U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-02-2016, 03:33 PM
 
4,564 posts, read 2,266,902 times
Reputation: 337

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The way I read it, it says you die once, then the resurrection. But what happens if you experience the resurrection before you physically die? Peace
The un-dead, so to speak, do Not need a resurrection because resurrection is only for the dead ( completely dead )

According to Scripture there are two types of resurrections:
1) There is a first or earlier resurrection for those called to heaven- Revelation 2:10; 5:9-10; 20:6
2) Then there is a later or future resurrection for those who will have a healthy physical resurrection on earth - Acts 24:15
That fleshly resurrection takes place during Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rulership over earth, which is a millennium-long resurrection day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-02-2016, 11:27 PM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,854 posts, read 9,651,582 times
Reputation: 2393
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Well...that must have been quite a sight. Just what type of heart monitor allowed a nurse to watch your heart get healed? One would think such a marvelous diagnostic tool would put cardiologists, and their extensive array of test equipment, out of business.

Lucky you! A healing!! I hope the other patients, who were not so blessed as to be healed even though I'm sure many of them also prayed to God, still got their post op care, pain shots, and vitals taken while this nurse was witnessing a medical miracle.

Good thing she wasn't a Buddhist. Had you told her you had, indeed, been miraculously cured she might have insisted on calling a qualified physician just to be sure.

Meanwhile.....Back in the children's hospitals, thousands of kids are not getting healed from their heart problems or cancer despite the prayers of those who love them. I continue to wonder why one person receives multiple miraculous cures but a 7-year-old doesn't get to see age eight.
You nailed it spot on Dew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 12:03 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,854 posts, read 9,651,582 times
Reputation: 2393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Well, then you never came upon MINE. I had extensive aggressive type of cancer that had spread to most of my internal organs when discovered. It was GONE within one week, thanks to my G-d. NO ONE did anything to me medically except take biopsies after the they found it.
Verifiable evidence please, such as medical reports, newspaper articles, medical conferences that such a 'miracle' would have generated.

Quote:
And, I had my elbow joint CRUSHED in an industrial accident, it was so bad to bend it at all sounded like someone chewing on marbles and you could hear it across a large room, plus it paralyzed my hand partially, and there was a bone fragment under the surface of the skin you could see and feel. Once again, intense heat felt, I fell under the power of G-d twice, and it was healed completely, they could find no damage with an arthrogram
Same as above please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Jesus couldn't do anything in Nazareth because of their lack of faith
Your Jesus couldn't do anything in 'Nazareth' because Nazareth didn't exist in the first century CE.

There is, in fact, no record of Narazeth's existence at that [Jesus'] time...Nazareth is not to be found in any book, map, chronicle or military record of the period"—(Gardner, 2007, p. 53)

There exists no epigraphic or archaeological evidence that a city called Nazareth even existed prior to 60 or 70 CE at the earliest, and even if a tiny village did exist, would residence there be what the prophets had in mind to fulfil a messianic prophesy. "It was a tiny rural hamlet. The problem is that it wasn't known by that name. It was actually a tiny, unnamed collection of about a dozen huts near the town of Gat-Hyefer, and was never known by the name of Nazareth until it was picked by a fifth-century Christian Roman emperor to be Nazareth, because he was embarrassed by the fact that no town by that name actually existed."–Scott Bidstrup,

While living at Japha, Josephus resided 2000 meters from what eventually became the centre of late Roman Nazareth, yet in his later survey of the area he makes no mention of the town. Origen lived within a day's journey of the future site of Nazareth for many years but was unable to find such a city, eventually concluding that the Gospel references to Nazareth should be interpreted figuratively or mystically.
http://www.nazoreans.com/nazareth.html



Nazareth is not mentioned in any historical records or biblical texts of the time and receives no mention by any contemporary historian. Nazareth is not mentioned in the Old Testament, the Talmud, nor in the Apocrypha and it does not appear in any early rabbinic literature. Nazareth was not included in the list of settlements of the tribes of Zebulon which mentions twelve towns and six villages. Nazareth is not included among the 45 cities of Galilee that were mentioned by Josephus (37AD-100AD).
Nazareth is also missing from the 63 towns of Galilee mentioned in the Talmud.


You claim to be interested in 'Truth'....well there it is. 'Jesus of Nazareth' is a mistranslation of 'Jesus the Nazorean'. The nazoraioi were Essenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
And all without a single Doctor thinking "Holy cow! I need to show this to medical researchers and get a take on what happened ."

But my point is the Dr was curious about even that small item that he didn't understand, yet we are asked to believe that these doctors just routinely shrug off tremendous miracles with no thought of seeking an explanation or sharing this with others for further investigation.
Precisely what I'm saying. Such an event would have generated interest amongst the medical profession, the whole world over. There would have been conferences, TV, radio and media reports also...and yet all these people that claim to have been 'miraculously' cured never seem to be able to produce the evidence for such things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Come now Raf. Your are talking to a guy possibly/probably just given a death sentence , and you strike even me as being insensitive .
He's also a guy that seems to have had every life threatening condition known to man and been cured of life threatening conditions overnight and yet cannot, despite my asking, provide any verifiable evidence to back up his claims. All he has to do is provide the verifiable evidence for his claims. If he does that, I will assure him and you that I will apologise profusely for anything that he considered offensive. You and I subscribe to EVIDENCE not somebody's unsupported 'blog'.

Last edited by Rafius; 04-03-2016 at 01:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 02:32 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,854 posts, read 9,651,582 times
Reputation: 2393
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Meanwhile.....Back in the children's hospitals, thousands of kids are not getting healed from their heart problems or cancer despite the prayers of those who love them. I continue to wonder why one person receives multiple miraculous cures but a 7-year-old doesn't get to see age eight.
Quite...but to be fair, curing a tot dying of leukaemia generates no where near the publicity that an appearance in a pancake or a pizza does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 06:48 AM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,778,598 times
Reputation: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Quite...but to be fair, curing a tot dying of leukaemia generates no where near the publicity that an appearance in a pancake or a pizza does.

Which, I imagine, is precisely why no one got excited about any of them, because it's outside their comfort zone, they can't reconcile it, and they sure aren't going to break their necks to spread the word about it. The best I got was, "I have no explanation for this other than the one you're giving me." Ah, the power of denial......Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 06:52 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,854 posts, read 9,651,582 times
Reputation: 2393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Which, I imagine, is precisely why no one got excited about any of them, because it's outside their comfort zone, they can't reconcile it, and they sure aren't going to break their necks to spread the word about it. The best I got was, "I have no explanation for this other than the one you're giving me." Ah, the power of denial......Peace
Are you going to produce the evidence for your claims?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 06:56 AM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,778,598 times
Reputation: 657
Would you put up all your medical records online? That's about the only physical proof I can think of, since you wouldn't believe witnesses, either, since we're probably all just determined to rain on your parade of unbelief together, lol.....Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 07:06 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,854 posts, read 9,651,582 times
Reputation: 2393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Would you put up all your medical records online? That's about the only physical proof I can think of, since you wouldn't believe witnesses, either, since we're probably all just determined to rain on your parade of unbelief together, lol.....Peace
Would I put my medical records online? If I was claiming to have been cured of cancer overnight then sure, I'd do it in a flash, especially if I was claiming that it was a 'miracle' carried out by my god. But I understand your concern about your medical records. You claim to have been cured of cancer virtually overnight. Such an event would have generated world-wide media attention. You could supply that.

Last edited by Rafius; 04-03-2016 at 07:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 07:12 AM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,778,598 times
Reputation: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Would I put my medical records online? If I was claiming to have been cured of cancer overnight then sure, I'd do it in a flash, especially if I was claiming that it was a 'miracle' carried out by my god. But I understand your concern about your medical records. You claim to have been cured of cancer overnight. Such an event would have generated world-wide media attention. You could supply that.

Again, no it doesn't. I know several people who have been cured of that, and other things, but no one bats an eye, for the most part. I suppose they're too busy taking care of the sick and their own lives, to get that involved with something not in their realm of experience. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 07:19 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,854 posts, read 9,651,582 times
Reputation: 2393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Again, no it doesn't. I know several people who have been cured of that, and other things, but no one bats an eye, for the most part. I suppose they're too busy taking care of the sick and their own lives, to get that involved with something not in their realm of experience. Peace
So I'll take it that you are simply making claim for which you have no verifiable support and as such, your claims are worthless. Moving on then...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top