U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-27-2016, 01:52 PM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,775,874 times
Reputation: 657

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Having discernment is synonymous with the ability to do that which is good and correct.

No, actually it's not. It LOOKED like a good thing to eat the fruit, but clearly it wasn't.

It LOOKED like a good thing for Yeshua not to die on the cross as Peter tried to impose and was called out on it being Satan's remark, so clearly it wasn't a good thing.

Man has ABSOLUTELY NO ABILITY to discern what is good, apart from the Spirit of G-d that inhabits him and to whatever extent, He is want to use it to His desired outcome. And this point is drilled home by the fact that we are told the carnal mind is enmity against G-d, and since G-d is a Spirit, then the spirit that is in man is His enemy and therefore is by it's very NATURE, incapable of doing that which is "good". The hearts of men only put out that which is evil continually.

Put another way, anytime any man does any TRUE good, it's because the Spirit of G-d influenced his decision. Which is why Yeshua said, THERE IS NONE GOOD EXCEPT THE FATHER.

And THIS, is why we need and all were meant to receive, the gifts of the Spirit, including, the gift of discerning of SPIRITS, plural.

As for how we test the spirits, that's simple. On the day of Pentecost, the Spirit it was said, glorified the works of G-d among men. Principle: the spirit always exalts the one who sent it.

You can apply this principle to anything and it never fails. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-27-2016, 02:08 PM
 
17,696 posts, read 8,870,974 times
Reputation: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Having discernment is synonymous with the ability to do that which is good and correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, actually it's not. It LOOKED like a good thing to eat the fruit, but clearly it wasn't.

It LOOKED like a good thing for Yeshua not to die on the cross as Peter tried to impose and was called out on it being Satan's remark, so clearly it wasn't a good thing.

Man has ABSOLUTELY NO ABILITY to discern what is good, apart from the Spirit of G-d that inhabits him and to whatever extent, He is want to use it to His desired outcome. And this point is drilled home by the fact that we are told the carnal mind is enmity against G-d, and since G-d is a Spirit, then the spirit that is in man is His enemy and therefore is by it's very NATURE, incapable of doing that which is "good". The hearts of men only put out that which is evil continually.

Put another way, anytime any man does any TRUE good, it's because the Spirit of G-d influenced his decision. Which is why Yeshua said, THERE IS NONE GOOD EXCEPT THE FATHER.

And THIS, is why we need and all were meant to receive, the gifts of the Spirit, including, the gift of discerning of SPIRITS, plural.

As for how we test the spirits, that's simple. On the day of Pentecost, the Spirit it was said, glorified the works of G-d among men. Principle: the spirit always exalts the one who sent it.

You can apply this principle to anything and it never fails. Peace
Apparently, you lack discernment in any form.

If you know to do that which is right, and don't.
Then, you have missed the mark - it's that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 02:15 PM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,775,874 times
Reputation: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Apparently, you lack discernment in any form.

If you know to do that which is right, and don't.
Then, you have missed the mark - it's that simple.

And you missed my point. WHOSE mark is it, WHO defined the mark? And how, apart from His Spirit, do you NOT miss the mark? Or do we deny the words of Yeshua, and say that some are good, they can hit the mark apart from His Spirit? Either you give credit to the flesh or to the Spirit. It's that simple. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 02:35 PM
 
17,696 posts, read 8,870,974 times
Reputation: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And you missed my point. WHOSE mark is it, WHO defined the mark? And how, apart from His Spirit, do you NOT miss the mark? Or do we deny the words of Yeshua, and say that some are good, they can hit the mark apart from His Spirit? Either you give credit to the flesh or to the Spirit. It's that simple. Peace
Love defines the mark, not Religiosity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 03:03 PM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,775,874 times
Reputation: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Love defines the mark, not Religiosity.

Religiosity is just a word created to avoid dying to self, dying to the flesh, the "formula" for which, is in the Word.

No man has any IDEA what HIS LOVE IS, without the SPIRIT, which IS, LOVE. His love is not a feel good, I'm ok, you're ok, emotion; in fact, it's not an emotion at all.

His love was love when the Spirit dropped the two that lied to the Holy Ghost in their tracks, yet by your definition I bet that's not "love" at all, is it? His love was love when Paul was struck blind for 3 days. His love was love when He prophesied the death of over a million people to come when the temple was destroyed and Jerusalem was sacked. But the Spirit is not divided, and His ways are not our ways. Or the fact that the Word says that all the Israelites went through was for our example? Look at what they went through, and then line that up with what you probably think His love is.

The carnal mind is His enemy, and it's the veil over our faces. If any man could come to G-d through his own mind apart from the Spirit of G-d, then there would have been no need for Him to have died and released the Spirit in portions to us. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,475 posts, read 31,872,436 times
Reputation: 9408
It seems people assume that whatever sounds good and agreeable with their views must be of the Spirit.

Remember that the tempter wants people to think certain things are right, when that are actually wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 05:02 PM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,775,874 times
Reputation: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It seems people assume that whatever sounds good and agreeable with their views must be of the Spirit.

Remember that the tempter wants people to think certain things are right, when that are actually wrong.

Exactly. It's lust of the eyes, the fruit looked pleasant to the eyes, contrasted with Daniel's attitude of "I will not eat the king's pleasant bread." If we could discern, what do we need the Spirit for? Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 05:39 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,547 posts, read 6,999,363 times
Reputation: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It seems people assume that whatever sounds good and agreeable with their views must be of the Spirit.

Remember that the tempter wants people to think certain things are right, when that are actually wrong.
Which is why the test of thew DSpirit is the characteristics OF the Spierit as revealed by Jesus and not some contradictory writings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 06:06 PM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,775,874 times
Reputation: 657
There is NOTHING in the Word that contradicts itself. When it APPEARS to, it's because you don't know the spiritual principle behind what is written, or it's out of context. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 07:21 PM
 
17,696 posts, read 8,870,974 times
Reputation: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Love defines the mark, not Religiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Religiosity is just a word created to avoid dying to self, dying to the flesh, the "formula" for which, is in the Word.

No man has any IDEA what HIS LOVE IS, without the SPIRIT, which IS, LOVE. His love is not a feel good, I'm ok, you're ok, emotion; in fact, it's not an emotion at all.

His love was love when the Spirit dropped the two that lied to the Holy Ghost in their tracks, yet by your definition I bet that's not "love" at all, is it? His love was love when Paul was struck blind for 3 days. His love was love when He prophesied the death of over a million people to come when the temple was destroyed and Jerusalem was sacked. But the Spirit is not divided, and His ways are not our ways. Or the fact that the Word says that all the Israelites went through was for our example? Look at what they went through, and then line that up with what you probably think His love is.

The carnal mind is His enemy, and it's the veil over our faces. If any man could come to G-d through his own mind apart from the Spirit of G-d, then there would have been no need for Him to have died and released the Spirit in portions to us. Peace
The Selfish Love of Religiosity: "I love you so much that nothing matters to me - not even you."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top