Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 09:41 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times

Advertisements

putter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 09:43 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It seems people assume that whatever sounds good and agreeable with their views must be of the Spirit.
Remember that the tempter wants people to think certain things are right, when they are actually wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Temptation comes from within, not from that which is external.
In other words, it's the lust and pride that comes from you.

Have you no discernment to judge correctly?
A book does not provide discernment, that comes from the Spirit that dwells within.
And it battles your natural disposition, guiding you to what is good, right and correct.

But keep in mind that what is right for you, may not be good for someone else.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:58 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
putter
A loiter who frivolously wastes your time having no purpose or an actual point.

People merely "toss" a book around without comprehending their own actions.
In other words, they do not have the ability to "judge" for themselves.

Old 04-02-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A loiter who frivolously wastes your time having no purpose or an actual point.

People merely "toss" a book around without comprehending their own actions.
In other words, they do not have the ability to "judge" for themselves.
Only when confronted, but I am grateful for the demonstration of how a person with an agenda and NO intention to learn or listen to the Spirit is exposed during the process of discrimination.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Only when confronted, but I am grateful for the demonstration of how a person with an agenda and NO intention to learn or listen to the Spirit is exposed during the process of discrimination.
I listen to the Spirit all the time, but thanks for claiming otherwise. It is a good demonstration of the nature of the spirit you obey. Please remain loyal to your habit of declaring what other people believe, don't believe, do or don't do, or listen or don't listen. Why worry about the truth, when you can lie

When the 'spirit' tells you to lie or mock, you know you are listening to the wrong spirit. `

Old 04-02-2016, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I listen to the Spirit all the time, `
How is it you test that spirit again?

Old 04-02-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
How is it you test that spirit again?
I just gave you an example. Pay attention.

What kind of test did you perform before you posted something which you knew was probably a lie?

Old 04-02-2016, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I just gave you an example. Pay attention.

What kind of test did you perform before you posted something which you knew was probably a lie?
#1 It is in NO way a lie, and #2 as I recall you "test" your spirit by your doctrines. You expect people to take you seriously?

Old 04-03-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
#1 It is in NO way a lie, and #2 as I recall you "test" your spirit by your doctrines. You expect people to take you seriously?
It is a lie.

If you want to prove it is the truth, then the floor is yours.

I told you before that smart people do not make claims they are unable to prove.

It is not smart to pretend to know what other people listen to, or don't listen to, and it is even less smart to pretend to know what they will, or will not listen to in the future. Perhaps you are too obsessed about me. You are so anxious about trying to discredit me, that you keep making claims which everyone knows are invented by you and based on nothing but your personal bias.

"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Is the spirit you listen to telling you to lie or mock? It should be easy to determine that spirit is the wrong spirit. You did not answer when I asked you how you tested the spirit before you posted what you did. What does it say about you when you keep talking about the importance of tests, and yet your posts clearly show you do to bother with it yourself. It's hypocritical.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-03-2016 at 10:21 AM..

Old 04-03-2016, 10:41 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
I listen to the Spirit all the time, but thanks for claiming otherwise. It is a good demonstration of the nature of the spirit you obey. Please remain loyal to your habit of declaring what other people believe, don't believe, do or don't do, or listen or don't listen. Why worry about the truth, when you can lie

When the 'spirit' tells you to lie or mock, you know you are listening to the wrong spirit. `
Amen, the Holy Spirit will never , ever tell or even encourage one to lie about anything. Jesus even said, "Nor shall you make an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. But let your statement be, ‘Yes, yes’ or ‘No, no’; anything beyond these is of evil. (Matthew 5:36-38 NASB)

. Were not even too make promises and not follow through . As that is lying also.
As far as the mocking goes that is a fleshy attitude and usually the root cause comes from unbelief or bitterness and can also be known as coming from someone who is holding un-forgiveness toward something or someone in their heart .
And if that is the case Jesus also said, "For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions." (Matt.6:14-16)
Therefore they are not forgiven and are living in a lie . And I believe that is why you see so much hatred, contempt toward ones neighbor coming from certain individuals . It's called discernment from the Holy Spirit because of what we're taught through the scripture !

So yes, Finn, if someone is lying it definitely is not the Holy Spirit leading them but a spirit of darkness !! Discernment from the Holy Spirit as He will not lead someone to do something against the Father' will and lying is definitely a no, no .
And it is quite obvious that many here do carry un-forgiveness in their hearts as just their behavior toward certain individuals indicates they are holding something against them . Love does not provoke and behave rudely !

Blessing's to you, Finn !
PS. I wouldn't waste anymore of God's precious time on the "tongue whipping congregation," they are stuck and truly not led by the Spirit of God just by the way they speak and behave toward others . It is so obvious because the fruit coming from these trees (heart) is rotten, as good fruit produces love and feeds the neighbor with juicy sweet nectar regardless who you are and what you believe and does not come from a heart that acts in such unbecoming ways toward their neighbors ! The discernment coming from the Spirit will always reveal the fruit of the tree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity