U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-27-2016, 08:37 PM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,804,486 times
Reputation: 659

Advertisements

The Selfish Love of the Carnally-minded:

"I love you so much that I will let you keep your deception because it makes my flesh feel good getting all the accolades about how about what a fair and unbiased guy I am, regardless of your spiritual condition or anyone else's, or the truth of G-d's Word." = the lust of the flesh and the pride of life, two of the three things that brought death in the garden.

The way out of the garden is the way back in (if overcome) so it would follow that overcoming would be the most beneficial. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-27-2016, 08:44 PM
 
17,916 posts, read 8,933,201 times
Reputation: 1504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The Selfish Love of the Carnally-minded:

"I love you so much that I will let you keep your deception because it makes my flesh feel good getting all the accolades about how about what a fair and unbiased guy I am, regardless of your spiritual condition or anyone else's, or the truth of G-d's Word." = the lust of the flesh and the pride of life, two of the three things that brought death in the garden.

The way out of the garden is the way back in (if overcome) so it would follow that overcoming would be the most beneficial. Peace
Overcoming isn't the problem, remaining in bondage is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 08:50 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,580 posts, read 7,042,470 times
Reputation: 1609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
There is NOTHING in the Word that contradicts itself. When it APPEARS to, it's because you don't know the spiritual principle behind what is written, or it's out of context. Peace
You can rely on your doctrines oif men, I will rely on the Spirit Jesus promised AS DESCRIBED by Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 08:51 PM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,804,486 times
Reputation: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Overcoming isn't the problem, remaining in bondage is.

Remaining in bondage, means you need to overcome it! Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 09:04 PM
 
17,916 posts, read 8,933,201 times
Reputation: 1504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Overcoming isn't the problem, remaining in bondage is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Remaining in bondage, means you need to overcome it! Peace
Although we cannot totally change our nature, we may in great measure correct it through reflection and philosophy.
However, religious-bondage serves no purpose, other than to keep you in chains of darkness while eliminating growth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 10:15 PM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,804,486 times
Reputation: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You can rely on your doctrines oif men, I will rely on the Spirit Jesus promised AS DESCRIBED by Jesus.

And WHO, do you think my Teacher is? I have NO DOCTRINE I didn't receive directly from Him. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 10:32 PM
 
37,617 posts, read 25,318,615 times
Reputation: 5862
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Stop it, Finn. You KNOW that 1 Cor 13, Galatians 5 and the Sermon on the Mount CLEARLY describe the Spirit of agape love and its importance to God. Those descriptions are all you need to know what is of the Spirit and therefore of God and what is NOT! WHY do you ignore them and test nothing in the Bible against them????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
As always you lie about what I believe and don't believe. Please stop it.
I said nothing about what you believe or don't believe, let alone lie about it. I told you to stop lying about nate by claiming he get his guidance from some blog instead of the Spirit CLEARLY DESCRIBED in those verses. there is NO CONFU?SION about what IS and what IS NOT of the Spirit when those verses are READ and FOLLOWED! Why do people accept what is in the Bible without TESTING the Spirit against those verses????
Quote:
Don't try to pound people on the head with 1 Cor 13, Galatians 5 and the Sermon on the Mount, you should apply it to your OWN daily life.
I DO, Finn, every day. Can you say the same?? I test EVERYTHING that is claimed about God and Jesus against those verses. We are supposed to beat each other over the head with them because THEY are the standard of God's TRUTH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It seems people assume that whatever sounds good and agreeable with their views must be of the Spirit.
See! How can you have read what I have posted to you and still pretend that the standard is "whatever sounds good and agreeable with our views"???? The standard is the verses you say I am beating you over the head with. THEY come from Jesus, NOT "whatever sounds good and is agreeable with my views."
Quote:
Remember that the tempter wants people to think certain things are right, when that are actually wrong.
From where I sit, he has succeeded with the MAJORITY of Christians who ignore those verses and test nothing because they believe the anti-Christ apostate dogma in the "precepts and doctrines of men" as prophesied for these latter days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 11:02 PM
 
17,916 posts, read 8,933,201 times
Reputation: 1504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It seems people assume that whatever sounds good and agreeable with their views must be of the Spirit.
Remember that the tempter wants people to think certain things are right, when they are actually wrong.
Temptation comes from within, not from that which is external.
In other words, it's the lust and pride that comes from you.

Have you no discernment to judge correctly?

Last edited by Jerwade; 03-27-2016 at 11:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2016, 01:29 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,580 posts, read 7,042,470 times
Reputation: 1609
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You can rely on your doctrines oif men, I will rely on the Spirit Jesus promised AS DESCRIBED by Jesus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And WHO, do you think my Teacher is? I have NO DOCTRINE I didn't receive directly from Him. Peace
I don't know, how do you test those revelations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2016, 06:59 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,606 posts, read 31,995,277 times
Reputation: 9427
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I said nothing about what you believe or don't believe, let alone lie about it.
You claimed I ignore the verses which you mentioned, which is a complete lie. Unfortunately such claims is pretty much the par of the course with you, which is why I ignore your posts most of the time. Your posts are designed to misrepresent other people, and it is very unpleasant.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-28-2016 at 07:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top