U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 07:08 AM

58,674 posts, read 32,136,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The Selfish Love of the Carnally-minded:

"I love you so much that I will let you keep your deception because it makes my flesh feel good getting all the accolades about how about what a fair and unbiased guy I am, regardless of your spiritual condition or anyone else's, or the truth of G-d's Word." = the lust of the flesh and the pride of life, two of the three things that brought death in the garden.

The way out of the garden is the way back in (if overcome) so it would follow that overcoming would be the most beneficial. Peace
Yes, it boils down to the original lie "you shall surely not die". Approving/condoning the sins of others is not love, it is basically throwing more fuel into the fire. Would you give an alcoholic a big bottle of booze and say 'its ok, even Jesus drank wine'. No, that would not help him at all.

Paul mentioned such people in Romans 1 "they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 08:47 AM

15,596 posts, read 7,066,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You claimed I ignore the verses which you mentioned, which is a complete lie. Unfortunately such claims is pretty much the par of the course with you, which is why I ignore your posts most of the time. Your posts are designed to misrepresent other people, and it is very unpleasant.
THIS from the person who claims that I get my ideas from liberal blogs anf just go with it because it feels good. Disgusting.

If you don't ignore the verses about what livig in the Spirit should look like how do you test the Spirit you claim guides you through scripture? Show us how you utilize the information.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:21 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,820,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I don't know, how do you test those revelations?

Simple. First of all, His sheep hear His voice.

Second, the principles are found from Genesis to Revelation. Which means, that man did not tamper with it as much as one might be lied to, to think. They would have had to take out whole sections, books even, and even then the principle would still be in the other books. So essentially, evil men couldn't destroy what they couldn't SEE. Peace

Old 03-28-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Simple. First of all, His sheep hear His voice.

Second, the principles are found from Genesis to Revelation. Which means, that man did not tamper with it as much as one might be lied to, to think. They would have had to take out whole sections, books even, and even then the principle would still be in the other books. So essentially, evil men couldn't destroy what they couldn't SEE. Peace
In other words you test scripture by scripture without consideration for the fruit of that Spirit that is to be our guide.

Has anyone ever told you that using a faulty ruler to check the measurements of that ruler is not really a good idea?

Old 03-28-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
In other words you test scripture by scripture without consideration for the fruit of that Spirit that is to be our guide.

Has anyone ever told you that using a faulty ruler to check the measurements of that ruler is not really a good idea?
It is the very same faulty book which you keep quoting, except that you have added some teachings of your own, like that recent sociological information and common sense are as good as scripture. Satan did the same by quoting scripture, but he used it to tempt and deceive. Mix some truth with lies is an old trick of his.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
It is the very same faulty book which you keep quoting, except that you have added some teachings of your own, like that recent sociological information and common sense are as good as scripture. Satan did the same by quoting scripture, but he used it to tempt and deceive. Mix some truth with lies is an old trick of his.
Try again: quoting is not making the place quoted any kind of authority. THAT belongs to our Guide. You can't seem to get out of your training and understand a different perception. You still rely on your doctrines of men and not the fruit of the spirit.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:04 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,820,100 times
Quote:

In other words, as I've said many times on here, the Word is the level, the Spirit is the plumbline, and they that labor without these TWO labor in vain to build the house. The two, also form a cross, not coincidentally.

You're all about fruit according to your post to Finn.....so how you doing with that? You DO realize that the fruit is the fruit of the womb, the fully matured SON you're supposed to be getting ready to bring to birth, don't you? See, when He comes His reward is WITH HIM, and His reward is the fruit of the womb.
Peace

Old 03-28-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Try again: quoting is not making the place quoted any kind of authority. THAT belongs to our Guide. You can't seem to get out of your training and understand a different perception. You still rely on your doctrines of men and not the fruit of the spirit.
Why do you quote it at all if you think it is faulty? Why do you keep talking about things like "fruit of the Spirit" which you learned from that faulty book?

You said yourself that you should not use it as a guideline since it is faulty, and yet you cant stop repeating things you read in that faulty book.

Old 03-28-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Why do you quote it at all if you think it is faulty? Why do you keep talking about things like "fruit of the Spirit" which you learned from that faulty book?

You said yourself that you should not use it as a guideline since it is faulty, and yet you cant stop repeating things you read in that faulty book.
For the 750th time, Finn: the Spirit rither corroborates or condemns what is said. I quote scripture because YOU claim to follow it, but you do NOT follow the points made in the scripture quoted.

But that's alright, ignore the information again. Stay comfortable.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
For the 750th time, Finn: the Spirit rither corroborates or condemns what is said. I quote scripture because YOU claim to follow it, but you do NOT follow the points made in the scripture quoted. But that's alright, ignore the information again. Stay comfortable.
You, like Mystic, make dishonest claims about what other people believe, or don't believe, or follow, or don't follow. You do not get to define what other people believe or don't believe. When you misrepresent others you are only making a liar out of yourself.

So, you don't believe the Bible, you just quote it because I believe it. If that is what you are saying, it would be interesting, and at the same time it makes no sense whatsoever. It would throw your own past arguments in the trash-bin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or