U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 03:21 AM

34,435 posts, read 8,865,664 times

Advertisements

Anyoe washes my feet, they are not just humble..they are heroic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 12:46 PM

9,162 posts, read 2,773,481 times
Let's look at the spiritual aspect of it, because EVERY SINGLE THING IN THERE has a spiritual message for those that are to become the heirs of salvation.

Peter refused at first, and Yeshua told him that he couldn't be His disciple unless he allowed it.

The Head was born first 2000 years ago, and the feet are the last to be birthed, ie. come out from under the covering of the mother, lest they be stillborn, staying under false coverings.

We've all been under false coverings at some point in our walk: the tutors and governors, the fathers (those we looked up to in the nighttime of our souls are but stars that must fall from the sky) and mothers (those that have comforted us but kept us from growing up into mature sons).

But there is a feet company being raised up whose sole purpose will be to walk Him around in the earth, the body He has longed to lay His head upon, the ones He will not be ashamed to call brethren. Blessed are the feet that stand upon Mt. Zion.

These feet will have been washed by the Master, and they in turn shall wash the feet of the others, who have been walking in the dusty, dry land of the rebellious, for the rebellious walk in a dry land. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-27-2016 at 01:33 PM..

Old 03-27-2016, 01:51 PM

598 posts, read 240,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hey, do those of you who observe Holy Week have foot-washing on Holy/Maundy Thursday?

My church does, and I don't attend church on Holy Thursday because of it. I went once and was a little skieved. I find the whole practice hokey and contrived. There is a basin of water up near the altar. The priest and deacon was each other's feet with water from the basin, then the parishioners come up to have theirs done. There's no cream or foot massage or nail polish or nothin', either.

Yes, I can hear the shrieks of "Jesus did it! Jesus did it!" coming from the peanut gallery, but I don't think the actual washing of feet was his point. It was servitude. Feet were washed as a gesture of hospitality in a dusty land where there were no closed-toed shoes.

I'm not participating. Wonder if anyone else feels the same way.
I think they have missed the point completely

We are the feet company and are to wash eat other's feet with the washing with the "water of the word" symbolized by the laver where the priest would wash their feet and hands before entering into the Holies of the Tabernacle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity