U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-01-2016, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Reputation: 9399

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out, if you have to kill it, it's alive. And if it's alive, it's a human, not a puppy in there. Yet from what I've seen most that would kill the first and think little of it (until later when their conscience eats them alive, which is acted out in various ways), would call the police and take a ball bat to anyone brutally murdering a puppy right in front of them.

THIS, is a perfect example of the insanity and innate CREATED INABILITY to qualify and identify the righteousness of G-d, that is the carnal mind. Peace
People use current trends, 'logic' and political party line arguments to come to conclusions. The bizarre part on this thread is the fact that they claim those things are the 'spirit' talking to them. As long as the message, be it from newspaper, TV, internet blog, political rally, movies etc agrees with their own view or right and wrong, then they say "that's the truth, the spirit told me so".

There is no spirit in that approach, there is only their own view, which that have already judged as correct. So, their own mind is the spirit and everything which agrees with it is also of the spirit. Amazing......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-01-2016, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,542 posts, read 6,992,023 times
Reputation: 1603
Try one more time. We are talking about two different things here, whether doing something is right or wrong in God's sight, and whether there is secular reason for thinking it is wrong. The secular debate is NOT about whether a zygote is human, but whether it meets the legal qualification of PERSON with rights assigned to persons of varying degrees of competence.. The only possible SECULAR argument is that the zygote may gain some consideration of PERSON as it develops and where to draw the line that is currently drawn at live birth.

Religious considerations ALONE should NEVER be used to IMPOSE those considerations on people who do not believe, and yes, that is inaccordance with the Spirit in the liberty allowed to choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2016, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Reputation: 9399
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Try one more time. We are talking about two different things here, whether doing something is right or wrong in God's sight, and whether there is secular reason for thinking it is wrong. The secular debate is NOT about whether a zygote is human, but whether it meets the legal qualification of PERSON with rights assigned to persons of varying degrees of competence.. The only possible SECULAR argument is that the zygote may gain some consideration of PERSON as it develops and where to draw the line that is currently drawn at live birth.

Religious considerations ALONE should NEVER be used to IMPOSE those considerations on people who do not believe, and yes, that is inaccordance with the Spirit in the liberty allowed to choose.
You missed the point completely. It has nothing to do with imposing anything on anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2016, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,542 posts, read 6,992,023 times
Reputation: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You missed the point completely. It has nothing to do with imposing anything on anyone.
You missed the point completely; there are two conversations, you don't seem capable of seeing that and addressing both viewpoints.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2016, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Reputation: 9399
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You missed the point completely; there are two conversations, you don't seem capable of seeing that and addressing both viewpoints.
So, you derail the conversation and then mock others for "not being capable" to follow

Why should anyone help you derail and deflect from the topic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2016, 05:59 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,542 posts, read 6,992,023 times
Reputation: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, you derail the conversation and then mock others for "not being capable" to follow

Why should anyone help you derail and deflect from the topic?
The topic is STILL discernment in the Spirit, and the particular example YOU brought up has two aspects: whether abortion is wrong in the sight of God AND whether it is appropriate to use religious views on the subject to create laws to enforce those views. Both aspects are subject to guidance by the Spirit and it seems endemic to fundamentalists to conflate the two elements.

That you seem unable to comprehend this is just a statement of a failure on your part and a need to distinguish the two elements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2016, 02:17 AM
 
8,340 posts, read 2,732,420 times
Reputation: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Discernment in the Spirit...was something overwhelming for me.
Somehow a meter was created in me that reacts to untruths, unkindnesses,
profound negativity...no, simple negativity...big time.
It's uncanny...the clarity it brings is very powerful.
Just sayin'...maybe not on topic.
Well so much revealed. Those that have seen her stand on a moon of light carried out on the back of a donkey will remember the camel.
Why is it that a so much depend s on a psalm near water. Noting the tent of meeting i hope that 3 men will come to tell us we are fertile to our Fathers will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2016, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Reputation: 9399
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The topic is STILL discernment in the Spirit, and the particular example YOU brought up has two aspects: whether abortion is wrong in the sight of God AND whether it is appropriate to use religious views on the subject to create laws to enforce those views. Both aspects are subject to guidance by the Spirit and it seems endemic to fundamentalists to conflate the two elements.

That you seem unable to comprehend this is just a statement of a failure on your part and a need to distinguish the two elements.
Read again and learn who brought up the topic of enforcing something against anyone. It is highly ironic you keep mocking others about lack of comprehension, when everything has to be repeatedly pointed to you before you get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2016, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,542 posts, read 6,992,023 times
Reputation: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Read again and learn who brought up the topic of enforcing something against anyone. It is highly ironic you keep mocking others about lack of comprehension, when everything has to be repeatedly pointed to you before you get it.
You are actually serious? The topic is guidance by the Spirit. The example YOU brought up was the question of abortion. If there was no intention to force your perception on someone else why did you say in post 95, "For example when talking about abortion, one might 'test' the issue agains the 'spirit' (his/her own bias), and declare the 'spirit' has spoken and said abortion is not a problem, because it would be unloving to deny it from the woman."

But aside from THAT, I pointed out that the conversation about abortion has had two aspects, it is not a separate topic, but two elements of the same topic.

You are either incapable of understanding that, OR you are deflecting again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2016, 09:25 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Reputation: 9399
I will let you and mystic discuss it since you are the only ones interested in talking about law enforcement. Don't expect me to help you derail a tread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top