U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-28-2016, 06:31 PM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,466,900 times
Reputation: 1571

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
See, here's the problem. You think I'm the ONLY one, and that translates somehow into me being "special". Let me alleviate you of that misconception right now, as if you didn't already know it, lol; I'm not special and I'm definitely not the only one.

I know others who have had similar healings including the dreaded C word, and prayed for others still who received healings. It's only a rarity in your circles; the kingdom is hid from those that are not walking in it, just as it was hidden from me before I was.

I remember well how shocked I was to discover there were actually people in the world like this, so I do understand your position, believe me. Peace


And yet as in the first time you made these claims , there is no actual proof of any of this, just anecdotal evidence from those with an intense desire to believe in such things, and all doctors involved with these miracles seem to have just had a ho hum attitude to their patients getting miraculously healed from life ending conditions with nothing ever printed in any medical journals about it .

It always happens under the radar somehow .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-28-2016, 06:49 PM
 
6,822 posts, read 3,139,069 times
Reputation: 2376
I hope today is a better day Livelystone. You are still in my thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2016, 02:16 AM
 
1,489 posts, read 613,331 times
Reputation: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
And yet as in the first time you made these claims , there is no actual proof of any of this, just anecdotal evidence from those with an intense desire to believe in such things, and all doctors involved with these miracles seem to have just had a ho hum attitude to their patients getting miraculously healed from life ending conditions with nothing ever printed in any medical journals about it .

It always happens under the radar somehow .
A ho hum response is perfectly permissible and on the spectrum. Read this:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+9

I also read a guardian Sam Parnia article yesterday, on Matadoras suggestion:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...lazarus-effect

It was interesting to note the different treatments for a heart attack victim whether you went into the cardiac wing or the ordinary triage - they either do or don't believe in cooling the body down.

And you want to argue about whether God heals. Different page, different book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2016, 08:03 AM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,466,900 times
Reputation: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
A ho hum response is perfectly permissible and on the spectrum. Read this:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+9

I also read a guardian Sam Parnia article yesterday, on Matadoras suggestion:

Sam Parnia

It was interesting to note the different treatments for a heart attack victim whether you went into the cardiac wing or the ordinary triage - they either do or don't believe in cooling the body down.

And you want to argue about whether God heals. Different page, different book.



Your post is essentially meaningless as it doesn't address anything I said . Quoting the Bible doesn't prove healings, and neither does a Dr developing a better resuscitation method .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2016, 08:07 AM
 
598 posts, read 241,118 times
Reputation: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
And yet as in the first time you made these claims , there is no actual proof of any of this, just anecdotal evidence from those with an intense desire to believe in such things, and all doctors involved with these miracles seem to have just had a ho hum attitude to their patients getting miraculously healed from life ending conditions with nothing ever printed in any medical journals about it .

It always happens under the radar somehow .
I have records in the VA of a "spontaneous remission" of what was determined to be lung cancer within just a few hours of praying with another servant of God for my healing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2016, 08:08 AM
 
598 posts, read 241,118 times
Reputation: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I hope today is a better day Livelystone. You are still in my thoughts.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2016, 08:20 AM
 
1,489 posts, read 613,331 times
Reputation: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Your post is essentially meaningless as it doesn't address anything I said . Quoting the Bible doesn't prove healings, and neither does a Dr developing a better resuscitation method .
No, it's not meaningless. It implies there's a spectrum of belief. And you're not on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2016, 08:43 AM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,466,900 times
Reputation: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
No, it's not meaningless. It implies there's a spectrum of belief. And you're not on it.


Again , meaningless to the point being made . To quote from your own article

" it was not a miracle that brought him back to life , it was science ".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2016, 08:49 AM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,466,900 times
Reputation: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
I have records in the VA of a "spontaneous remission" of what was determined to be lung cancer within just a few hours of praying with another servant of God for my healing


Spontaneous remissions happen naturally. Your body fights disease all the time . Sometimes people are misdiagnosed in both directions , in having diseases they don't actually have and sometimes serious diseases being missed . I have a friend whose wife was just diagnosed with terminal cancer even though she has consistently had both mammograms and X-rays to be on the lookout for it . When they found the cancer through finally resorting to a CT scan to find the source of pain, they went back and did another mammogram and chest X-ray . Both still showed nothing even though she has had it long enough for it to have spread and her to have only a few months left .


Irrefutable stuff like spinal injuries healed or amputated limbs regrowing, things beyond question, simply never happen . And why is it that these healings never make medical journals ? The concept that doctors just accept this and move on is as silly as believing a mechanic is brought a car that is running somehow perfectly fine without its spark plugs , and all the mechanic says is "well cool. Wonder how that happens ? Bring it back in 6 months and let's see if it's still running OK without an ignition method for the gas . That's just wild ."

Last edited by wallflash; 03-29-2016 at 08:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2016, 09:08 AM
 
1,489 posts, read 613,331 times
Reputation: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Again , meaningless to the point being made . To quote from your own article

" it was not a miracle that brought him back to life , it was science ".
I was talking about spectrum of belief. You're talking about science. Two different pages, two different books. But you can read both. Just different rules in either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top