U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-24-2016, 07:52 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,469 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Reputation: 9405

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
As usual, Finn. you have no idea what you are talking about and you read what is written here with absolutely no comprehension because your mind is closed to anything that challenges your prejudices.
You remain loyal to your habits. Attack the poster when everything else fails
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-24-2016, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,545 posts, read 6,995,657 times
Reputation: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You remain loyal to your habits. Attack the poster when everything else fails
That is as inane a comment as any you have made and it is typical whining about "persecution of Christians."

YOU said that I had read a blog and just felt like it was right and I SHOWED that you were talking through your hat.

You simply deflect when you have been shown to be WRONG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2016, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,469 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Reputation: 9405
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
That is as inane a comment as any you have made and it is typical whining about "persecution of Christians."
If you say so, but I simply pointed out the fact that you routinely get personal when people expose the errors in your thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2016, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,545 posts, read 6,995,657 times
Reputation: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you say so, but I simply pointed out the fact that you routinely get personal when people expose the errors in your thinking.
What you failed to do is mention that your accusation without addressing the points made other than a blanket denial was the first personal comment between us here, and you also fail to mention that I showed you to be dead wrong about THAt, so, no, I don't think that people will be looking at errors in MY thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2016, 12:17 AM
 
37,480 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Reputation: 5853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I stand by what I said, and I am not limiting anything. You read some liberal blog in the internet which you agree with, and you say "the Spirit is guiding me". You are fooling no one but yourself.
Stop it, Finn. You KNOW that 1 Cor 13, Galatians 5 and the Sermon on the Mount CLEARLY describe the Spirit of agape love and its importance to God. Those descriptions are all you need to know what is of the Spirit and therefore of God and what is NOT! WHY do you ignore them and test nothing in the Bible against them????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2016, 06:18 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,545 posts, read 6,995,657 times
Reputation: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Stop it, Finn. You KNOW that 1 Cor 13, Galatians 5 and the Sermon on the Mount CLEARLY describe the Spirit of agape love and its importance to God. Those descriptions are all you need to know what is of the Spirit and therefore of God and what is NOT! WHY do you ignore them and test nothing in the Bible against them????
Because that would expose the spirit he does follow, refusing to test by anything but his own interpretations of scripture, and THIS is supposed to be "testing the spirits."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2016, 06:40 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,469 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Reputation: 9405
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Stop it, Finn. You KNOW that 1 Cor 13, Galatians 5 and the Sermon on the Mount CLEARLY describe the Spirit of agape love and its importance to God. Those descriptions are all you need to know what is of the Spirit and therefore of God and what is NOT! WHY do you ignore them and test nothing in the Bible against them????
As always you lie about what I believe and don't believe. Please stop it.

Don't try to pound people on the head with 1 Cor 13, Galatians 5 and the Sermon on the Mount, you should apply it to your OWN daily life. A lying tongue is not of the Spirit. 1 Cor 13 does not teach you to lie, on the contrary it says love rejoices with the truth. Worry less about other people, and worry more about your own life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2016, 06:42 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,469 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Reputation: 9405
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Because that would expose the spirit he does follow, refusing to test by anything but his own interpretations of scripture, and THIS is supposed to be "testing the spirits."
And this comes from a person who says he tests his spirit with recent sociological information, which more than likely includes pro-gay blogs in the internet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2016, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,545 posts, read 6,995,657 times
Reputation: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And this comes from a person who says he tests his spirit with recent sociological information, which more than likely includes pro-gay blogs in the internet
You don't read very well do you? I said that recent sociological information was a tool that the Spirit might use. How DO you come up with these fantasies?


Never mind. I've seen trapped animals casting about desperately to avoid the inevitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2016, 10:26 AM
 
17,689 posts, read 8,866,529 times
Reputation: 1485
Having discernment is synonymous with the ability to do that which is good and correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top