Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 10:45 PM

713 posts, read 1,956,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Which I now agree with. When I posted that I was attending a pro-gay liberal church. The verse the OP used though wasn't the correct one. I hope Christ comes within the next 3-5 years, to spare us from whats coming. Things are starting to unfold that will make the prophecy very easily fulfilled. Look at the natural disasters this year compared to any year before. I haven't seen anything like this. Research the "Peak Oil" theory, which will likely kill off 2/3 of the world population if proven true.

I lean pre-tribulation rapture but I am not set in stone in that view.

I have noticed that too in the last year... I cannot believe the natural disasters that have plagued the whole world. Every week there is some massive problem.

What do you think is coming?

I believe that Christ will come in the next 20-30.

I do not know much about the peak oil theory... tell me about it.

What was it like at a pro gay church?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 11:32 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
I thnik you have to have a long historical perspective to decide that the current problenms are nothing we haven't seen in the past as far as natural disasters. Even katrina pales in comparison to the flooign in 1927 along the missippi. Louisana citizens reamember it because they blew the levys above new Orleans to save N.O. The main reason some thought the levys were blown this time.As far as the end;I heard teh same thing in the 50's and there was even a clock that scientist keep of how close we were to teh end of the world bu nuclear extinction.Predictions have been made of teh end of the world for centuries and centuries based on biblical readings matching the present.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I thnik you have to have a long historical perspective to decide that the current problenms are nothing we haven't seen in the past as far as natural disasters. Even katrina pales in comparison to the flooign in 1927 along the missippi. Louisana citizens reamember it because they blew the levys above new Orleans to save N.O. The main reason some thought the levys were blown this time.As far as the end;I heard teh same thing in the 50's and there was even a clock that scientist keep of how close we were to teh end of the world bu nuclear extinction.Predictions have been made of teh end of the world for centuries and centuries based on biblical readings matching the present.
The Bible states that when the Jews reclaim the land of Israel, the generation that sees this happening will not pass with out the return of Christ.

God has made a number of promises... he has never backed out on one.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:59 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
I have noticed that too in the last year... I cannot believe the natural disasters that have plagued the whole world. Every week there is some massive problem.

What do you think is coming?

I believe that Christ will come in the next 20-30.

I do not know much about the peak oil theory... tell me about it.
All this stuff science is talking about, i.e. global warming, this wild weather I believe is all part of the pieces being set. As for Peak Oil, this is a scientific analysis and take if you what you will, but you can see how these events could fit very well into a 7 year tribulation, especially the famine, starvation, and mass holocaust.

YouTube - You Can Survive Peak Oil -New Energy Crisis, Fuel Shortage 1

There will be SOME kind of global crisis for a world dictator to arise. It makes sense this could be a possibility. I could be wrong, but I have the feeling Christ will return well before 2020. No man knows the day, however, so my guess is just as good as anyones.

Quote:
What was it like at a pro gay church?
It was there the Holy Spirit started to convict me and opened my eyes. It wasn't the luke-warm, feel-good preaching at that apostate church, but a divine intervention that proved the existence of God for me, and that Hell was real and He did have a standard for mankind to live by. I started to feel guilty for attending a church that 'turned the grace of God into lasciviousness (Jude 1:4)' I was raised strict IFB, but I fell away and wanted a church that I could live whatever wicked lifestyle I wanted and not be held accountable. God understands that we will slip up from time to time, even after Salvation, but we should try our best to please God. If we continue to willingly live in sin after Salvation, something is wrong. Christ's theme after healing people was 'go and sin no more', not 'go and do whatever feels good because you're covered'. I am now attending a Southern Baptist church.

Old 06-22-2008, 01:50 AM

I agree with you 100%.

All these disaster. The economy. The oil crisis. It is the start of it all.

Kind of reminds you of Jesus talking Matthew 24 ay?

Good video.... I need to start preparing.

1) get debt free.
2) find the best secure job
3) learn how to live from the earth (or atleast have knowledge)
4) always have stocked food.
5) get a bike
6) study health and nutrition (I just may have to be my own doctor).

Old 06-22-2008, 01:51 AM

P.S. You should check out David Wilkerson's book, "Vision" written in 1973.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:55 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,566 times
You all are looking for signs, I look at the scripture that says : While they are saying "Peace and safety, then comes sudden destruction," 1st Thess. 5.3
A "thief in the night" does not send warnings that he is coming. 1st Thess.5.2

Old 06-22-2008, 09:06 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Like someone said earlier, The Jews are God's timeclock.

Just because the Jewish people have turned their back on God, it does not disqualify what was promised to them 1000s of years ago. God keeps his promises.
Actually, what I said was that Israel is God's time clock, but thanks for remembering that. If people want to know how close we are, all you have to do is watch what is going on with God's chosen people and land. Jews have returned to Israel and are still returning as we speak, fulfilling Biblical prophecy.

As Christians (gentiles) we need to stand united for the Jews and Israel. God blesses those who bless His chosen people. The temple does not have to be rebuilt before the rapture. It will be (or already has been) rebuilt, but couldn't this also be symbolic like others like to point out about everything else? I don't believe it is symbolic, but who's to say that it's not symbolic in reference to the restoration of Israel as a nation? Just a thought.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
You all are looking for signs, I look at the scripture that says : While they are saying "Peace and safety, then comes sudden destruction," 1st Thess. 5.3
A "thief in the night" does not send warnings that he is coming. 1st Thess.5.2
A thief doesn't give a sign but Jesus does. Well at least He told about general signs to give us an idea (not a date) of when he would return. That is why Jesus always said "be prepared and watch." There will be peace in the Middle East and that is when everyone will be saying peace and safety (Ezekiel 38). Then sudden destruction.

Although Christ told us general signs, His return will still be like a thief in the night because we do not know the day nor hour.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Actually, what I said was that Israel is God's time clock, but thanks for remembering that. If people want to know how close we are, all you have to do is watch what is going on with God's chosen people and land. Jews have returned to Israel and are still returning as we speak, fulfilling Biblical prophecy.

As Christians (gentiles) we need to stand united for the Jews and Israel. God blesses those who bless His chosen people. The temple does not have to be rebuilt before the rapture. It will be (or already has been) rebuilt, but couldn't this also be symbolic like others like to point out about everything else? I don't believe it is symbolic, but who's to say that it's not symbolic in reference to the restoration of Israel as a nation? Just a thought.
Good post... I agree!

As for the temple I believe the Antichrist will take if over and be worshiped there. I am not sure when it will be built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity