U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2016, 07:16 AM

4,754 posts, read 1,819,982 times

Advertisements

No matter where I've lived, or my connection to spirituality at the time, I've noticed something:

Good Friday is almost always cool, cloudy, and damp
Easter is almost always sunny and warm
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 07:48 AM

3,015 posts, read 2,059,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
No matter where I've lived, or my connection to spirituality at the time, I've noticed something:

Your connection to spirituality has absolutely NOTHING to do with the weather.
It is neither almost ALWAYS cool, cloudy and damp on Good Friday nor almost ALWAYS sunny and warm on Easter.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:03 AM

19,952 posts, read 12,966,493 times
Quote:

In my area we're predicted to get snow. For that reason, and that it's a very early Easter this year we moved our sunrise service indoors.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:23 AM

7,857 posts, read 6,662,302 times
In Luke 8:23-25 says ....``but as they were sailing along He fell asleep , and a fierce gate of wind descended on the lake , and they began to be swamped and to be in danger ......They came to Jesus saying ..`Mater Master , we are perishing `.....And Jesus got up and rebuked the wind and the surging waves and they stopped and it became calm .....And He said to them `Where is your faith?` They were fearful and amazed saying to one another `Who then is this , that He commands even the winds and the water , and they obey Him ?`.......................................See Jesus rebuked to wind ..Do you think Jesus would rebuke the hand of God for these weather patterns , or would he rebuke the evil spirits of this world for the wind , as the wind became calm ?

Old 03-25-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Your connection to spirituality has absolutely NOTHING to do with the weather.
It is neither almost ALWAYS cool, cloudy and damp on Good Friday nor almost ALWAYS sunny and warm on Easter.
My spirituality has nothing to do with the weather. It's a simple observation.

Jiminy crickets do people read into things. Lol

Old 03-25-2016, 06:26 PM

5,508 posts, read 2,590,605 times
Your observation is holding true in my parts. Yesterday (Good Friday) was cool and wet, today is warm and sunny. I wonder what Sunday will be like? It's predicted to be warm and mostly sunny.

Being in the southern hemisphere, Easter weather would likely be a result of change of season.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:42 PM

1,472 posts, read 1,014,494 times
Quote:

Its been statistically proven that somewhere in the world every Good Friday, an earthquake happens and a Curtain is torn in half!!!...Ok I made that up but that might actually be true if you think about it..

Old 03-25-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Your observation is holding true in my parts. Yesterday (Good Friday) was cool and wet, today is warm and sunny. I wonder what Sunday will be like? It's predicted to be warm and mostly sunny.

Being in the southern hemisphere, Easter weather would likely be a result of change of season.
We are in spring here which is usually warm and humid. Today was cold and rainy. Sunday temps are in the upper 70's with no chance of rain.

I've lived in Texas, Nevada, Michigan, Florida, and Ohio. I've noticed almost every one of my 42 years this has occurred.

I know it's coincidental but still.

Be well our Southern Hemisphere neighbor!

Old 03-27-2016, 07:23 AM

And it is Easter... Bright, sunny, and warm. Already 70 degrees!

Happy Easter everyone

Old 03-27-2016, 11:42 AM

42 posts, read 15,947 times
all days are sunny.. We just have to smile up at the clouds and the sun is waiting up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity