U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-01-2016, 05:56 PM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,467,900 times
Reputation: 1571

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Nobody follows Jesus because the Jews made a claim. Again, people know the God of the bible, and he works in the lives of people.


People believe in the wisdom of God and his word and people who believe in God believe that the bible is the inspired word of God, and there hasn't been any book or codex of any other religion that could stand side by side with the beauty and excellence of the bible in teaching a person to be self sacrificing, teaching decent lifestyles and forgiveness. Teaching people to love their neighbors and their enemies as well.


Even if there was no God, the teaching of God are worthy to follow and doctors have even proven that prayer and church will extend a man's life.


If I have swallowed the whole lie, then the worst I have done is to learn love instead of anger, to love charity and self sacrifice.


What other excellent religion teaches such forgiveness and lifestyles that are moral, decent and healthy as does the bible?


What other excellent work would stand beside the bible telling you to love your enemy, to bless those that curse you, and to turn the other cheek when assaulted?


Love begets love.


People don't follow because a Jew says so, they follow because it is righteous to follow.
I don't believe I ever said that people follow Jesus because the Jews think they are Gods chosen people . Please stick with what I actually said . I simply stated that people make a mistake in accepting that the Jews are Gods chosen people simply because the Jews claim it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-01-2016, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
13,337 posts, read 4,265,729 times
Reputation: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I don't believe I ever said that people follow Jesus because the Jews think they are Gods chosen people . Please stick with what I actually said . I simply stated that people make a mistake in accepting that the Jews are Gods chosen people simply because the Jews claim it .

God claims it over and over.


We believe in the God of the bible and he has his own chosen people but Jesus came to take brides from gentiles, NOT JEWS.


John went out as a friend of the bridegroom who prepared the way for the bridegroom to betroth ALL GENTILES in a promised redeeming marriage that made them,'' Israel,'' God's chosen people.


There is the physical Israel and they really are God's people, but gentiles who believe in Jesus are betrothed in order to redeem them into Israel because if you are not Israel, you have no covenant.


Jesus didn't come to be betrothed to Jews, Jews were already Israel, and they were already in a betrothal.


A Jew came from God's special people and he betrothed himself to gentiles{as was promised} to make them God's special people although it does not cancel out the need for Jews and Gentiles to become one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2016, 07:19 PM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,467,900 times
Reputation: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
God claims it over and over.


We believe in the God of the bible and he has his own chosen people but Jesus came to take brides from gentiles, NOT JEWS.


John went out as a friend of the bridegroom who prepared the way for the bridegroom to betroth ALL GENTILES in a promised redeeming marriage that made them,'' Israel,'' God's chosen people.


There is the physical Israel and they really are God's people, but gentiles who believe in Jesus are betrothed in order to redeem them into Israel because if you are not Israel, you have no covenant.


Jesus didn't come to be betrothed to Jews, Jews were already Israel, and they were already in a betrothal.


A Jew came from God's special people and he betrothed himself to gentiles{as was promised} to make them God's special people although it does not cancel out the need for Jews and Gentiles to become one.
You mean of course the book written by Israelites claims it over and over .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2016, 10:04 PM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,790,525 times
Reputation: 658
No, He means G-d said it over and over in the writings He transcribed to the Israelites, and He then proved it with extraordinary supernatural manifestations taking place over thousands of years illustrating that transcription. No other group of people in the world can claim such. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2016, 10:47 PM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,467,900 times
Reputation: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, He means G-d said it over and over in the writings He transcribed to the Israelites, and He then proved it with extraordinary supernatural manifestations taking place over thousands of years illustrating that transcription. No other group of people in the world can claim such. Peace


Groups of believers from all faiths routinely claimed supernatural things to support their beliefs . It's nothing new . Christians would laugh at things like talking snakes, talking donkeys , penguins walking and kangaroos hopping to the Middle East to get on Noah's Ark, the Sun standing still in the sky, etc, if claimed by Muslims or Hindus, but accept it as perfectly rational and factual simply because it is claimed in the religious writings of the Jews .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2016, 11:02 PM
 
1,489 posts, read 613,668 times
Reputation: 293
Rational!, who said anything about rational? If you could bypass your brain just for a moment, and listen with your Spirit, you would realise that there's nothing 'rational' about God.

"The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it." Have a think about this please Wallflash - what it means.

Last edited by Age-enduring; 04-01-2016 at 11:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2016, 11:31 PM
Status: "Phlegmatic." (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,399 posts, read 12,106,237 times
Reputation: 10667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
...snip...

"The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it." Have a think about this please Wallflash - what it means.
The "light" may well be the goodness that shines from the popular image of Jesus as the compassionate, inclusive, forgiving dude espoused by liberal Christians.

And the "darkness" is the ignorance of the OT and its primitive, blood-thirsty authors, reflected in their primitive, blood-thirsty god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2016, 11:54 PM
 
1,489 posts, read 613,668 times
Reputation: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The "light" may well be the goodness that shines from the popular image of Jesus as the compassionate, inclusive, forgiving dude espoused by liberal Christians.

And the "darkness" is the ignorance of the OT and its primitive, blood-thirsty authors, reflected in their primitive, blood-thirsty god.
That is a potential 'historical', outwith, interpretation. I would encourage folks not to get on the OT ignorance / primitive / barbaric bandwagon - it's too easy to blame them and not see the plank in our own eye. I think of it is as being associated with my own and others spiritual enlightenment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2016, 12:54 AM
 
8,366 posts, read 2,754,951 times
Reputation: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The "light" may well be the goodness that shines from the popular image of Jesus as the compassionate, inclusive, forgiving dude espoused by liberal Christians.

And the "darkness" is the ignorance of the OT and its primitive, blood-thirsty authors, reflected in their primitive, blood-thirsty god.
An impotent child or man will be made whole through growth. Not all of us can wean as early as Samuel. And some may take longer than 46 years to build a temple. Yet through out the faithfull a promise from the One who will give us a new name cannot be denied. Sadly many desperate souls have given up hope in salvation of our Lord at cavalry and given their gold over to the one who oppressed them all along.
If anyone thinks I stand brave in this world. Just look in the spirit and you will see me on my knees.

How powerless are we when looking death in the face? We should all should search the one who defeated death. Glory is eternal brother. Just as the Word is insurmountably embaced in the son of man.

Last edited by pinacled; 04-02-2016 at 01:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2016, 01:56 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,914 posts, read 9,672,130 times
Reputation: 2404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
............ it cost him his life that the doctors could have and would have prolonged
BINGO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top