Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 08:17 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,846,841 times

Advertisements

Standard answer: "Apply more pressure." How"s that working for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 08:24 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,091,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Study the Scriptures, pray & meditate on God, daily.
Wouldn't developing a relationship--aka UNDERSTANDING-- with Christ be way more beneficial than reading some crusty fictional book?

Old 03-22-2016, 10:26 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,661,585 times
" How do you open you heart to God?"
I believe you are doing that right now ! Just by asking how, God hears your heart asking and He will reveal and communicate to you through His Holy Scripture.
Take what you read and listen to it, apply it too your life and watch what happens .

1 John 5:14-15 (NASB)
14 This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
15 And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.

Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking

Matthew 7:7-11 (NASB)
7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
9 Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone?
10 Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he?
11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!"

Matthew 21:22 (NASB)
And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”

John 15:7(NASB)
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

James 1:5-7 (NASB)
5 But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
6 But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind.
7 For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord,
8 being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Blessing's to you !

Old 03-22-2016, 03:06 PM

598 posts, read 354,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's not a competition. We probably don't believe in the same physician, the one I turn to for all things as never shown any resemblance of a tyrant.
That was not written to you but since you picked it up, why are you through passive agressive wording calling my God a tyrant

Please express your self very clearly

Fair enough?

Old 03-22-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
There's a way to approach God, even when you're on your own, and it's not associated with asking for things - that comes later. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise. If you struggle whipping up thanks and praise, start with Meditating on Him, but thanks and praise are a key. And then you gotta ask. He is our Abba, literally Daddy.
I like your post

The embolden words cannot be overstated........... it should not take a theological genius to understand why on the Day of Atonement the priest used two handfuls of incense on the golden censer before entering the holiest instead of the usual one handful

Old 03-22-2016, 03:47 PM

Default Higher Praises

Music wise this concert is as high of praises I have ever heard coming from any group

"Jesus Culture"has certainly matured into a well rounded highest praise & worship band

Time to break out the headphones, these folks can bring tears of happiness to those who love God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzAeEKIiLVU

Old 03-22-2016, 10:12 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,233,056 times
This is what I know now about God...if this helps you get closer...
'He, Who has no gender', ha, needs your love way more than you need ''His".

Sounds odd, doesn't it..with all our concepts of this eternal loving Light blazing
in some place called Heaven...but, actually God is like a baby...with a heart
that is so purely in need, so vulnerable, so exposed, just eternally wanting...
waiting....yearning and longing for that one second when a human heart
acknowledges Him, sees Him and gets a glimpse of Who He really Is.

You cannot love something if you do not know it. God so desperately wants
to be k-n-o-w-n....otherwise you are loving an idea of this Spirit, the Creator.

So praying is wonderful...it aligns our heart and soul and mind to God's Frequency.
But, to sit in stillness...and if your mind should make a peep...then say to God within yourself...I want You...
I know You are there...I have prepared a place for you ...
in my stillness You can come and be at home...I will wait for You.
I trust you...come when You are ready...I will wait.

Make a time regularly to sit and open your self with your quiet, sweet desire ...and
unlike what others say...He will speak...
He will come...up-close and personal.Wait a year, wait 2...because there is no time in God's World...He will come...and speak complete sentences to you within yourself.
But, He only comes when there is stillness that has been made for Him.
This does not come from a book or speculation...it is from direct experience.
Review Psalm 139

Old 03-23-2016, 02:11 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,020,667 times
You've definitely captured something there Miss H. I believe God does yearn for us, but most people only perceive that He is distant and uninterested. The essential understanding required is that of paradox and contradiction - yes, He 'comes to us', but we also 'enter His' presence. Much like the paradox of faith and science, underpinned by the principle of it being the glory of God to hide a matter and the glory of kings to search it out. And in that, there is a waiting on the Lord, and a pressing through - sometimes a travailing that has to be done, because the reward is soooo great, it doesn't come easily. I was stunned once when a preacher friend said, "God doesn't respond to need - He responds to faith." How true. We must believe that He is, and if we choose (inspired by His wooing), build on that, intentionally. Praise God & Amen!

Old 03-23-2016, 04:07 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Praise and thanksgiving is wonderful and yes is the way to entering through the gates of the court of God. Does anyone posting on this thread know what those same gates are and more to the point where they are?.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:16 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,233,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Praise and thanksgiving is wonderful and yes is the way to entering through the gates of the court of God.
Does anyone posting on this thread know what those same gates are and more to the point where they are?.
Not me...could you give verses, also?
You can wait awhile see if someone jumps in...

Edit: Oh, did a little research...but...I'll let you comment later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity