U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2016, 03:45 PM

2,728 posts, read 848,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Sounds like you have no clue what the message of Romans 8 is, or what the end result of Revelation is. Peace
Please tell me. Also, does god have your life and death completely planned out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 03:49 PM

37,500 posts, read 25,232,088 times
Quote:
Sounds like you have no clue what the message of Romans 8 is, or what the end result of Revelation is. Peace
If you understood Revelation at all, I would be very impressed. Would you care to enlighten me because I haven't a clue?

Old 03-31-2016, 03:59 PM

1,489 posts, read 611,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If you understood Revelation at all, I would be very impressed. Would you care to enlighten me because I haven't a clue?
That's straightforward request Mystic. J Preston Eby has it covered. Come back in 6 months and précis it for me.

Kingdom Bible Studies Table of Contents

Old 03-31-2016, 04:01 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,778,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Please tell me. Also, does god have your life and death completely planned out?

Interesting thing about the Amalekites. They were mentioned in the bible for having their ears pierced. See, you put a nail through the ear of a slave and into your door post, and that marks him as yours. Who is your master? Peace

Old 03-31-2016, 04:09 PM

13,280 posts, read 4,238,900 times
Quote:
Interesting thing about the Amalekites. They were mentioned in the bible for having their ears pierced. See, you put a nail through the ear of a slave and into your door post, and that marks him as yours. Who is your master? Peace

Just a side note as always.

Yup, the earring is the metal of the master, the voice, the spirit of the master. Israel was finally presented with earrings at leaving Egypt because Egypt had refused them freedom, and so God made them give up those earrings, but the earrings they took from Egyptians was then used for a sign of freedom and now they would have God as their masters and his voice in their ears.

When they took off their earrings to make a golden calf, they may as well have cut their ears off, rejecting the voice of the master. I love that slave stuff, but when the slave does not want to be free, you take him out in public and humiliate him because he chose slavery instead of his freedom.

Old 03-31-2016, 04:34 PM

598 posts, read 240,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Good point ^ above ^ because in the model Our Father prayer - Luke 11:2-4 - we do Not pray to be taken away -> to the kingdom, nor pray to take me ^up^ to the kingdom, but for the kingdom to come, and God's will (purpose) be done right here on earth as it is done in heaven.

We know in heaven there is: No crime, No violence, No war, No pollution, No sickness and No death in heaven.
So, we are praying for those good conditions that already exist in heaven to come and exist here on earth.
As Isaiah 33:24 says, " No one will say," I am sick...."
1st Corinthians 15:26 that our last enemy death will be brought to nothing. Also Isaiah 25:8
And mankind will see the return on earth of the Genesis ' tree of life ' for the healing of earth's nations. - Rev. 22:2
Good post,

A man did not teach you this........... other than the Son of Man Christ in you

Old 03-31-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Were the Amalekites slaves and if so who was their master? >ears<

Would you go off and slaughter babies if your god told you to Rbbi1? Does god speak directly to you on a two way conversation by any chance?

jesus said to Samuel to tell Saul
Quote:
This is what the Lord Almighty says... Now go, attack the Amalekites... put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...%20Samuel%2015

Old 03-31-2016, 04:40 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,778,598 times
Obviously, yours does....

Old 03-31-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Obviously, yours does....
Who you talking to and "yours does" what?

Stuck? Can't quote who you are talking to?

Old 03-31-2016, 05:20 PM

4,851 posts, read 1,463,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
The manifestations of sons is on earth not in heaven

Do you know the Lords prayer?.......... if so does it say for us (Christians) to pray to go to the Kingdom of Heaven or to pray for the Kingdom of Heaven to come to earth.
I must admit curiousity about yours and Rbbi1's beliefs after reading this thread . I would have pegged both of you as Pentecostals, but you seem to deride them and Rbbi1 speaks derisively of hirelings , presumably preachers or faith healers .

Care to clarify your beliefs, worship, affiliation with other Christians and sects , if any? No ambush attacks , I promise . I am just truly interested in both of yours beliefs and religion, as it sounds like nothing I have ever heard of before .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or