Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 06:43 PM

598 posts, read 357,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyawehNyoh View Post
At the very most, Christ felt abandoned by God for a mere six hours while he was on the cross. In contrast, Teresa's abandonment lasted virtually five decades. You're attempting to equate 438,000 hours with six.

Those six hours were the only time that Christ ever felt abandoned. All the rest of the hours of his life, he and God were in close association.

†. John 8:29 . . The one who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, because I always do what is pleasing to Him.

What can we infer from the Lord's statement? Well, I'm pretty sure we can safely infer that seeing as how Teresa was abandoned for virtually five decades, then obviously God was not pleased with her work in India.

Now as to Christ's abandonment on the cross; surely you can guess why without me having to say. Well; just in case this is something that somehow escaped your notice: Christ was abandoned because while on the cross he wasn't just Christ; no, he was the sins of every person who ever lived, of every person alive now, and of every person yet to be born.

†. Isa 53:5-6 . . But he was pierced for our offenses, crushed for our sins, Upon him was the chastisement that makes us whole, by his stripes we were healed. We had all gone astray like sheep, each following his own way; But the Lofrd laid upon him the guilt of us all.

†. 2Cor 5:21 . . For our sake he made him to be sin who did not know sin,

What can we infer from that information? Well, I think we can safely infer that Teresa was laden with unforgiven sins the whole five decades she was in India. Because had she not been laden, then she and God would have been in close association.

†. 1John 1:7 . . But if we walk in the light as he is in the light, then we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of his Son Jesus cleanses us from all sin.

She also complained that Jesus was absent. Well; no mystery there. Christ's absence was due to Teresa's failure to comply with his teachings.

†. John 14:23 . . Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.

†. John 14:18 . . I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Did you ever read the scripture about who are you to judge another man's servant?.............. because to Him alone the servant either stands or falls

Of course you have, however, you have selected to not use it for the simple reason it takes your self imposed right to judge others away from you, let alone give you the right to judge Mother Teresa who's works in this life are far beyond yours

Then, if this was not already enough, you have compared six hours of death causing pain afflicted on Jesus while on the cross with nails in His hands and feet, a spear through His side and a crown of thorns His head, to just six hours of someone else having a bad day............ some judge you are ............ NOT!!!

At this point I have heard enough of your opinion and am done with this thread

Normally there might be a few others here known locally as the hypocritical "love is all it takes crowd" coming against you and your character assassination of someone who despite the hardships earned has helped so many others, but because real love with real proof such as Mother Teresa has shown in her time on earth does not matter to them, I will be pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong should they decide to weigh in, and support Mother Teresa's love for others that knew no bounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 07:18 PM

63,778 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Normally there might be a few others here known locally as the hypocritical "love is all it takes crowd" coming against you and your character assassination of someone who despite the hardships earned has helped so many others, but because real love with real proof such as Mother Teresa has shown in her time on earth does not matter to them, I will be pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong should they decide to weigh in, and support Mother Teresa's love for others that knew no bounds.
I don't know why you chose to denigrate we who follow Christ's Gospel of agape love, but against the denigration of Mother Theresa I agree with you. He completely misses the point. He thinks it matters what Mother Theresa believed about God and Jesus. It doesn't. She acted as Jesus would and that made her a believer.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I don't know why you chose to denigrate we who follow Christ's Gospel of agape love, ...
... that always mystifies me, too.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:29 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I don't know why you chose to denigrate we who follow Christ's Gospel of agape love, but against the denigration of Mother Theresa I agree with you. He completely misses the point. He thinks it matters what Mother Theresa believed about God and Jesus. It doesn't. She acted as Jesus would and that made her a believer.
If that is the case, your Jesus is as bad as she was. She was a mean spirited, deluded old hag, who abused and used the dying to push her cause to build her order.

A more horrible person I can't imagine.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post

A more horrible person I can't imagine.
I'm not surprised. You seem intent on making her into the Charles Manson of religion.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm not surprised. You seem intent on making her into the Charles Manson of religion.
I don't have to, she did that all by herself.

Tell me, exactly which part of her 'care' of the dying was moral? The reuse of needles that were not sterilized? There was lots of money available. What about not providing any pain medicine? There was lots of money available. Why was expired medicine given when there was lots of money available?

She once said, “There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ's Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,†in response to criticism pushed on by Hitchens. So that was why she was OK with the humanity under her care not being treated? Mengle comes to mind as one who also enjoyed watching the suffering suffer.

Real doctors who visited her facilities observed a significant lack of hygiene, even unfit conditions, as well as a shortage of actual care, inadequate food, and no painkillers. Yet there was lots of money available.

Tuberculous infected were not segregated according the WHO. Yet there was lots of money available.

The aura of Mother Teresa is saintly.

The reality is that the old hag should be damned and dumped on like any other fraud, especially if that fraud causes human suffering that could have been mitigated. She lied.. money was there for missions, but not for real, dying, suffering people.

You bet I will do what it takes to denigrate her. It is unfortunate that the PR machine pushing her will win.

What part of her legacy do you support? The image, or the reality?

Old 03-19-2016, 08:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post

What part of her legacy do you support? The image, or the reality?
Really? You think your hatred of Mother Teresa lets YOU see the reality?

I gave my opinion of Mother Teresa the last time you went on a rant about a woman who has been dead for nearly 20 years. You just want a platform to complain about her. Knock yourself out. I'm not going to feed into your hatred.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Really? You think your hatred of Mother Teresa lets YOU see the reality?

I gave my opinion of Mother Teresa the last time you went on a rant about a woman who has been dead for nearly 20 years. You just want a platform to complain about her. Knock yourself out. I'm not going to feed into your hatred.
It IS kind of twisted, the vitriol he spends on her.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:53 PM

425 posts, read 276,238 times
-
Teresa's deplorable spiritual condition is an excellent object lesson for aspiring missionaries.

For one thing, they have to make sure they're called to it; and very best way to be called is via recruitment by a church.

Rome didn't recruit Teresa to go to India. It was wholly her own idea; fortified by a number of "interior imaginative locutions" she claims to have received from Christ himself beginning in Sept of 1946 and ending some time in 1947.

I.I.L.'s are neither apparitions nor visions: they're imaginations. They are neither visual nor are they audio. Teresa never actually heard anything with her own ears nor saw an appearance with her own eyes. The I.I.L's were all in her head; just daydreams.

So, if perchance God didn't call Teresa to India; then how was she so successful?

Very early in her youth, Teresa longed to go to a place of poverty like India; it was her dream job; and once there; it became her pet project.

If you've done any background on her, then I don't have to tell you that Teresa was a little bull dog. Once she set her mind to a task, Teresa was a D-9 Caterpillar tractor and not easily distracted once she put things in gear. Given the opportunity; Teresa would have gone to India without those I.L.L.'s and been just as productive because she was stalwart by nature.

Teresa's personality is neither rare nor unusual. All the really great achievers are just like her; and known for persisting in the face of adversity, ill health, and overwhelming personal problems. Nobody ever got rich by a half-hearted effort, nobody ever got to the moon by a half-hearted effort, and nobody ever climbed Mt. Everest by a half-hearted effort. The old saying; No Pain-No Gain, is still true whether you're struggling with your weight, your career, your finances, winning a 100 meter backstroke, investing, or organizing a neighborhood watch.

An outstanding example of the "Mother Teresa" attitude is found in US Navy SEALS. They are a breed of men who absolutely refuse to be beaten . . at anything. I once heard an ex-SEAL say, that if a group of SEALs were playing hop-scotch, it would soon turn violent because they don't like to lose.

Not too long after her five-decades of darkness and spiritual dryness began, Teresa began to suspect that something was very wrong. Her missionary work was proceeding okay, but her spiritual condition was rapidly deteriorating and she totally lacked conscious association with God. The lack was so extensive, so acute, and so persistent; that in time she actually began to wonder if there really is a God.

The thing is: somewhere along the line, Teresa and God parted company on a major issue; and I am a bit disappointed that her spiritual advisors didn't take the initiative to step up and make a conscientious effort to help Teresa find out where, and why, that line of departure occurred. I mean, what good are shepherds anyway if they fail to lead their sheep to water and pasture?

Well; in my estimation the Church owes Teresa sainthood if for nothing else than to atone for it's utter failure to resolve that poor woman's spiritual issues.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Old 03-19-2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It IS kind of twisted, the vitriol he spends on her.
Twisted?

She fraudulently raised millions of dollars, yet the dying were left in squalor. Why would we want to adulate a person like that?

The image perhaps, false as it is. But why adulate the reality?

And it IS the image people are fantasizing about. No one, not one person, is denying that unsterilized needles were used, not one person is denying that no pain medications were used, and not one person, not even ONE person, is denying the unsanitary conditions.

If your accepting those facts, why are you celebrating the image?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity