U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-30-2016, 04:43 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,540 posts, read 6,992,023 times
Reputation: 1603

Advertisements

putter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-30-2016, 06:53 PM
 
37,476 posts, read 25,217,301 times
Reputation: 5852
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You did NOT point out any such thing and it is not remotely a fact. What you are not interested in doing is owning up to your own views when they are challenged. This is more ducking, distracting, hiding and misrepresenting. Do YOU test what is in the Bible against those verses??? I know you do not because you have refused to do so many times. You even acknowledge that there is NO need to do so because you accept everything in the Bible without questioning or testing. You even refuse to acknowledge that there are contradictions and inconsistencies in the Bible. Stop playing games. You are NOT defending God or Jesus with such antics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I knew you'd be too proud to apologize, and instead try to make it about be. Some things never change
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Pride has nothing to do with it. There is nothing to apologize for. You again refuse to answer. You are ducking and hiding yet again. I repeat for the umpteenth time: Do YOU test what is in the Bible against those verses???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are having a hard time with this. I told you the sole purpose of my post was to point out the fact that you misrepresented my views. I did it so you could correct your error, but clearly your pride stands in the way.
Your purpose was to lie and pretend that I lied about your views. You have revealed your position numerous times by your defense of the 100% Bible inerrancy. Automatically, that means you TEST NOTHING in it against those verses. So what I said about you is no lie. You refuse to specifically answer thinking you can fool those who do not know what you have posted about these issues.
Quote:
You ask questions in order to deflect. You can repeat your questions till your face turns blue, but it won't change the fact that you are deflecting.
No, Finn, the questions are to reveal your typical antics of deception, lying and misrepresenting anyone who calls you out on your hypocrisy and your pretended outrage at being misunderstood.
Quote:
I am not interesting in discussing anything with you since I know you harbor anger and resentment towards people like me. I do not wish to deal with it. I have dusted my sandals and turned away from your door.
I harbor no anger or resentment against anyone, least of all you and the other 100% Bible believers who test nothing against the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). I have nothing but sincere concern for your souls. You are not interested because I reveal your hypocrisy in claiming to follow Christ in agape love while supporting and defending discrimination and mistreatment of others based on their sins. You can dust your sandals and turn away from the truth in the mirror I hold up, but it will not fool God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2016, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Reputation: 9399
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your purpose was to lie and pretend that I lied about your views. You have revealed your position numerous times by your defense of the 100% Bible inerrancy. Automatically, that means you TEST NOTHING in it against those verses. So what I said about you is no lie. You refuse to specifically answer thinking you can fool those who do not know what you have posted about these issues.No, Finn, the questions are to reveal your typical antics of deception, lying and misrepresenting anyone who calls you out on your hypocrisy and your pretended outrage at being misunderstood.
Every time you are exposed you lash out anger and accusations, and then you pretend you are calling people out when in fact it was you was called out. Attacking the person is a classic deflection.

PS Recently you said you have no clue what I believe because I refuse to reveal my position, and now you are saying the opposite. Either you lied then or you are lying now.

No further comment to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2016, 08:30 PM
 
37,476 posts, read 25,217,301 times
Reputation: 5852
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your purpose was to lie and pretend that I lied about your views. You have revealed your position numerous times by your defense of the 100% Bible inerrancy. Automatically, that means you TEST NOTHING in it against those verses. So what I said about you is no lie. You refuse to specifically answer thinking you can fool those who do not know what you have posted about these issues.No, Finn, the questions are to reveal your typical antics of deception, lying and misrepresenting anyone who calls you out on your hypocrisy and your pretended outrage at being misunderstood. I harbor no anger or resentment against anyone, least of all you and the other 100% Bible believers who test nothing against the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). I have nothing but sincere concern for your souls. You are not interested because I reveal your hypocrisy in claiming to follow Christ in agape love while supporting and defending discrimination and mistreatment of others based on their sins. You can dust your sandals and turn away from the truth in the mirror I hold up, but it will not fool God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Every time you are exposed you lash out anger and accusations, and then you pretend you are calling people out when in fact it was you was called out. Attacking the person is a classic deflection.
There is no anger in my post at all. Do you have trouble reading and understanding the bold above. That you ignore testing ANYTHING in the Bible automatically means you ignore the verses. On what basis can you say that is a lie about you???
Quote:
PS Recently you said you have no clue what I believe because I refuse to reveal my position, and now you are saying the opposite. Either you lied then or you are lying now.
That was a very specific instance, not this obvious one. IF you cannot see that you automatically ignore using those verses to TEST the Spirit of anything in the Bible because you do NOT test anything in the Bible then you have a comprehension problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2016, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,540 posts, read 6,992,023 times
Reputation: 1603
In a search of your posts about the fruit of the spirit, I came on the following page in an interesting discussion of "the fear of the Lord" The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge.. What is interesting is that the only quality you stressed was "peace," and refused to engage about how fear and love (one of the qualities) are mutually exclusive.

I recant. The only things you ignore about that particular scripture are the things that tend to show your stances as unloving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2016, 08:57 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Reputation: 9399
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is no anger in my post at all. Do you have trouble reading and understanding the bold above. That you ignore testing ANYTHING in the Bible automatically means you ignore the verses. On what basis can you say that is a lie about you??? That was a very specific instance, not this obvious one. IF you cannot see that you automatically ignore using those verses to TEST the Spirit of anything in the Bible because you do NOT test anything in the Bible then you have a comprehension problem.
Talk to the hand my friend Owns your words and stay honest. That's my advice to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2016, 09:10 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Reputation: 9399
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
In a search of your posts about the fruit of the spirit, I came on the following page in an interesting discussion of "the fear of the Lord" The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge.. What is interesting is that the only quality you stressed was "peace," and refused to engage about how fear and love (one of the qualities) are mutually exclusive.
It is important to read with comprehension, and to understand what the conversation is about. You seem to have failed in both regards. The conversation was not about fruits of the Spirit per se, it was about how people misunderstand the words "fear of the Lord" as being afraid of the Lord, when it actually means 'respect the Lord'. I mentioned peace, as it was relevant to the topic.

Read with comprehension, and share your own views as opposed to trying to misrepresent those of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2016, 11:41 AM
 
Location: Booth Texas
13,249 posts, read 4,228,306 times
Reputation: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I am fascinated by the fact that people have expressed the idea that following the Spirit is nothing more than internal imagining and "unicorns and butterflies," but when actually confronted with a brief example of discernment in that Spirit using some of the tools available to the Spirit, including scripture, recent sociological information, reason and most of all that concern for the well-being of everyone that is "agape," I get no reaction whatsoever.

Why do you suppose that is?

I honestly expected to show another of the phases generated in discernment, and that is input or questions from people expected to have encountered that Spirit. Perhaps that post was too obscure?
I am sure what you are asking is understandable to educated people, but I read it a few times and still can't figure it out, dang the bad luck.


I would just add that there really is a spiritual, but the spiritual does not cancel out the physical. Like there is a spiritual Israel through a graft by the promises given to the sons of Joseph and a person symbolically becomes a co heir with those of Judah, they do not become Jews, but Israelites.


I suppose over the years people forget about the physical and they keep the spiritual.


I look at women in a spiritual freedom, but there are still physical rules and I go back and forth about this subject.


One thing I am convinced of is that no woman was ever born with a propensity to understand the passion of a man.


Women and men may be equal in God's eyes, but they are a completely different creature altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2016, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,540 posts, read 6,992,023 times
Reputation: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I am sure what you are asking is understandable to educated people, but I read it a few times and still can't figure it out, dang the bad luck.
Let me try again fr you: The OP is all about the response of people who say that following the Spirit is all about "imaginings," and "unicorns and butterflies." They refuse to consider that it calls for quite reasonable discernment, and I am not talking about another "gift of the Spirit" in which you "just know," I am talking about using all of the tools with which the Spirit may communicate, including reason and verifiable information that bears on the subject. The example of that proceess given was about determining whether arbitrary rules should be used to define roles according to sex. You may not agree that capabilities and talents are not bound by sex, even though one sex shows a different balance on the whole in any particular area like bodily strength, in which women are generally weaker, but with no clear division between strong women and weak men. That is to say that many women are stronger than many men in body, so why make a rule that a woman is disquailfied from a job that requires bodily strength just because she is female and a weaker man is not disqualified?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2016, 05:04 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Reputation: 9399
It sounds like a person's personal bias, or political leaning is the 'spirit' they follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top