U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-04-2016, 03:48 PM
 
Location: US
26,342 posts, read 13,966,957 times
Reputation: 1599

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
So Exodus and Deuteronomy are wrong?
Prove it using the Bible.
Here, educate yourself - Preparing for Passover | Jewish Virtual Library
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-04-2016, 04:22 PM
 
741 posts, read 272,248 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
That was not even close to proof.

Educate yourself with the following books.
Exodus
Leviticus
Deuteronomy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2016, 10:43 PM
 
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
5,520 posts, read 2,603,583 times
Reputation: 2788
From what I can make out, the arrest, interrogations, trial and scourging were on Thursday and the crucifixion was on Friday. The last supper was on Wednesday evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2016, 08:51 AM
 
4,059 posts, read 3,717,919 times
Reputation: 3114
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
From what I can make out, the arrest, interrogations, trial and scourging were on Thursday and the crucifixion was on Friday. The last supper was on Wednesday evening.
Still cant explain how Friday evening to Early Sunday morning, a time being of about 1.5 days tops equals 3 days. Jesus said he would be in the grave 3 days and 3 nights, so "IF" he died on a Friday and he was put in the tomb right before sunset around 6pm-ish and rose after the sun went down Saturday night, ealry on the 1st day of the week (Sunday) like the gospels say, that is about 25-26hrs.
Even if he was referring to the moment he died @ 3pm, he still rose rose after the sun went down Saturday night, ealry on the 1st day of the week (Sunday) like the gospels claimed and that is 28-29hrs.

So no matter how you try to spin it, modern Christianity teaches of a man who was in the heart of the earth 1 night and 1 day and a few hours of another night, so technically Jesus isnt the Messiah the bible speaks of at that point, since he lied about being in the grave 3 days and 3 nights.

At this point is where Pastors and devout Christians jump in and say why is it important, who cares, or what does it matter, rather than admit to their errors in teachings and try to research the truth rather than the lie passed down from Rome and continue to pass it on as truth.

These are the words from Jesus himself and he was very specific.
Matthew 12:38-40 (NKJV)

The Scribes and Pharisees Ask for a Sign

38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from You.”
39 But He answered and said to them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2016, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
5,520 posts, read 2,603,583 times
Reputation: 2788
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Still cant explain how Friday evening to Early Sunday morning, a time being of about 1.5 days tops equals 3 days.
.....

so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.[/b]
In the Gospels it says he rose on the third day. There are numerous inconsistencies and contradictions in the bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2016, 06:12 PM
 
707 posts, read 373,379 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
In the Gospels it says he rose on the third day. There are numerous inconsistencies and contradictions in the bible.

Dear 303,
You are referring to what the false prophet Paul and Luke, his supposed associate, wrote. Luke was a witness to nothing. (Luke 1-1-3). The self professed Paul had no first hand knowledge of the event.


After two days on the 3rd day refers to the return of Ephraim/Israel, and Judah, following their judgment. (Hosea 5:11-Hosea 6:2) This was to follow "I will go away and return to My place until they acknowledge their guilt and seek My face." (Hosea 5:14-15) Yeshua will return after 2 days/2 thousand years, after Israel and Judah have "acknowledged their guilt"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2016, 07:58 AM
 
34,725 posts, read 8,964,490 times
Reputation: 4809
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear 303,
You are referring to what the false prophet Paul and Luke, his supposed associate, wrote. Luke was a witness to nothing. (Luke 1-1-3). The self professed Paul had no first hand knowledge of the event.


After two days on the 3rd day refers to the return of Ephraim/Israel, and Judah, following their judgment. (Hosea 5:11-Hosea 6:2) This was to follow "I will go away and return to My place until they acknowledge their guilt and seek My face." (Hosea 5:14-15) Yeshua will return after 2 days/2 thousand years, after Israel and Judah have "acknowledged their guilt"
Ah, now you put your finger on it. Can we take Luke as reliable? Can we believe the Antipas episode that nobody else knows about? Can we believe the declaration in the synagogue episode that nobody knows about, even though Matthew and Mark refer to the same 'rejection at Nazareth' remark? If not, can we doubt that the famous parables of the good Samaritan and the prodigal son, unknown to Mark or Matthew are his own invention?

If so, given that Luke wrote Acts, when we find how he got his history mixed up and reading with incredulity the silly episode of the hammock of wrigglies (Acts 10.10), can we take either Luke or Acts on trust?

Then, when we look at Matthew, is he, with his string of absurdities like the mobile star, shekel -eating fish and sinking Simon, herodian massacre and outbreak of zombies, descending angel and tomb guard that none of the other writers seem to be aware of, never mind a morning appearance of Jesus that nobody else reports, any more credible than Luke?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2016, 08:28 PM
 
Location: US
26,342 posts, read 13,966,957 times
Reputation: 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
That was not even close to proof.

Educate yourself with the following books.
Exodus
Leviticus
Deuteronomy
I just love it when a Christian tells a Jew that he is not correct about his own religion...lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2016, 12:02 AM
 
37,587 posts, read 25,288,180 times
Reputation: 5860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I just love it when a Christian tells a Jew that he is not correct about his own religion...lol...
They may be correct about their religion but they are incorrect about the Messiah they SHOULD have been looking for. Their fixation on a worldly King is why they missed Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2016, 06:51 AM
 
Location: US
26,342 posts, read 13,966,957 times
Reputation: 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
They may be correct about their religion but they are incorrect about the Messiah they SHOULD have been looking for. Their fixation on a worldly King is why they missed Christ.
Because that is who G-d told them to be on the lookout for...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top