U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 07:30 PM

5,513 posts, read 2,594,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyawehNyoh View Post
Hijacking is considered bad netiquette. If it is your wish to discuss something other than the mental gymnastics used to get a Friday death and Sunday resurrection to be equal to 3 Days/3 Nights, then you really should start a new thread for it.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I have. I've placed my thread in the general R&S area. There's a problem with the whole Easter timeline reporting. Something doesn't add up and I would like clarification. The Arrest and trial are fully a part of Easter. The two are intricately linked.

But perhaps you would like to explain how my response to was hijacking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Don't give up so quickly. There is a timeline problem to be solved. Not just the three days and nights question but the arrest and crucifixion timeline. There is something not right in the reporting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 06:40 AM

34,527 posts, read 8,904,414 times
Quote:
Hijacking is considered bad netiquette. If it is your wish to discuss something other than the mental gymnastics used to get a Friday death and Sunday resurrection to be equal to 3 Days/3 Nights, then you really should start a new thread for it.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
303guy is right on topic - the timeline between the Crucifixion and resurrection.
Quote:
Open one of your hands and hold it up in front of your face. It doesn't matter which; either hand will do.

Now close the thumb and the index finger of that hand. That will leave the middle finger, the ring finger, and the pinky finger open.

When you are able to produce a night for each of those open fingers between Friday afternoon and Sunday morning; come back and we'll talk. But as far as I'm concerned, we're done here.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I am going to stay and talk, whether you give permission or not. If you wish to talk to me, you had better produce some better argument than this, since a couple of nights (not three) are between the index of Saturday daylight and Sunday daylight, and I can see no dispute about that

Old 04-01-2016, 07:42 AM

10,506 posts, read 4,141,914 times
I kinda stink at all sports so mine went like this.

6 billion people today (back when I was thought about it) will die and not one will come back. all the people that have died in just the last 100 years (back to 1876 when I thought about it) didn't come back. They tried in labs to no avail.

it didn't happen literally. Why would a smart guy like jesus claim this? oh right, he didn't. That sealed it for me.

But it can happen if we understand proteins. but then we realize, after learning some more, that we don't really die because we aren't really "created". What is amazing is that the ancients saw that too. I would have never believed them back then.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:22 AM

696 posts, read 371,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Where does day 1 come from on Friday? He was buried (entombed) in the evening. That's day 0 and night 1.

So technically, that's two days and two nights. Then what time was he found to be arisen? Early morning? That would make it one day and two nights.

But doesn't it say he rose on the third day? That doesn't translate into three days and three nights.

Dear 303,
The "third day" is in reference to "He will raise us up on the third day" (Hosea 6:2), and is with respect to the body of Christ, in the form of Ephraim, and the house of Judah (Hosea 6:12 & Ez 37:12)). This is to happen "after two days"/2000 years, which is in the now. The babel from the false prophet Paul in the form of 1 Cor 15:4, is simply that, babel/babble.

Ez 37:12," Behold I will open your graves and cause you to come out of your graves, My people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel"

Old 01-16-2017, 07:01 AM

335 posts, read 194,200 times
303Guy,
re: " But perhaps you would like to explain how my response to was hijacking?"

Maybe not exactly "hijacking" but it might be off topic. The topic is concerned with the rational used to explain how to account for 3 night times between a 6th day of the week death and a 1st day of the week resurrection. How do you see the arrest/trial as an explanation for the missing night time?

Old 01-16-2017, 10:07 AM

2,653 posts, read 1,383,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Matthew 12:38-40
The Scribes and Pharisees Ask for a Sign
38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from You.”
39 But He answered and said to them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Jesus gave 1 sign and 1 sign only that he would be the Messiah and it was that he would be in the grave 3 days and 3 nights, yet many still are teaching a Friday death and Sunday morning resurrection of 1.5 days to be equal to 3 days/3 nights, even though the Jews never counted time like that.

14th Wednesday Died @ 3PM
and placed in grave right before sunset
15th Thursday Sabbath(Feast of Unleavened Bread) No work allowed
16th Friday
17th Saturday Sabbath- No work allowed & Rose from the grave after sunset on 1st day of the week when Sabbath was over

14th Thursday Died @ 3PM and placed in grave right before sunset
15th Friday-Sabbath(Feast of Unleavened Bread): No work allowed
16th Saturday-Sabbath: No work allowed
17th Sunday -Rose from the Grave

14th Friday Died @
3PM and placed in grave right before sunset
15th Saturday: Dual Sabbath(Feast of Unleavened Bread) No work allowed
16th Sunday
17th Monday-Rose from the Grave

Its only a Wed or Thursday that could work and fit scriptures, as Jesus death on the cross put and end to sacrifices as well.

Daniel 9:26-27King James Version (KJV)
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
Jesus (Samson) was arrested on 1-14 (Passover) but was executed on 3-15.
3-15 is the New wine festival. The παρα-σκευή of the passover. The day of παρα-shekar (hyper-drunkeness).

Jesus was crucified 3 hours after appearing before pilate at noon
If 3 pm was the 1st hour of the crucifixion then 8 pm was the 6th hour.
From 8 pm till 11:30 pm (june 14 of 29 AD. a tuesday) a total lunar eclipse came over all the land.

(The moon being symbolic of God)
When the eclipse ended Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "My God, my God, why did you forsake me?”

Old 12-26-2017, 05:05 AM

303Guy,

You have a question directed to you in post #75.

Old 12-28-2017, 06:03 AM

476 posts, read 121,550 times
Jesus resurrected on Monday, the first day of the week. Mark 16:1 states, "And when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him." Mark 16:2 states, "And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulcher at the rising of the sun."

Old 12-28-2017, 06:25 AM

peacecrusader888,
re: "Jesus resurrected on...the first day of the week. Mark 16:1 states, "And when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him." Mark 16:2 states, "And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulcher at the rising of the sun."

I'm afraid those verses don't say anything about when the resurrection occurred.

Old 12-28-2017, 06:39 AM

476 posts, read 121,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
peacecrusader888,
re: "Jesus resurrected on...the first day of the week. Mark 16:1 states, "And when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him." Mark 16:2 states, "And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulcher at the rising of the sun."

I'm afraid those verses don't say anything about when the resurrection occurred.
The resurrection occurred on the first day of the week. Which is the first day of the week?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or