U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 06:49 AM

335 posts, read 194,200 times

Advertisements

peacecrusader888,
re: "The resurrection occurred on the first day of the week."

I think that is most likely the case. It's just that the 2 verses you posted don't say when the resurrection took place. Only Mark 16:9, as it is translated in the KJV, indicates that it was on the 1st day of the week.

re: "Which is the first day of the week?"

The first day of the week is the first day of the week. What is your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2017, 04:53 PM

476 posts, read 121,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
peacecrusader888,
re: "The resurrection occurred on the first day of the week."

I think that is most likely the case. It's just that the 2 verses you posted don't say when the resurrection took place. Only Mark 16:9, as it is translated in the KJV, indicates that it was on the 1st day of the week.

re: "Which is the first day of the week?"

The first day of the week is the first day of the week. What is your point?
Remember that the shops are closed during the Sabbath. So, the shops were closed during the high day Sabbath, and the regular weekly Saturday Sabbath. But it says in Mark 16:1, "And when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him." The only window of opportunity for them to buy the sweet spices would be on Sunday after THEIR weekly Sabbath. Sunday is a regular trading day, and since it was summer, the trading day was morning opened, closed in the afternoon, reopened at 3 or 4 PM until half to one hour after sundown. It was after THEIR weekly Sunday Sabbath that they were able to buy to sweet spices.

The first day of the week is Monday if the seventh day of the week is Sunday, like the Christians.
The first day of the week is Sunday if the seventh day of the week is Saturday, like the Jews.
The first day of the week is Saturday if the seventh day of the week is Friday, like the Muslims.

Last edited by peacecrusader888; 12-28-2017 at 05:08 PM..

Old 12-28-2017, 05:36 PM

peacecrusader888,

The first day of the week is the first day of the week. It doesn't matter what you call it. You can call it "Bob", but it's still the first day of the week.

Old 12-28-2017, 07:16 PM

In a seven-day week, the seventh day is their Sabbath day. The next day, is the first day of the week. The Jews who were ruling Israel have shut off the working day during the Sabbath.

Old 12-28-2017, 07:41 PM

peacecrusader888,

Let's back up to your post #78. You wrote: "Jesus resurrected on...the first day of the week. Mark 16:1 states, "And when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him." Mark 16:2 states, "And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulcher at the rising of the sun."

I assumed you were referencing those 2 verses in support of a first day of the week resurrection. I commented that the verses don't do that. They simply say that the tomb was empty by the time that the woman arrived. They (the verses) don't say when it became empty. So I don't see how your subsequent posts address my comment.

Old 12-28-2017, 08:27 PM

Quote:
peacecrusader888,

Let's back up to your post #78. You wrote: "Jesus resurrected on...the first day of the week. Mark 16:1 states, "And when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him." Mark 16:2 states, "And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulcher at the rising of the sun."
on Wednesddnsn
I assumed you were referencing those 2 verses in support of a first day of the week resurrection. I commented that the verses don't do that. They simply say that the tomb was empty by the time that the woman arrived. They (the verses) don't say when it became empty. So I don't see how your subsequent posts address my comment.
You were asking when the resurrection occurred, am I correct (Mark 16:9)? You believe that the first day of the week is Sunday, am I correct? You believe that the crucifixion occurred Wednesday, am I correct? Wednesday crucifixion is to prove what Jesus said in Matthew 12:40 about "three days and three nights", am I correct?

Old 12-29-2017, 05:42 AM

peacecrusader888.
re: "You were asking when the resurrection occurred, am I correct..."

No.

re: "You believe that the first day of the week is Sunday, am I correct?"

Yes. In the U.S. the first day of the week is labeled Sunday.

re: "You believe that the crucifixion occurred Wednesday, am I correct?"

No, if by "Wednesday" you are refering to the fourth day of the week.

re: "Wednesday crucifixion is to prove what Jesus said in Matthew 12:40 about 'three days and three nights', am I correct?"

If by "Wednesday" you mean the fourth day of the week, then yes, there are some folks that use the fourth day in order to come up with the third night of the Messiah's prophesy.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
peacecrusader888.
re: "You were asking when the resurrection occurred, am I correct..."

No.
states

re: "You believe that the first day of the week is Sunday, am I correct?"

Yes. In the U.S. the first day of the week is labeled Sunday.

re: "You believe that the crucifixion occurred Wednesday, am I correct?"

No, if by "Wednesday" you are refering to the fourth day of the week.

re: "Wednesday crucifixion is to prove what Jesus said in Matthew 12:40 about 'three days and three nights', am I correct?"

If by "Wednesday" you mean the fourth day of the week, then yes, there are some folks that use the fourth day in order to come up with the third night of the Messiah's prophesy.
You believe that the first day of the week is Sunday. In a seven-day week, the seventh day is the last day and is the Sabbath.

I am not saying the fourth day. I am saying that Wednesday to Sunday is three days. Matthew 12:40 states "three days and three nights".

Last edited by peacecrusader888; 12-29-2017 at 08:46 AM..

Old 12-29-2017, 08:46 AM

peacecrusder888,
re: "You believe that the first day of the week is Sunday."

As I pointed out, U.S. calendars label the first day of the week with the word Sunday.

re: "In a seven-day week, the seventh day is the last day and is the Sabbath."

Yes. What is your point?

Old 12-29-2017, 01:13 PM

13,285 posts, read 4,246,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post

Daniel 9:26-27King James Version (KJV)
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

I hardly ever talk about this thing, but I researched it and found out that I didn't know all the language of Sabbaths. Where you may see somebody talking about a Sabbath, it isn't always the 7th day.

Jesus came, he died, and then he went away.

Just as Daniel prophesied, a covenant of 7 years has been instituted by a false Messiah 2000 years ago. We are all born into this 7 year covenant of walking 42 months in the spring, to then finally realize that the man of sin is within us, the abomination of desolation is in the temple when people rejected the feasts of God. Anti-Christ is to come and change the times and seasons so that the children of Israel do not know the days of their visitation. That was accomplished after Jesus died. The Gentile converts of Judaism accepted all the feasts of Jesus, but when they converted to the holy days and traditions of Tammuz with Christmas and Easter, they accepted that Babylonian/Roman covenant.

The designed plan is to walk 42 months in Ephraim, in the spring and you want to crossover to the fall, but before you can crossover, you have to see the abomination and die to it in the middle of your week.

We are given 7 feasts as 7 days, as 7 years, and when we come up to the middle of this week, WE are the Temple, and then the sacrifices that sustain the temple are taken away so that you can see what you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or