U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 01:29 PM

12,797 posts, read 10,794,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
I was stunned once when a preacher friend said,
"God doesn't respond to need - He responds to faith." How true.
We must believe that He is, and if we choose (inspired by His wooing), build on that, intentionally. Praise God & Amen!
I never hear people say this!
YES, yes, and yes. I heard it as: He doesn't respond to crying....

When someone has faith in Him, even better 100% relies on Him (as a child crossing the street
and taking their Dad's hand, completely and utterly)...God's heart is like someone leaping
out of their chair in excitement.

(I know... others are going, How the heck does she know? Fair enough.
I don't know why, but the Father infuses me with His feelings...since the 70s.
When you sit in meditation as long as 3-6 hours in a sitting for 40 years...
it makes things different than for your average bear.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 01:41 PM

3,540 posts, read 1,216,455 times
Opening my heart to Jesus means putting aside anything that interferes with our relationship- obvious sins, wrong attitudes, self-condemnation from past sins, etc. Also, physically putting myself in a place where there are no distractions to talking to and/or listening to Him.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:47 PM

15,566 posts, read 7,023,234 times
I'd have included opening my heart to the things Jesus showed concern for.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I'd have included opening my heart to the things Jesus showed concern for.
Make a list for us, nate.
Wait!

I want to start...the Kingdom of Heaven and our Father....going off in solitude
to pray to the Father. This will be fun!

Old 03-23-2016, 02:59 PM

15,230 posts, read 8,254,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Opening my heart to Jesus means putting aside anything that interferes with our relationship- obvious sins, wrong attitudes, self-condemnation from past sins, etc. Also, physically putting myself in a place where there are no distractions to talking to and/or listening to Him.
Well said, Bryan.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:22 PM

15,566 posts, read 7,023,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Make a list for us, nate.
Wait!

I want to start...the Kingdom of Heaven and our Father....going off in solitude
to pray to the Father. This will be fun!
Sorry, I only have one to add: that concern for the well-being of everyone that IS "agape."

Old 03-23-2016, 08:37 PM

4,221 posts, read 1,967,850 times
"From the believers heart shall flow rivers of living water."

"Anyone who drinks the water I give him shall never become thirsty the water I give him shall be like a well inside him springing up to provide eternal life."

I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except by me.

I am the gate anyone who enters by me will be saved.

"Anyone who offers praise as a sacrifice glorifies me and to him who goes the right way I will show the salvation of God.", says the Lord

Old 03-23-2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Sorry, I only have one to add: that concern
for the well-being of everyone that IS "agape."
Don't be sorry.
Then, I will add another 'concern' as you call it...to love God with all your heart, mind and soul
(sometimes also written is strength).

Old 03-24-2016, 03:19 AM

1 posts, read 348 times
28) For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh.
29) But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly, and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not men, but of God.
Romans 2:28-29
Before one can become a believer the Holy Ghost must slash into our heart and mind or cut them open. As followers of Christ we are often rebuke and chasten for our sins, Revelation 3:19. Because of this our minds and hearts are often hardened and closed to God, and we are told by Jesus, He stands at the door of our mind and heart knocking and waiting for us to open up to Him, Revelations 3:20.

The best way to open your heart is by renewing your mind, Romans 12:1-2.
23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Ephesians 4:23-24

For the battle for our heart begins in our mind, II Corinthians 10:3-5.

As David ask of God to search him and know his heart and thoughts, so too we need to ask God to search us and know us, Psalms 139:23-24.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:28 AM

123 posts, read 84,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Can you share your experience of this to Djmagnum ? . I believe God is incessantly turned on to us but most of the time we are either deaf or blind to it. It's our Heavenly Father who "Always" goes the extra mile, as an example to us.

It is all great advice. I'm going to put it all to work today. I'm going to let everything be and accept it in my mind. I feel very lost in life, I have no direction or purpose. Even with God I'm wondering off. I have no good in me. I'm going to have to have faith he still loves and will save me. I'm a little out of control, I'm hoping I don't learn the hard way or will be disciplined. It's his love that changes us not his discapline or punishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or