U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 10:41 AM

15,585 posts, read 7,052,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Does God teach women are equal to men? (testimony, church, Revelation) (Thead OP) Simple answer: the Bible does not, God does in all spiritual and social matters. The first hint of that in the Bible comes from the aforementioned "oneness" citation concerning male and female in Christ, the rest comes from an application of that love that Jesus taught, and placing arbitrary rules about roles in a species wher talents, inclinations and capabilities have no sex related boundaries goes against the "liberty we have in Christ" that is also mentioned by Paul.
I am fascinated by the fact that people have expressed the idea that following the Spirit is nothing more than internal imagining and "unicorns and butterflies," but when actually confronted with a brief example of discernment in that Spirit using some of the tools available to the Spirit, including scripture, recent sociological information, reason and most of all that concern for the well-being of everyone that is "agape," I get no reaction whatsoever.

Why do you suppose that is?

I honestly expected to show another of the phases generated in discernment, and that is input or questions from people expected to have encountered that Spirit. Perhaps that post was too obscure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 11:39 AM

12,892 posts, read 10,850,754 times
Discernment in the Spirit...was something overwhelming for me.
Somehow a meter was created in me that reacts to untruths, unkindnesses,
profound negativity...no, simple negativity...big time.
It's uncanny...the clarity it brings is very powerful.
Just sayin'...maybe not on topic.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Discernment in the Spirit...was something overwhelming for me.
Somehow a meter was created in me that reacts to untruths, unkindnesses,
profound negativity...no, simple negativity...big time.
It's uncanny...the clarity it brings is very powerful.
Just sayin'...maybe not on topic.
Perhaps not precisely on topic, it is a result of that encounter and some experience dealing in the milleau of "Christianity," and is VERY useful in the process because it often triggers expectation of a hidden agenda in the seemingly questioning posture of those who are locked into a position and not open to discernment.

Actually, a very valuable contribution as I think of it.

Thank you.

Old 03-21-2016, 03:02 PM

1,502 posts, read 617,699 times
Discernment is one of the gifts of the HS. Gifts are gifts - it's not necessarily something you can teach someone or they can learn, from man anyway. But get around Jesus enough and you will have the mind of Christ, with which many giftings come. How come you do not know this?

Old 03-21-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Discernment is one of the gifts of the HS. Gifts are gifts - it's not necessarily something you can teach someone or they can learn, from man anyway. But get around Jesus enough and you will have the mind of Christ, with which many giftings come. How come you do not know this?
For the individual gift you are talking about, that is true, but there are processes by which people of good will and openness to the Spirit can use to come to an understanding on pretty much any topic. I am talking about those processes...... as opposed the the "Internal" perception people accuse us of. Individual idiosyncrasies as they would have it.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:53 PM

7,882 posts, read 6,700,034 times
Jesus gives gifts of the Holy spirit equally to both man and women , as it is only where people exercise faith and expectation and people character, into the gifts where more are given to some .... the Holy spirit will lead people who are a couple either married or not married to resist all adultery , as people are under the spirit and not the law ....... for discernment of demonic spirits and other spirits is a gifts which Holy Spirit does for believers , and these gifts are gift to both man and women , and come with other gifts for protection for Jesus spirit ....

Old 03-23-2016, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
For the individual gift you are talking about, that is true, but there are processes by which people of good will and openness to the Spirit can use to come to an understanding on pretty much any topic. I am talking about those processes...... as opposed the the "Internal" perception people accuse us of. Individual idiosyncrasies as they would have it.
I think the process you describe is probably true in a universal sense - God will deliver all from carnal knowledge, in time and by His various means. But if we are to cut that process to a minimum, then applying the understanding that flesh gives birth to flesh, and Spirit to Spirit, is key. Inasmuch therefore, progress in discernment is by revelation, as correspondingly the flesh / law of sin and death is supplanted by and put to death by the law of the spirit of life and the mind of Christ ...or as mentioned, simply because "you have been chosen" (gifting).

We can indeed learn though as you suggest, but we have to give care to what we learn, and that in itself requires discernment, so there is a process one engages in, but it is a work of the Spirit, as God draws people to Himself.

Internal perceptions come across as personal idiosyncrasies because that's how the spiritual realm works, but it perfectly aligns with flesh giving birth to flesh and Spirit to Spirit. There are many spirits of course, sowing many strongholds in our minds and bodies. But the Lord will deliver us, by His Spirit and word, using Hebrews 4:12 - you can divide your Spirit, from soul and body, any which way necessary to be free from bondages, usually by repenting.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:52 AM

Quote:
I think the process you describe is probably true in a universal sense - God will deliver all from carnal knowledge, in time and by His various means. But if we are to cut that process to a minimum, then applying the understanding that flesh gives birth to flesh, and Spirit to Spirit, is key. Inasmuch therefore, progress in discernment is by revelation, as correspondingly the flesh / law of sin and death is supplanted by and put to death by the law of the spirit of life and the mind of Christ ...or as mentioned, simply because "you have been chosen" (gifting).

We can indeed learn though as you suggest, but we have to give care to what we learn, and that in itself requires discernment, so there is a process one engages in, but it is a work of the Spirit, as God draws people to Himself.

Internal perceptions come across as personal idiosyncrasies because that's how the spiritual realm works, but it perfectly aligns with flesh giving birth to flesh and Spirit to Spirit. There are many spirits of course, sowing many strongholds in our minds and bodies. But the Lord will deliver us, by His Spirit and word, using Hebrews 4:12 - you can divide your Spirit, from soul and body, any which way necessary to be free from bondages, usually by repenting.
I'm sorry, but that is just abstract generalizations to me, and has no practical application. Can you show me how it relates to the question of eqality between men and women that began this thread?

Old 03-23-2016, 03:08 PM

And I'm sorry too! Discernment of the Spirit has nothing to do with equality between men and women - the latter is a given. I couldn't work out what it had to do with it in the first post either. I'm just going with the flow here, on things which are merely my personal idiosyncrasies...

I'll re-read the first post, and if it makes sense now, will come back to you.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
And I'm sorry too! Discernment of the Spirit has nothing to do with equality between men and women - the latter is a given. I couldn't work out what it had to do with it in the first post either. I'm just going with the flow here, on things which are merely my personal idiosyncrasies...

I'll re-read the first post, and if it makes sense now, will come back to you.
The point, Age-enduring, in case you miss it again, is having a group of people discern together what is or is not appropriate. "Discernment" is in no way limited to the gift of discernment made by the Spirit to individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or