Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2016, 07:43 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Perhaps you should leave this post if all you want to do is try and insult me. Sure go ahead and think you have it all figured out...after all when you think you have it all figured out..that's where your learning stops. Like I said some think ignorance is bliss...that is certainly not me.
All I want to do is insult YOU??? Better reread your posts. I ignored more than a few, so clearly if that was my only interest, I wouldn't have passed up numerous opportunities.

No, I don't think I have it all figured out. In fact, I don't try to figure any of it out. It's His job to teach the willing, and I've been willing, that's all. And it would take a thousand lifetimes to learn all He has hidden in those pages, and even then it wouldn't be enough. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 08:11 PM

598 posts, read 358,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Let us pray! As a Viet Nam vet I had great care at VA especially at BAy Pines in St. Pete's. I agree with
above posters that a second opinion be considered.,but you first must get by the primary to a Rheumatologist IF you haven't been referred. Also pain management . Reschedule MRI. To avoid drug dependency. Inquire about high frequency therapy.
Thank you, I am scheduled for the MRI on Wednesday in Daytona.......... the X-Ray team there is pretty nice but they will not do anything to reduce the pain for the test. Laying down without a device I have for keeping the vertebrae off of the nerves that I cannot take into the tube is going to be extremely painful, and to do the test once without contrast and then with the stuff in me is going to take about 2 hours. Just the simple plate x-rays had me shaking by the time they were done with me so this test for 2 hours is going to really suck

Unfortunately they are not letting me go to gainesville.............. this government of ours and all of its red tape is in sad shape

Old 03-27-2016, 08:17 PM

598 posts, read 358,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Excellent advice.

I wish you well, Livelystone. And an end to the run-around.
Thank you

Old 03-27-2016, 08:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Thank you
I feel for you. I'm also wondering why they're putting you in the tube that long. I've just been through something similar, though not as severe, and my orthopedist said he doesn't let anyone go in for that long. He also prescribes pain meds and tranquilizers as needed. Dang.. two hours is a LOT....much less when you're suffering.

The MRI people also had a brace-like device to help while I was in the tube. If you can't have your's ask if they can devise something....cause it's just nuts they'd put you through that.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:27 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
All I want to do is insult YOU??? Better reread your posts. I ignored more than a few, so clearly if that was my only interest, I wouldn't have passed up numerous opportunities.
I suppose you will call it insulting when I point out that you don't know how to discern credible from non-credible sites and that you made several false claims that again I pointed out. Also when I point out that you have no understanding of genetics in spite of your claims that you do. I suppose is also seemed insulting that you claim to avoid religion like the plague but yet you are immersed in it. Are you simply just intellectually dishonest with yourself?

There is nothing insulting about pointing out a persons ignorance. I think it's more insulting to just ignore it and allow them to think that their posts are accurate when they are the farthest from the truth.

I can back up all of my observations about your posts with credible links. You were unable to do the same for yourself.
Quote:
No, I don't think I have it all figured out. In fact, I don't try to figure any of it out. It's His job to teach the willing, and I've been willing, that's all. And it would take a thousand lifetimes to learn all He has hidden in those pages, and even then it wouldn't be enough. Peace
Actually all the answers are within in us...you just have to learn how to quite your mind in order to extract them. But that's another discussion on a different thread.

It's odd to me how anyone can think they are working on spiritual development by simply believing the things that you do.

Why would a god speak to people all over the world in all the different religions that claim a god but tell each of them very different contradictory things? Perhaps this rather glaring discrepancy can be explained if we examine the fact that your relationship with god seems to be precisely shaped by the culture in which you were raised and the predominant version of god you were taught to believe in.

Sure there are exceptions but religion typically obeys boarders....while TRUTH does not. You were not born into the world thinking the things that you have posted. In America god is yahweh, while in India god is vishnu. Truth does not behave this way...in America 2+2=4 and in India 2+2 also = 4.

If this gods message to us were so dire, so vitally important, then why wouldn't this god give this message to ALL of us in such a clear and precise way so that we would all be in agreement as evident in a simple math problem in which there is Universal agreement?

Rather than trusting his precious message to be spread by fallible corruptible human beings...which is exactly what we have seen ever since the invention of religion. Why would an almighty god allow the continuation of such widespread falsehoods in his name which would be effortless for him to correct? He would never even have a need to correct in the first place because a perfect being would have gotten right from the very beginning.

There is nothing spiritually enlightening about indoctrination.

Last edited by Matadora; 03-27-2016 at 08:36 PM..

Old 03-27-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Thank you, I am scheduled for the MRI on Wednesday in Daytona.......... the X-Ray team there is pretty nice but they will not do anything to reduce the pain for the test. Laying down without a device I have for keeping the vertebrae off of the nerves that I cannot take into the tube is going to be extremely painful, and to do the test once without contrast and then with the stuff in me is going to take about 2 hours. Just the simple plate x-rays had me shaking by the time they were done with me so this test for 2 hours is going to really suck.
They can give you pain meds for the MRI. Trust me I had a hand bone infection (pain that had me curled up in fetal position shaking), and I was on morphine and hydrocodone when they performed the MRI. You cannot be shaking while they are performing the MRI...you have to be very still during this process. I can assure you that they will give you pain meds if you are shaking and unable to lie down without pain.

Quote:
Unfortunately they are not letting me go to gainesville.............. this government of ours and all of its red tape is in sad shape
I am so sorry to hear this...but at least the MRI radiologist will be the one reading the MRI...not your incompetent doctor.

Immediately dismiss her from your care and ask them for another doctor. That is your right as a patient.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I suppose you will call it insulting when I point out that you don't know how to discern credible from non-credible sites and that you made several false claims that again I pointed out. Also when I point out that you have no understanding of genetics in spite of your claims that you do. I suppose is also seemed insulting that you claim to avoid religion like the plague but yet you are immersed in it. Are you simply just intellectually dishonest with yourself?

There is nothing insulting about pointing out a persons ignorance. I think it's more insulting to just ignore it and allow them to think that their posts are accurate when they are the farthest from the truth.

I can back up all of my observations about your posts with credible links. You were unable to do the same for yourself.

Actually all the answers are within in us...you just have to learn how to quite your mind in order to extract them. But that's another discussion on a different thread.

It's odd to me how anyone can think they are working on spiritual development by simply believing the things that you do.

Why would a god speak to people all over the world in all the different religions that claim a god but tell each of them very different contradictory things? Perhaps this rather glaring discrepancy can be explained if we examine the fact that your relationship with god seems to be precisely shaped by the culture in which you were raised and the predominant version of god you were taught to believe in.

Sure there are exceptions but religion typically obeys boarders....while TRUTH does not. You were not born into the world thinking the things that you have posted. In America god is yahweh, while in India god is vishnu. Truth does not behave this way...in America 2+2=4 and in India 2+2 also = 4.

If this gods message to us were so dire, so vitally important, then why wouldn't this god give this message to ALL of us in such a clear and precise way so that we would all be in agreement as evident in a simple math problem in which there is Universal agreement?

Rather than trusting his precious message to be spread by fallible corruptible human beings...which is exactly what we have seen ever since the invention of religion. Why would an almighty god allow the continuation of such widespread falsehoods in his name which would be effortless for him to correct? He would never even have a need to correct in the first place because a perfect being would have gotten right from the very beginning.

There is nothing spiritually enlightening about indoctrination.

I simply could not find the links for the people I was looking for, that would lead me in the right direction, as I cannot remember their name at the moment. I know personally a NASA scientist, and I know of a physicist who went to Russia a decade ago or longer that related what I told you, pertaining to 70 scientists, mostly physicists, who met. As for the other sites, I don't think you can summarily dismiss all of them with any certainty. And of course you know, a few years ago, likely a confession of belief in G-d would have endangered grants in our country in some areas, and been life-threatening in countries like Russia.

You don't understand the difference between religion and spirituality, because (as it appears to me in your posts) to you anything that has the bible attached to it is religion, and anything that doesn't is spiritual. So while I tell you that I'm not religious I'm spiritual, it makes no sense to you because you can't see the difference if the bible is my foundation.

The Word of G-d is the level and the Spirit of G-d is the plumbline and it takes both to build the house, or they labor in vain. So NO, I'm not being intellectually dishonest. And so of course, it would seem odd to you that anyone could be working on spiritual development believing the things that I KNOW, not just believe. Belief is of faith, but knowledge comes from experience. And you're also wrong about the culture and my upbringing. I was raised by non-practicing Jewish agnostics, actually.

As for why G-d allowed so many religions to spring up, it would take more of a foundation to explain, than you'd have the patience to sit through. I will say however, that it pleased Him to do so for His own purposes in the end, just like everything else. It all exists from Him, through Him, for Him and by Him, and none of it took Him by surprise or altered His ultimate plan in any way. He will have what He has declared and I for one, am living proof of it. Peace

Old 03-27-2016, 10:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
There are two posters on this thread I don't believe.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:35 PM

Quote:
I simply could not find the links for the people I was looking for, that would lead me in the right direction, as I cannot remember their name at the moment.
It really does not matter as I am not really interested in the point you are trying to make. You made an absurd claim and I knew you could not back it up.
Quote:
As for the other sites, I don't think you can summarily dismiss all of them with any certainty.
Yes I can dismiss them with certainty. Creationism is a religious invention with zero supporting evidence. Do you wonder why the Dover case miserably lost? Read the trial transcript summary if you want to know why creationism is rubbish.
Quote:
And of course you know, a few years ago, likely a confession of belief in G-d would have endangered grants in our country in some areas, and been life-threatening in countries like Russia.
More absurd claims. It is illegal to intentionally discriminate against an employee or harass them based on their religious beliefs here in the US. Employers are required to accommodate an employee's religious beliefs or practices in regards to things such as dress and grooming policy and flexible scheduling.
Quote:
You don't understand the difference between religion and spirituality, because (as it appears to me in your posts)
Of course I do, however, my posts were about helping the OP and calling out all of your absurd bs claims.
Quote:
to you anything that has the bible attached to it is religion,
Well anyone who knows anything about the bible would know that the bible is the religious text for Judaism and Christianity. You do realize that Judaism and Christianity are religions right? Jews and Christians consider the books of the bible to be a product of divine inspiration or an authoritative record of the relationship between god and humans. So yes anything attached to the bible is for religious purposes.
Quote:
and anything that doesn't is spiritual.
That’s correct. Spirituality has nothing to do with religion. Here are 7 very clear distinctions between spiritually and religion. Your posts are represented by the religious distinctions below.
  • There are no rules to Spirituality
  • Spirituality is based only on love and not fear
  • Religion tells you what to believe – Spirituality lets you discover it
  • Religion divides and separates, Spirituality unites
  • Religion tells you that you must walk their path, Spirituality encourages you to walk your own path
  • Religion tells us that we are born sinners, Spirituality does no such thing
  • Religion teaches you that you are not responsible for your actions, Spirituality teaches you that you alone are fully responsibly for your actions and the life that you live
Quote:
So while I tell you that I'm not religious I'm spiritual, it makes no sense to you because you can't see the difference if the bible is my foundation.
It makes no sense because of your posts depicting a non-Spiritual but deeply religious tone.
Quote:
  • It's His job to teach the willing, and I've been willing, that's all. And it would take a thousand lifetimes to learn all He has hidden in those pages, and even then it wouldn't be enough.
  • I know personally how insane the carnal mind is, that prides itself on intellect in the face of spiritual reality encroaching on it's protected and exalted territory of reason.
  • Nevertheless, as Nebuchadnezzar learned the hard way, heaven rules in the affairs of men and only fools don't realize it.
  • Your opinion and a buck will still only get you a cup of coffee....maybe
  • And your circles being not kingdom circles or you wouldn't have had to ask me the question.
  • One is the mirror of the Word, that's what I'm saying. Study the Word, and you will know things that are way beyond your pay grade, even yours.
  • The farther man got away from walking with G-d, the more sin accumulated, and the worse it was for humanity at large,
  • Bet you didn't know Jacob saw the mirror image of the DNA "ladder", the one that carries blessings instead of cursing’s, did you?
  • The Word of G-d is the level and the Spirit of G-d is the plumbline and it takes both to build the house, or they labor in vain.
There is not nor has there ever been an authoritative word of god. This is just what religions teach. They all teach it but it’s their god and not the god you worship.
Quote:
So NO, I'm not being intellectually dishonest. And so of course, it would seem odd to you that anyone could be working on spiritual development believing the things that I KNOW, not just believe.
It's clearly odd…did you read those posts of yours that I quoted above?
Quote:
Belief is of faith, but knowledge comes from experience.

Quote:
And you're also wrong about the culture and my upbringing. I was raised by non-practicing Jewish agnostics, actually.
Nope you just did not read what I posted. I mentioned that sure there are exceptions but religion typically obeys boarders....while TRUTH does not.
Quote:
As for why G-d allowed so many religions to spring up, it would take more of a foundation to explain, than you'd have the patience to sit through.
You will have to take this up with the person who asked why god allowed so many religions to spring up. I never asked or implied this.
Quote:
I will say however, that it pleased Him to do so for His own purposes in the end, just like everything else. It all exists from Him, through Him, for Him and by Him, and none of it took Him by surprise or altered His ultimate plan in any way. He will have what He has declared and I for one, am living proof of it.
This is about as nonsensical as posts #32 and #42.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:10 AM

Matadora, it's apples and oranges, sigh. We will continue to talk past one another because we are speaking a different language. I wish you well. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity