U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-24-2016, 12:12 PM
 
10,219 posts, read 10,596,849 times
Reputation: 3055

Advertisements

Woman had an NDE in which she bypassed any judgment and went straight to heaven, In an odd twist, Christian theologians now take the side of atheists and say the woman's brain was starved of oxygen which produced hallucinations of heaven--something straight out of the atheist scientists' manual for disproving God and an afterlife. And why did the Christians side with the atheists? Because

"it contradicts scriptures"


Specifically Hebrews 9:27
[SIZE=2]27 [/SIZE]And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:


Now the irony in all this is that NOBODY knows who wrote Hebrews. It could have been written by the local barber for all we know and it was included in "holy" scripture merely because a council of arguing representatives of different religions in Nicaea in 324 voted to included it purely by chance.


Woman says she woke up in heaven after flatlining during medical procedure | New York's PIX11 / WPIX-TV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-24-2016, 02:14 PM
 
19,952 posts, read 13,032,258 times
Reputation: 1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Woman had an NDE in which she bypassed any judgment and went straight to heaven, In an odd twist, Christian theologians now take the side of atheists and say the woman's brain was starved of oxygen which produced hallucinations of heaven--something straight out of the atheist scientists' manual for disproving God and an afterlife. And why did the Christians side with the atheists? Because

"it contradicts scriptures"


Specifically Hebrews 9:27
[SIZE=2]27 [/SIZE]And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:


Now the irony in all this is that NOBODY knows who wrote Hebrews. It could have been written by the local barber for all we know and it was included in "holy" scripture merely because a council of arguing representatives of different religions in Nicaea in 324 voted to included it purely by chance.


Woman says she woke up in heaven after flatlining during medical procedure | New York's PIX11 / WPIX-TV
Actually, Hebrews was likely considered scripture well before Nicea. But it is consistent with other Biblical texts, so it was included officially in the canon.

But to your first point....if an experience goes against scripture, the Christian ought to side with scripture every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2016, 03:15 PM
 
1,504 posts, read 618,331 times
Reputation: 296
We dont necessarily have the original language meaning of 'die once' in our english translations, but its not that difficult to figure out. It means die once as in death of the body, not how many times, since we also know there is a second death - the death of the I / self / pride - natural and spiritual. I had similar issues when i first came across NDE testimonies, thinking it was all too good to be true. Eventually, one cannot argue with the vast similarities of all NDE experiences, ...well, literalists can. So something else has to be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2016, 03:36 PM
 
10,219 posts, read 10,596,849 times
Reputation: 3055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
the Christian ought to side with scripture every time.

I think, as usual, you're missing the point, Viz. The point is that the Christians agreed with the atheists that NDE's are illusions produced by a brain starving of oxygen. Their premise is that NDE's are not real. Their criteria for deciding if it is real or false is based solely on a 3000 year old book of Bronze-Age goat herders' tales, not modern science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2016, 03:39 PM
 
4,653 posts, read 2,290,402 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Woman had an NDE in which she bypassed any judgment and went straight to heaven, In an odd twist, Christian theologians now take the side of atheists and say the woman's brain was starved of oxygen which produced hallucinations of heaven--something straight out of the atheist scientists' manual for disproving God and an afterlife. And why did the Christians side with the atheists? Because
"it contradicts scriptures"
Specifically Hebrews 9:27
[SIZE=2]27 [/SIZE]And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Now the irony in all this is that NOBODY knows who wrote Hebrews. It could have been written by the local barber for all we know and it was included in "holy" scripture merely because a council of arguing representatives of different religions in Nicaea in 324 voted to included it purely by chance.
Why do you say Nobody knows who wrote Hebrews ?
Isn't Hebrews in harmony with the rest of Scripture ?
Like the rest of Scripture, Hebrews has corresponding or parallel cross-reference verses and passages.

We don't repeatedly die do we ?________
The dead will have 'a ' resurrection during Jesus' coming millennium-long judgement day - Acts 24:15
Those judged as righteous after they are resurrected have a favorable judgement.
Only the wicked have an adverse judgement - Psalm 92:7
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2016, 03:40 PM
 
10,219 posts, read 10,596,849 times
Reputation: 3055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
We dont necessarily have the original language meaning of 'die once' in our english translations, but its not that difficult to figure out. It means die once as in death of the body, not how many times, since we also know there is a second death - the death of the I / self / pride - natural and spiritual. I had similar issues when i first came across NDE testimonies, thinking it was all too good to be true. Eventually, one cannot argue with the vast similarities of all NDE experiences, ...well, literalists can. So something else has to be wrong.

Well, here is a similar NDE that happened last year and this guy is getting pretty famous, I mean like Colton Burpo famous.


Ohio truck driver saw heaven for 45 minutes, then God sent him back | God Reports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2016, 03:47 PM
 
10,219 posts, read 10,596,849 times
Reputation: 3055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Why do you say Nobody knows who wrote Hebrews ?
Isn't Hebrews in harmony with the rest of Scripture ?
Like the rest of Scripture, Hebrews has corresponding or parallel cross-reference verses and passages.

We don't repeatedly die do we ?________
The dead will have 'a ' resurrection during Jesus' coming millennium-long judgement day - Acts 24:15
Those judged as righteous after they are resurrected have a favorable judgement.
Only the wicked have an adverse judgement - Psalm 92:7

Naturally Hebrews lines up with the rest of scripture. If I wrote Corinthians and it all lined up with what Romans taught would that make it holy scripture? That fact you know I was the one who wrote it would give you pause until you heard I was a disciple of John. Then you'd have no problem accepting it, regardless of whether my name was on the text or not. How do we know this wasn't written by a member of Paul's congregation? Does that make it the "inspired" word of God as if God Himself is speaking through this person's handwriting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2016, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Divided Tribes of America
12,920 posts, read 4,975,928 times
Reputation: 5001
It is indeed interesting how conservative Christians side with secular neuroscience when NDEs do not agree with orthodoxy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2016, 04:44 PM
 
7,883 posts, read 6,702,544 times
Reputation: 1375
Actually this lady was baptized four times in her youth, so God had the spiritual authority on her life , to at lest send her back as her time has not come yet because Doctors were still working to revive her , and she was not spiritual prepared to go to heaven ................. Just look at all those parents who will never baptize or dedicate their youth to Jesus , so God would not have any spiritual authority to help these people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2016, 06:41 PM
 
10,219 posts, read 10,596,849 times
Reputation: 3055
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Actually this lady was baptized four times in her youth, so God had the spiritual authority on her life , to at lest send her back as her time has not come yet because Doctors were still working to revive her , and she was not spiritual prepared to go to heaven ................. Just look at all those parents who will never baptize or dedicate their youth to Jesus , so God would not have any spiritual authority to help these people

Arte you actually suggesting the God who made the universe and the quadrillions of galaxies that spin through it is somehow incapable of saving a man simply because of a man's misguided choices based on never having learned about Jesus? Oh ye of little faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top