you do something that is wrong, and I think it deserves discussion, you'll hear from me.

Always.
You are still the most prolific poster of threads meant to startle and shock. That is being a troll.
Quote:
a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, often for their own amusement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
It fits your posts to the T.
Quote:
There is some pretty good discussion from many members in those threads, don't you agree? Or would you rather many of those be swept under the rug, not talked about, hope to go away? You know, like Catholic priests abusing alter boys? Is that more your speed, a church hiding those atrocities? Would that be more 'christian' for you?

Some of the creation posts are there to point out how silly it is to take a literal view of the bible. Personally, although it would do nothing for me, those of faith who view the bible metaphorically and allegorically probably are much more affirmed in their own spirituality than those who have to defend the dotting of each "I" and the crossing of each "T". The later seem to feel they are persecuted and ridiculed. Well, ridiculed may be correct, but certainly not persecuted. For that they should live in the Middle East.

Find positive threads to open then. I'll give credit where credit is due, but I can tell you right now I am hard pressed to find any in my news feeds. Why don't you, or Jeff, or Vizio make it your mission to find those positive institutional threads and post on them? The discussion is always worthwhile.

Why not make that your mission, rather than having an issue with the threads I post? Do something positive and don't complain.
It's you as a fundamentalist that I oppose. I'm opposed to EVERY kind of fundamentalism whether religious or secular. And you are one. A fundamentalist is pretty easy to spot from the title they give their threads---everything is about black and white, good and evil, no in betweens.

My axe to grind is you fundamentalists--and when you post, I will be there to show that there are other viewpoints. I'm not interested in many of the isolated cases you start because it is just that--isolated and unimportant in the grand scheme of things. MT is different because many people look to her as inspiration for their own good works.

But hey, if I can keep you responding to ME, then you have less time to be trolling. I'm sort of doing what MT did with that dictator you wish to portray her as buddy-buddy with. I'm keeping your resources occupied.

If I accomplish that, I'm satisfied.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
In the context of what I said, it was that such a dictator depends on cash to kill people in order to keep them in line. You are a fundamentalist, of course, and that is an accurate description of how you lift from context for your own devious purposes. Are you able to quote the second and third lines in that post? Possibly? No? You've made my point. Wardendresden post#245
Quoting me correctly and thoroughly (the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth) doesn't work for a fundamentalist.
They were your words, in context, and my initial response, I included your entire post. Others can judge for themselves how it was intended, but your rant was way over the top. I think even you recognized that now, trying to back pedal.

And I'm glad you are attempting to use the word fundamentalist as a pejorative, and apply it to me. That means you have no cogent responses left.

Quote:
But I have called you on posting a single line from a single observer ANYWHERE, who states he/she personally witnessed MT using an unsterilized needle or stating money should be directed away from the poor she cared for. You won't. You can't. But you are too proud to admit it.
And Pol Pot, Stalin and other dictators did not personally murder all those victims, but they were certainly responsible for the deaths. Just as Teresa of Calcutta was responsible for the mistreatment of the sick and dying. As someone once said about her, "A "hospital" without clean needles or painkillers or even basic sanitation is not a good deed, it is an inefficient abattoir."

Of course, she had the best of medical care when needed, and did not go to her own facilities.

Quote:
You are still the most prolific poster of threads meant to startle and shock. That is being a troll.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
It fits your posts to the T.
I'm sorry if you only want to see rainbows and unicorns. Reality is different.

Quote:
It's you as a fundamentalist that I oppose. I'm opposed to EVERY kind of fundamentalism whether religious or secular. And you are one. A fundamentalist is pretty easy to spot from the title they give their threads---everything is about black and white, good and evil, no in betweens.

My axe to grind is you fundamentalists--and when you post, I will be there to show that there are other viewpoints. I'm not interested in many of the isolated cases you start because it is just that--isolated and unimportant in the grand scheme of things. MT is different because many people look to her as inspiration for their own good works.

But hey, if I can keep you responding to ME, then you have less time to be trolling. I'm sort of doing what MT did with that dictator you wish to portray her as buddy-buddy with. I'm keeping your resources occupied.

If I accomplish that, I'm satisfied.
Glad to help you out in that case. Now, if you can get away from that Teresa of Calcutta love cult, your eyes may open just a teeeny, weeeny, bit.

You may want to learn a bit more here:

http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/10/for...ic-review.html

And in case you actually want to do some research:

[1] http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/mo...atican-n482281

[2] http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/10/for...ic-review.html

[3] https://www.facebook.com/missionariesofcharity/

[4] http://www.deeshaa.org/shields-teres...-of-illusions/

[5] http://www.srai.org/mother-teresa-wh...-her-millions/

[6] http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/po...7/teresa.shtml

[7] https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-2aef691b345a/

[8] http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...-mother-teresa

[9] http://www.amazon.com/Choosing-Serve.../dp/1872245196

[10] http://sallywarner.blogspot.in/

[11] http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...tions-in-india

[12] http://articles.latimes.com/1992-04-..._mother-teresa

[13] https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...till-no-saint/

[14] http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/16/us...pagewanted=all

[15] http://www.sfweekly.com/sanfrancisco...nt?oid=2183718

[16] https://www.timeshighereducation.com...176802.article

Old 04-24-2016, 12:20 AM

Quote:
They were your words, in context,
THIS IS AN OUTRIGHT LIE. You know it. I know it. Anyone who reads the words in context know it--and so do the mods.
Quote:
and my initial response, I included your entire post. Others can judge for themselves how it was intended, but your rant was way over the top. I think even you recognized that now, trying to back pedal.
Does it appear to be backing away when I've called you a liar on this several times. And every time I see it posted I will call you one again. Because, in context, which you refuse to use, it is an outright lie.
Quote:
And I'm glad you are attempting to use the word fundamentalist as a pejorative, and apply it to me. That means you have no cogent responses left.
No, it means you are you are an atheist jeffbase40 fundamentalist who refuses facts in context. Your the one making the charges--and not one thing you've posted, even IN THIS VERY POST OF YOURS THAT I AM QUOTING have you proved MT personally did any detestable acts.
Quote:
And Pol Pot, Stalin and other dictators did not personally murder all those victims, but they were certainly responsible for the deaths. Just as Teresa of Calcutta was responsible for the mistreatment of the sick and dying. As someone once said about her, "A "hospital" without clean needles or painkillers or even basic sanitation is not a good deed, it is an inefficient abattoir."
Not so. She took them off the streets of Calcutta and everything I've read about those streets makes them worse than death warmed over. Again, do you have a witness that personally saw MT mistreating anyone? And you are now trying to compare her to people who DELIBERATELY and with INTENTION murdered people. That's not only over the top, but stupid, stupid, stupid. But I've come to see that is what you offer when it comes to anyone confessing any kind of spirituality.
Quote:
Of course, she had the best of medical care when needed, and did not go to her own facilities.
She did. But what about the first time she went to a hospital? Did you research any of that? No, of course not, it would make her look too much, like, well, a SAINT!!!
Quote:
While recovering from her first heart attack in 1989, doctors told Mother Teresa to give up her hectic work schedule. She never did.
USA TODAY Latest news And she didn't die in a hospital, she died at her religious order's headquarters.

Quote:
I'm sorry if you only want to see rainbows and unicorns. Reality is different.

Glad to help you out in that case. Now, if you can get away from that Teresa of Calcutta love cult, your eyes may open just a teeeny, weeeny, bit.
Your buddy, Hitchens was more honest about Mother Teresa than you are.
Quote:
"Some of her is genuine, some of her is crummy," Hitchens said in an interview with The Washington Post.
USA TODAY Latest news
He's miles ahead of you in seeing her as a human being who tried to do good--although it appears the organization under her failed.

Even your Montreal University authors with their expose' of Mother Teresa have good things to say about her--which you certainly don't quote:
Quote:
Despite Mother Teresa's dubious way of caring for the sick by glorifying their suffering instead of relieving it, Serge Larivée and his colleagues point out the positive effect of the Mother Teresa myth: "If the extraordinary image of Mother Teresa conveyed in the collective imagination has encouraged humanitarian initiatives that are genuinely engaged with those crushed by poverty, we can only rejoice. It is likely that she has inspired many humanitarian workers whose actions have truly relieved the suffering of the destitute and addressed the causes of poverty and isolation without being extolled by the media. Nevertheless, the media coverage of Mother Theresa could have been a little more rigorous."
Mother Teresa: Anything but a saint... | EurekAlert! Science News

Again, from someone who visited Mother Teresa DIRECTLY, not one of her multitude of homes or centers about the conditions she, MT, lived in herself:
Quote:
The heat was suffocating in her shack: 115 degrees with humidity surpassing 95 percent. Mother Teresa's clothing was clinging to her sweating body; she felt as though she was being invaded by filth. Everything was dirty: the shacks, the paths between the shacks that also served as sewer drains, the people and the rags they wore. On the floor of her shack she saw insects, rats and cockroaches. The children's heads were full of lice.
--------
As Mother Teresa told me:

"The change was extremely difficult. In the convent I had lived without knowing what difficulties were. I had lacked nothing. Now everything was different. I slept where I happened to be, on the ground, often in hovels infested by rats. I ate what the people I was serving ate, and only when there was a little food.

"But I had chosen that lifestyle in order to literally live out the Gospel, especially where it says, 'I was hungry and you gave Me to eat, I was naked and you clothed Me, I was in prison and you came to find Me.' Among the poorest of the poor of Calcutta, I loved Jesus. When I love like that, I don't feel suffering or fatigue.
https://www.ewtn.com/New_library/MT_early.htm

Quote:
You may want to learn a bit more here:

Forbes Welcome

And in case you actually want to do some research:

[1] Mother Teresa to Be Sainted After 2nd Miracle Declared: Vatican - NBC News

[2] Forbes Welcome

[4] http://www.deeshaa.org/shields-teres...-of-illusions/

[5] Mother Teresa: Where Are Her Millions? | Science and Rationalists' Association of India

[6] BBC Politics 97

[7] https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-2aef691b345a/

[8] The squalid truth behind the legacy of Mother Teresa

[9] Choosing to Serve the Destitute: A Personal Account of Mother Theresa and Her Work: Paul Chetcuti: 9781872245195: Amazon.com: Books

[10] Missionaries of Charity - Neglect and Abuse

[11] Mother Teresa's Missionaries Of Charity Says No More Adoptions In India : The Two-Way : NPR

[12] Letter Writers Hope to Sway Keating Judge : S&L scandal: More than 120 people, including Mother Teresa, have written to the court pleading for a sentence of probation, not prison. - latimes

[13] https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...till-no-saint/

[14] Spy's Wife Speaks, After Taking a Lie Test - NYTimes.com

[15] Tainted Saint: Mother Teresa Defended Pedophile Priest | Feature | San Francisco | San Francisco News and Events | SF Weekly

[16] https://www.timeshighereducation.com...176802.article
[/quote]
There are quite a few here. I'm going to read and respond to each one separately. Each time, we will decide whether any information is provided regarding a direct relationship between MT and all the evils you claim she perpetrated. If not, each time, I will call you at best a "dissembler" since I'm not fond of calling anyone a liar even if they repeatedly do so.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:38 AM

Default Response to #1 of cupper3's "source" of evil intention by MT

This article begins with this "confession":
Quote:
They call her the ‘Angel of Mercy’. She was compassion incarnate; she didn’t think twice before touching a leper on the road or cleaning a festering wound on an unfortunate soul. She was equally at ease breaking bread with the homeless at Nirmal Hriday or standing toe-to-toe with world leaders exhorting them to do good.
And this as well, to disillusion anyone that conditions should have equaled that of a hospital:
Quote:
“We should remember that Mother Teresa was clear that Missionaries of Charity was not operating a hospital. The homes are to serve the poor and give them the basic needs,” says Sunita Kumar, wife of former India Davis Cup coach Naresh Kumar and one who has been working with Missionaries’ sisters for over four decades.
Further, this FIRST article that you quoted, apparently as your flagship on how terrible Mother Teresa was personally, was written after her death, and "volunteers" who were interviewed never ever met the woman as she was long gone from this earth. And how do even the present day nuns who work in the original home live?
Quote:
The sisters continue to live a life that Mother Teresa followed. Their days begin at 4.30 a.m. and end at 10 p.m. They have three changes of cloth and wear one till it can’t be repaired anymore. Correspondence is still through fax and mobiles are absent. Sisters don’t get any pocket money, visit their homes once a decade and write letters once a month.
Finally comes the "money" picture. Where Mother Teresa HERSELF (if you are to believe cupper3's charges) refused money for the hungry and proper medical care for those who were in urgent need--when HER coffers were full to overflowing.

The following is also from cupper3's flagship source above:
Quote:
Former volunteers and people close to the Mother House revealed that the Vatican, home to the Pope, has control over the “monetary matters” ever since Missionaries of Charity came under its fold in 1965.
I don't care how much media attention MT got, she didn't get enough to tell the Vatican what to do with the money she collected.

So much for source #ONE in cupper3's list of sources on how bad MT PERSONALLY was. His first, and presumably best source--is pure bunk in proving MT herself was a bad, evil, conspiring individual.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:53 AM

Default Response to #2 of cupper3's "source" of evil intention by MT

My previous response to #1 was actually #2 in the list itself. Cupper3 had placed the Forbes article above the list itself apparently making it a flagship source--unfortunately he lifted the worst out and gave none of the rest of that article. I pulled it out.

Now let's do the same for the article above that is in his list as #1.

After reading it in its entirety, I'm not sure there is anything more than primarily praise for her. One brief sentence in the last part of the article mentions some have "criticized" her conservative approach to contraception and medical care.

Most of the article is about how she came to be sainted for a "second miracle" occurring eleven years after her death. Excuse me, MT didn't claim that---THE VATICAN DID.

Source 1 (or 2 as I have responded to them) is pure malarky with regard to proving Mother Teresa was personally involved in anything criminal or nefarious. Please read it yourself.

Old 04-24-2016, 01:03 AM

This is a fund raising article to halt donations to the Sisters of Charity organization. They make unfounded or poorly supported charges---PRIMARILY AGAINST THE ORGANIZATION ITSELF.

What do the criticize MT for?:

Quote:
Mother Teresa was against education, the empowerment of women, equality, self-sustainability and birth control. Mother Teresa's charity collects MILLIONS OF DOLLARS in donation each year while refusing to account exactly how all the funds are being used.

It is a facebook charge against the woman. But cupper3 apparently uses facebook (I don't ever) so if someone pasted something negative about the woman---it must be correct surely?

Her charity STILL doesn't provide a lot of information about the money collected because GUESS WHAT!!! It's all controlled by the Vatican. The criticism about "empowerment of women, equality, self-sustainability and birth control" are obviously coming from an Pro Choice point of view--and yes, they would see MT, as a faithful Catholic--as an enemy to their point of view.

To be perfectly clear about my own stand, I, too, oppose abortion --- IN MY FAMILY. My beliefs, nor anyone else's beliefs should have anything to do with what decisions are made in another family.

This article is another false charge using a false source that has nothing to back up its charges and has a vested interest in opposing MT, not for what she did, but for what she stood for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or