Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 03:27 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
cupper, you've become a sad joke, a cartoon character, every bit as one-dimensional as Eusie or jeff.
I'm sorry that pointing out facts offend you. No one has disputed those facts, just excused them. As I've stated before, show me that I am wrong. Show me that her warehouses used sterilized needles; start with that.

Well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
As I thought. You haven't been there. That's all I wanted to know. I'm not interested in lectures from one more guy who wants to demean a woman by calling her names. It's a form of bullying and sexism.
I have been in places in Africa as destitute. And Central America. Amazingly, many of those places are run by religious orders/ missions. They do not have the funds Teresa of Calcutta was able to amass, yet those places had sterilized needles and knew how to use them.

Amazing isn't it?

Your adulating the image, not the reality. Get out in the world, and you might understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
First you complain about not giving the dying people pain meds then you think it's horrible the pain meds are given without sterilizing the needles.
There is no evidence I am aware of that pain medication was being given. If that is not the case, please advise. And yes, it is horrible that the needles were not sterilized, as disease were spread. It has been documented that many cases had the dying been properly treated, with care that was available in the area, that they would have live.

Quote:
The place is a hospice for people to die in a bed and not in the gutter. Even in our country people go to hospice to die and they are only given palliative/keep comfortable until they die care. Nothing else.
Teresa of Calcutta felt it was a blessing that the dying suffered like her Jesus. She was not particularly interested in alleviating that suffering. Her own spoken words confirm that.

Quote:
The nuns were busy picking maggots off the people who came there to die and keeping them clean. Like one man told the nuns----"I have lived like a devil and now I will die like a saint."
In fact, maggots actually help in cleansing wounds, and are so used in modern medicine. Which is something her warehouses for the dying avoided.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maggot_therapy

Quote:
But think what you will. You have already made up your mind, you don't want to be bothered with the facts.
I would suggest you are excusing the facts, and like many, adulating the image. Sad.

Old 03-21-2016, 03:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Get out in the world, and you might understand.
I've been in the world's hell holes. I've seen poverty and suffering and death up close and personal. I'd guess I was witnessing horrible things in horrible places before you were even on this planet.

I never saw Mother Teresa ministering to the sick but I know someone who worked along side her. (After a couple of weeks she told him to go home and take care of the poor in the U.S. ) You don't know as much as you think you do. Find someone willing to listen to the stuff you spout. That's not me.

Old 03-21-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
I've been in the world's hell holes. I've seen poverty and suffering and death up close and personal. I'd guess I was witnessing horrible things in horrible places before you were even on this planet.

I never saw Mother Teresa ministering to the sick but I know someone who worked along side her. (After a couple of weeks she told him to go home and take care of the poor in the U.S. ) You don't know as much as you think you do. Find someone willing to listen to the stuff you spout. That's not me.
You must be well into your 80's with all that exposure to bad things.

Once again, I see you are not disputing my facts, just attempting to denigrate me as the messenger.

Noted. But I wonder why.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:

Once again, I see you are not disputing my facts, just attempting to denigrate me as the messenger.

Noted. But I wonder why.
Like all fundies, you focus on the "facts" you perceive matter.

Non-fundies, people possessed of empathy and compassion for instance, perceive other fact(ors) you are blind to.

And like other fundies, you simply don't "get" the fact you're self-blind.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:05 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Nope. I'm the Boomer child of parents raised in grinding poverty who made sure their children saw that not everyone was lucky enough to have food and running water and a decent place to live. They believed we should help those who don't. I started early. By the time I was five I'd seen slums in Mexico and sharecropper's shacks in Jim Crow Mississippi. Which turned me into a bleeding heart liberal with a low tolerance for people who believe the Mother Teresa's of the world are bad people who should have done it some other way.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-21-2016 at 04:23 PM..

Old 03-21-2016, 04:24 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
"Was informed that the Salesian priest, Fr.Tom who was kidnapped by ISIS from the Missionaries of Charity Home in Yemen is being tortured and is going to be crucified on Good Friday. This calls for serious concerted prayers from all of us.

Can we all pray? I Believe for the conversion of people who are persecuting Christians & 3 Hail Marys for Fr. Tom"

================================================== ==============
This message was on my Facebook page from the Franciscan Sisters of Siessen. After 3 of the nuns were killed they kidnapped this priest. Not many people can be as brave as these missionaries. I won't criticize them for not being able to help people the way I think they should.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Like all fundies, you focus on the "facts" you perceive matter.

Non-fundies, people possessed of empathy and compassion for instance, perceive other fact(ors) you are blind to.

And like other fundies, you simply don't "get" the fact you're self-blind.
I've asked repeatedly, with no response, to show how my fact of the use of unsterilized needles is incorrect. NO ONE has denied that they were used.

That is a fact, not conjecture. Right?

Old 03-21-2016, 04:32 PM

63,804 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Nope. I'm the Boomer child of parents raised in grinding poverty who made sure their children saw that not everyone was lucky enough to have food and running water and a decent place to live. They believed we should help those who don't. I started early. By the time I was five I'd seen slums in Mexico and sharecropper's shacks in Jim Crow Mississippi. Which turned me into a bleeding heart liberal with a low tolerance for people who believe the Mother Teresa's of the world are bad people who should have done it some other way.
You have a beautiful heart, Dew. God bless!

Old 03-21-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Interesting. I am an immigrant child of refugees. An atheist, with a compassionate, libertarian point of view.

Frauds like Teresa of Calcutta ARE frauds. There are real people doing real good that do not hoodwink donors. She was not one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity