U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 05:38 PM

37,621 posts, read 25,325,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Interesting. I am an immigrant child of refugees. An atheist, with a compassionate, libertarian point of view.
We can tell from your compassionate rhetoric and positions. Are you familiar with the terms? "You didn't help those poor, miserable, completely neglected and dying people correctly" is NOT part of compassion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 05:55 PM

23,498 posts, read 12,155,894 times
Quote:
I've asked repeatedly, with no response, to show how my fact of the use of unsterilized needles is incorrect. NO ONE has denied that they were used.

That is a fact, not conjecture. Right?
More proof, that like jeff, like Eusie, like Viz -- you simply do not get it.

I'm NOT disputing your "facts."

I'm saying when measured against the good she accomplished, especially when so heavily burdened by depression and doubt, your "facts" don't mean diddly.

Except to a self-blind fundie.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:52 PM

10,202 posts, read 5,760,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
More proof, that like jeff, like Eusie, like Viz -- you simply do not get it.

I'm NOT disputing your "facts."

Thank you. That took a bit to get to.

Quote:
I'm saying when measured against the good she accomplished, especially when so heavily burdened by depression and doubt, your "facts" don't mean diddly.

Except to a self-blind fundie.
I have a lot more compassion for those that suffered, or those that were caused to die because of the lack of proper care, which was available to them if they had been referred, than I have for a jet-setting fund gatherer that then used those funds for what purpose?

What purpose?

She filtered them to her religious order, NOT to the afflicted.

That IS a fact, and not disputed. How can you endorse that?

Old 03-21-2016, 06:56 PM

8,647 posts, read 5,143,349 times
Quote:
[/b]

I have a lot more compassion for those that suffered, or those that were caused to die because of the lack of proper care, which was available to them if they had been referred, than I have for a jet-setting fund gatherer that then used those funds for what purpose?

What purpose?

cupper, the woman is dead. She did some good things and some not so good---just as you and I do. I've already agreed she isn't a saint, but then, in my book, there are NO saints, period.

What you are doing with this thread on MT and the previous one over on Religion and Spirituality is nothing more than trolling, pure and simple and quite visible for regular posters, monitors, and visitors.

Find some live christians worth bashing. I may even help you, and I am a believer, but this thread is as much deserving of closure as the other one.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:57 PM

23,498 posts, read 12,155,894 times
Quote:
[/b]

What purpose?

You.

Do.

Not.

Get.

It.

You share the same sandbox as Eusie, jeff and Viz - you just play in a different corner.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:59 PM

8,647 posts, read 5,143,349 times
Quote:
You.

Do.

Not.

Get.

It.

You share the same sandbox as Eusie, jeff and Viz - you just play in a different corner.
LOL!! Too soon to give you another rep, but

Made me laugh, today, and I really needed it.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:31 PM

20,187 posts, read 12,871,320 times
Quote:
[/b]

What purpose?

So where is your proof she was a jet-setter who lived high on the hog? Of course, she gave the funds to her religious orders who were doing the work, who else should have gotten the money?

The people she helped were dying and no amount of intervention could have saved them. Do you know what a hospice is? If they weren't dying they would not have been there. So you would rather have them die in the street?

Old 03-21-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So where is your proof she was a jet-setter who lived high on the hog?
Flying first class:

I ran into Mother Teresa once: we were flying on the same plane, and as I disembarked from the coach section, she appeared right in front of me as she exited from the first-class section. Not even wondering why a woman who professed humility was flying first class, I was elated and gobsmacked, feeling quite fortunate to have run into her. But I had bought into the myth, and that was well before the pushback began.
Bottom of the page, just above her picture.

Newsweek article, behind a paywall, but we can read it in the first paragraph.
MOTHER TERESA WAS A saint built on the old model, pious, chaste, ascetic, prayerful, poor. (Princess Diana, the only other contender for media sainthood, was none of those things.) I first met Mother Teresa 25 years ago, when we were both being flown first class to collect awards from the Kennedy Foundation for services to humanity. I knew I didn't deserve any such thing and felt very awkward. Mother Teresa was right at home. She took not so much as a sip of champagne or a bite of caviar 'but...
On numerous occasions she used Keating's private jet, he who was convicted of fraud.

Do you want more?

Quote:
Of course, she gave the funds to her religious orders who were doing the work, who else should have gotten the money?

The people she helped were dying and no amount of intervention could have saved them. Do you know what a hospice is? If they weren't dying they would not have been there. So you would rather have them die in the street?
You are denying and can't handle the truth. From Forbes:
In early 2000, Susan Shields, a former Missionaries sister who left the organization “unhappy”, created a furor by saying she herself had “written receipts of $50,000″ in donation but there was no sign of the “flood of money.” Forbes India talked to a volunteer in the Los Angeles office of Missionaries of Charity who admitted that “even when bread was over at the soup kitchens, none was bought unless donated.” A report in German magazine Stern, revealed that in 1991 only seven percent of the donation received at Missionaries of Charity was used for charity. Former volunteers and people close to the Mother House revealed that the Vatican, home to the Pope, has control over the “monetary matters” ever since Missionaries of Charity came under its fold in 1965. The control got stronger after Mother Teresa died in 1997.
You too are adulating the image, not the reality.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
You.

Do.

Not.

Get.

It.

I won't take it personally.

Seems a few Hindus have an opinion of Teresa of Kolkata. Now, one would think Hindus in that area just might know a thing or two.

Their article is, shall we say, concerning.

Mother Teresa Was No Saint To Hindus | Justice for Hindus

Old 03-21-2016, 09:28 PM

20,187 posts, read 12,871,320 times
No, I don't think the people over there liked her. She put the spotlight on their ignoring the poor to let them die in gutters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or