U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2016, 01:22 PM

8 posts, read 6,766 times

Advertisements

If dying is God's plan for you, than do not worry, because you'll be walking the streets of gold with him up in heaven. If living is God's plan for you, than either way, God's got you. You will never fall and hit the ground, God will catch you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 01:50 PM

4,851 posts, read 1,463,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Finished my last test that included two scans and one MRI. No sense speculating ahead of time as I am sure I'm going to get some definitive answers and prognosis

Just before the MRI one neurologist said in his estimation surgery was out of the question it was just too massive an area and too many tumors. They have made it clear that I am dealing with an end-of-life situation although radiation may ease some pain

They also blame on the VA for taking two years to do what what should have taken two weeks at most and way to many anti inflammatories for pain relief

They will take a biopsy in the AM

Always look up as our redemption draws ever closer every day

Blessings to all,

Doug

Wow . Horrible news . Sorry to hear this . Glad though to see you seem to be ready to deal with it .

Old 03-30-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
No. What is being discussed is your incapacity to believe. See post #127 (page13). ...talk about being 'given over' to believing lies. I just wish there was the slightest notion of repentance in your heart toward Abba - since if there is not, you can commence the fire of purging just as soon as He commands - He will have us, His way. Love, Age.

I'm not sure what lie you think I believe here , since I have not stated a belief in anything particular but have questioned some claims . As far as my incapacity to believe, I am perfectly capable of believing things for which there is evidence to believe in. I simply am not inclined to believe outrageous claims on the internet that have no evidence to support them . Just here in this very forum I have spoken with

* a poster who claims to be God
* a different poster who seems to think he is Christ, or at least seems to post that way
* a poster that believes God has communicated the destruction of the world to him/her by way of watermarks on various things in his life, and who says he ( the poster ) somehow can keep the lock closed that would open the door to the end I guess
* a poster who believes that he communes with God through deep meditation every day, that all other Christians are wrong and God is simply the Universe
* a separate poster that meets God through meditation every day that believes that there is no Hell but only a loving God
* there are people on other forums that claim to be able to astral travel .

According to your formula , I should believe each and every one of them without question, because they say it is so.

Last edited by wallflash; 03-30-2016 at 02:30 PM..

Old 03-30-2016, 02:38 PM

1,489 posts, read 611,823 times
You're avoiding the subject my friend, of your relationship to and with God. You once believed - remember, your 'which sciences creationists must reject' thread - do I have to go and find the post where you said you were an elder in the Baptist Church!? It is either (a) pretentious nonsense that you now 'need evidence' for anything and everything people say and cannot accept even simple statements in good faith, (b) you never did believe and were therefore a fraud (...no shortage of them in the church) or (c) you did believe, something went wrong and you inadvertently rejected God, by throwing the baby (relationship with God) out with the bath water (bad experiences from wrong thinking). As regards your early life, did you never have ANY affirming thoughts / feelings associated with knowing God?

...I know someone who knew God, baptised and all that, but because they had no feelings that lined up with what they knew, abandoned their faith.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
You're avoiding the subject my friend, of your relationship to and with God. You once believed - remember, your 'which sciences creationists must reject' thread - do I have to go and find the post where you said you were an elder in the Baptist Church!? It is either (a) pretentious nonsense that you now 'need evidence' for anything and everything people say and cannot accept even simple statements in good faith, (b) you never did believe and were therefore a fraud (...no shortage of them in the church) or (c) you did believe, something went wrong and you inadvertently rejected God, by throwing the baby (relationship with God) out with the bath water (bad experiences from wrong thinking). As regards your early life, did you never have ANY affirming thoughts / feelings associated with knowing God?

...I know someone who knew God, baptised and all that, but because they had no feelings that lined up with what they knew, abandoned their faith.

The subject here is not my relationship with God, and never has been . But I don't know why you think you need to bring up an older post, as I have never denied here that I said it . Why would I?

Nonetheless , it seems unkind to continue an argument here after LS bad news . I wouldn't mind taking this up elsewhere if you feel the need, but not here when the OP has received such bad news .

Old 03-30-2016, 04:02 PM

598 posts, read 240,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I would say unbelievable, but having been a victim myself several times of inept and uncaring people in the medical profession, not much surprises me anymore.

G-d be with you, may He show Himself strong in your weakness. Peace and blessings to you....
Just had a meeting with the cancer doctor and I will say it ended with me feeling much better than I did before the meeting. The plan is to get a biopsy in the morning and confirm what is it that has the appearance and all the characteristics of cancerous tumors located on several of my vertebrae's and in a couple of areas pushing through into the core causing my hands to go numb and be of little use.

He said their plan is to find out what it is, where it started, and where has it gone? If I choose not to do radiation to shrink the tumor that would save pain I am guaranteed to become paralyzed in a very short period of time

The other issue is of paper shell thickness bone structures in my spine due to entirely too much anti-inflammatories attacking the marrow in the bone and then rotting them from the inside out.

I realize none of this sounds pretty but for the first time in two years I am amongst people who will do their best and who are among the best available for my needs

Incidentally, they did complete scans of my lungs, chest cavity, stomach and there were no traces of any cancerous activity whatsoever. It is all located on my spine.

In him,

Doug

Old 03-30-2016, 04:25 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,333,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Just had a meeting with the cancer doctor and I will say it ended with me feeling much better than I did before the meeting. The plan is to get a biopsy in the morning and confirm what is it that has the appearance and all the characteristics of cancerous tumors located on several of my vertebrae's and in a couple of areas pushing through into the core causing my hands to go numb and be of little use.

He said their plan is to find out what it is, where it started, and where has it gone? If I choose not to do radiation to shrink the tumor that would save pain I am guaranteed to become paralyzed in a very short period of time

The other issue is of paper shell thickness bone structures in my spine due to entirely too much anti-inflammatories attacking the marrow in the bone and then rotting them from the inside out.

I realize none of this sounds pretty but for the first time in two years I am amongst people who will do their best and who are among the best available for my needs

Incidentally, they did complete scans of my lungs, chest cavity, stomach and there were no traces of any cancerous activity whatsoever. It is all located on my spine.

In him,

Doug
I'm glad you're getting some answers, Doug. VERY sorry you had to fall in the mess that is our VA. Hopefully they can make a solid plan and you can go from there to make your decisions.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:05 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,778,598 times
Me too, Doug. Prayers going up.....Peace

Old 03-30-2016, 07:52 PM

6,814 posts, read 3,132,486 times
Glad to hear it.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:10 PM

2,491 posts, read 1,253,079 times
Thanks for the update Livelystone. I've been thinking about you all day today! Sending you a big hug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or