U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 09:47 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,820,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Thank you for acknowledging that you pay no attention to things that don't fit your doctrines, but the point is that you make statements according to your doctrines and, when the statemennts are answered you repeat them inana=ely as if they had not been. it is tiring to the readers as well as stupid to do so.

There's a vast difference between a doctrine of man and stones made without hands, but I realize you don't understand that. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 11:52 PM

37,660 posts, read 25,365,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The ONLY Word of God is Jesus the Christ, period. Everything else is man-interpreted inspirations that MUST be tested against the ONLY standard of God's truth - the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). You apparently deny the New Covenant "written in our hearts" in agape love and retain the Old Covenant "written in ink" and stone. You seem to ignore the Living Christ who abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us so we would not need anyone to teach us in favor of potentially misinterpreted words "written in ink." How do you TEST the truth of anything in the Bible??? What is your standard of truth??? What are its characteristics??? Mine are clear and are described in several places - 1 Cor 13, Galatians 5 and the Sermon on the Mount.If it contradicts the Spirit of agape love that Jesus revealed as the TRUE NATURE of God, It cannot be from God or Jesus, period. Jesus demonstrated agape love unambiguously by His life and especially His death. He smote no one despite horrendous scourging and crucifixion. He loved even His torturers and murderers because they knew not what they did. It is beyond me how you can square the God revealed by Christ with a wrathful, vengeful God who required blood sacrifices to appease Him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No it's not. I don't serve a weak G-d who couldn't make sure His Word was not MAJORLY tampered with. The Torah is letter perfect, and you're forgetting it was THIS WORD that He grew by. And His hiding principles in every book made sure the rest could not be compromised so much as to cause major damage. Then with the addition of the tabernacle pattern, also not tampered with, and the creation, whose principles are inherent, and you have an excellent pattern and mirror. I have explained repeatedly how the WORD says we are to test the spirits, and it is NOT as you all keep proclaiming.
There is little point in arguing with someone who actually reveres the OT as the Word of God.There is no more heinous set of primitive barbaric garbage about God in any religion. The beliefs about the OT God are so untenable and unsupportable under ANY reasonable and decent rationale that any 21st-century mind that accepts them cannot be reasoned with.
Quote:
You are fascinating for sure. You have asked for as "spiritual teaching" that is not in the Bible and, when given one (slavery is wrong in itself) as an example of something that is not taught in the Bible, when pressed, you fall back on the idea that the PRINCIPLE of doing unto others covers it. Goalposts shifted to EXACTLY what we have been trying to say: that the Principle of Agape is to be our guide, and it will cover APPLICATIONS that are not taught in the Bible, and even contradict interpretations of the Bible that have been held for millenia. The abortion example is not the perfect example because it is a recent stand by fundamentalists backed up against the wall because there is no real scriptural basis for their stand made because they object to people having sex and escaping the consequences (at least some of them). Agian, you misstate our position: it may be sinful for me to have an abortion, but it is not my business to impose my faith based perception on others, it is my job to convince them and to help them however I can to make a good decision. You talk out of both sides of your mouth on this one claiming that it isn't about forcing your views on others, but then wanting your perceptions to be the basis for laws....which is it?
Rbbi1 I have pointed out that group discernment is in no way a contradiction of the spiritual gift that many of us have in some degree. I think it was the second post that addressed this issue. I am aware that you don't pay any attention to views you don't hold, but they HAVE been expressed.
It is hopeless, nate. Unreasoning credulity cannot be reasoned with.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:51 AM

58,651 posts, read 32,128,809 times
Quote:
Do you REALLY want to go around this circle again? The Bible in NO way condemns slavery in itself. It does address SOME of the abuses of slavery.
You said the Bible does not speak about it, and I corrected you (again).

Old 04-09-2016, 06:45 AM

15,592 posts, read 7,066,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Does the Bible speak against slavery?

“Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death”
Quote:
Do you REALLY want to go around this circle again? The Bible in NO way condemns slavery in itself. It does address SOME of the abuses of slavery.
Quote:
You said the Bible does not speak about it, and I corrected you (again).
I said, and you acknowledged that I said the Bible does not speak against slavery. Will you ever man up and acknowledge your errors?

Old 04-09-2016, 07:21 AM

58,651 posts, read 32,128,809 times
Quote:
I said, and you acknowledged that I said the Bible does not speak against slavery. Will you ever man up and acknowledge your errors?
I quoted the verse, and you pretend it does not exist. We have talked about it before and you give me the same chicken dance every time. There is nothing more to say.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
There is little point in arguing with someone who actually reveres the OT as the Word of God.There is no more heinous set of primitive barbaric garbage about God in any religion. The beliefs about the OT God are so untenable and unsupportable under ANY reasonable and decent rationale that any 21st-century mind that accepts them cannot be reasoned with.

So your carnal mind keeps telling you, but that doesn't make it so. If you were a TRUE unbiased seeker of Truth as you all like to portray yourselves as being, you would investigate the things I am telling you, because of a FACT, when I was standing where you are, I investigated everything that I thought might hold some promise of a divine plan and reason for being here. I FOUND IT, you haven't yet. Simple as that.

You're not talking to someone who grew up with ANY OF THIS as a kid and got "brainwashed" into it, or fell in with some denomination's programming. I FOUND IT through much searching as an adult of nearly 30, and a divine intervention that kicked it off and me off my carnal ass nature mind rulership. Peace

Old 04-09-2016, 01:26 PM

4,666 posts, read 2,294,468 times
Quote:
I am fascinated by the fact that people have expressed the idea that following the Spirit is nothing more than internal imagining and "unicorns and butterflies," but when actually confronted with a brief example of discernment in that Spirit using some of the tools available to the Spirit, including scripture, recent sociological information, reason and most of all that concern for the well-being of everyone that is "agape," I get no reaction whatsoever.
Why do you suppose that is?
'nothing more ' perhaps because of a lack of accurate scriptural knowledge or information.

Doesn't ' discernment of God's spirit ' show in the application of God's spirit produced or cultivated in one's life style ?
The fruit of God's spirit as listed at Galatians 5:22-23 with its 9 facets or attributes:

Love,
Joy,
Peace,
Patience,
Kindness,
Goodness,
Faith,
Mildness,
Self-control

So, the fruit of God's spirit is Not internal imagining,etc. and against such fruit there is No law against those 9 qualities.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:09 PM

15,592 posts, read 7,066,428 times
Quote:
Quote:
I quoted the verse, and you pretend it does not exist. We have talked about it before and you give me the same chicken dance every time. There is nothing more to say.
Answer: "No." But thank you for providing a sterling example of the mindset and character we are trying to expose.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:32 PM

37,660 posts, read 25,365,683 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
So your carnal mind keeps telling you, but that doesn't make it so. If you were a TRUE unbiased seeker of Truth as you all like to portray yourselves as being, you would investigate the things I am telling you, because of a FACT, when I was standing where you are, I investigated everything that I thought might hold some promise of a divine plan and reason for being here. I FOUND IT, you haven't yet. Simple as that.
You're not talking to someone who grew up with ANY OF THIS as a kid and got "brainwashed" into it, or fell in with some denomination's programming. I FOUND IT through much searching as an adult of nearly 30, and a divine intervention that kicked it off and me off my carnal ass nature mind rulership. Peace
It appears your carnal mind is unable to discern what Spirit IS and its relationship to consciousness. You are mired in carnal thinking about worldly issues and completely miss that God is ONLY interested in what is in our minds (Spirits). He wants our Spirits to mirror His own as revealed and demonstrated by Christ, NOT the ignorant primitive barbarians who wrote the OT interpretations of His inspirations. You seem to be saying that your path is similar to mine, but it seems you drew some very different and carnal interpretations, much as our ignroant ancestors did. If you had indeed experienced the consciousness I encountered in deep meditation, you could NEVER believe what you do about God, IMO. So, whatever you DID experience is some Spirit the opposite of the one I encountered.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
It appears your carnal mind is unable to discern what Spirit IS and its relationship to consciousness. You are mired in carnal thinking about worldly issues and completely miss that God is ONLY interested in what is in our minds (Spirits). He wants our Spirits to mirror His own as revealed and demonstrated by Christ, NOT the ignorant primitive barbarians who wrote the OT interpretations of His inspirations. You seem to be saying that your path is similar to mine, but it seems you drew some very different and carnal interpretations, much as our ignroant ancestors did. If you had indeed experienced the consciousness I encountered in deep meditation, you could NEVER believe what you do about God, IMO. So, whatever you DID experience is some Spirit the opposite of the one I encountered.

Some of our "ignorant ancestors" were princes among men, the list of which is in Hebrews, in part. Your "consciousness" is your carnal mind, which is a spirit, that's true. But it's not HIS Spirit, which is why your spirit must be regenerated by being born from above. HE is not a "consciousness" that exists within you until you have repented of your dead works/sin, and then the PERSON of Christ comes in AS A BABE in your manger/bread basket, and He STAYS a babe, unless you feed Him the sincere milk of the Word. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or