U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-03-2016, 08:07 AM
 
696 posts, read 371,696 times
Reputation: 74

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
For the second time in 15 months I am faced with the situation where either God heals me or I die. For the third time the Veterans Administration's doctors have changed their diagnosis of my condition that was originally treated as a torn rotator and then change to rheumatoid arthritis in my neck and shoulder and now to a soft tissue disease that is eating away at my spine. My one side of the spine in my neck has been eaten to the point it is perfectly smooth that caused them to think I had surgery done on my neck but had not told them.I did loose my patience with them this week and walked out of an MRI appointment that they still want me to have

I am okay with being dead put the dying part can get pretty rough, And for that matter already has as I have pretty much lost control of my hands and am not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to post here

However, there is a word been given to me that I would like to leave with the body of Christ so some of us can be on the same one accord with each other as the apostles were with each other and with the truth during the first century.

What is important to be prayed for is not about me but about God's next move on earth needed to take place before the manifestation of the sons of God can appear on earth. What is needed to happen is our final cleansing also known as the death of Eve still living in us. Practically speaking Adam died when we went to the cross but Eve who also was in the transgression has still lived on in our flesh as the soul of man that has always been at war with and trying to rule over the seed of the Holy Spirit of God given to us through the blood of Jesus Christ sprinkled upon our hearts and germinated by the baptism of the Holy Spirit

This final cleansing for those who are blessed to receive it is prophesied of in the passages in Acts when after three hours the woman shows up and lies about the price of the house and dies the same way her husband had three hours earlier (think three days since the cross) for the same failure to surrender all of the house to God.. This is also prophesied and given a second witness when the angel of the Lord comes and smote Peter on his side while he was in prison chained to the guards.. The chains represent Satan's hold that he still has on our flush that is symbolic of us after being completly cleansed and set free all sin in us that allows us to enter into the third and and highest level of Heaven to be with God yet still alive in earthly bodies

I am going to take a break and come back a little later to add to this

Dear ls,
Regardless of Paul's illusion of you being "twinkled", men all die for their own sins (Ez 18:20). Death is inevitable. As for God healing you, James pointed the path you are to take, and that was to confess your sins, and find a righteous person who feels led to pray for you, for God does not hear the prayer of the wicked. If you know of no righteous men or women, you have bigger problems than you have noted.


As for the healing of God, Yeshua said it best when he healed the man. He told the man to sin no more less something worse befalls him. You might consider in finding out what sin actually is, and then possibly repent, and seek the kingdom of heaven. Keep in mind, that it is the followers of "Babylon the Great", who "receive of her plagues". (Rev 18:4) You might want to find out who "Babylon the Great" represents, and how you could have become imbedded in such an entity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-03-2016, 08:49 AM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,465,125 times
Reputation: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Verifiable evidence please, such as medical reports, newspaper articles, medical conferences that such a 'miracle' would have generated.

Same as above please.

Your Jesus couldn't do anything in 'Nazareth' because Nazareth didn't exist in the first century CE.

There is, in fact, no record of Narazeth's existence at that [Jesus'] time...Nazareth is not to be found in any book, map, chronicle or military record of the period"—(Gardner, 2007, p. 53)

There exists no epigraphic or archaeological evidence that a city called Nazareth even existed prior to 60 or 70 CE at the earliest, and even if a tiny village did exist, would residence there be what the prophets had in mind to fulfil a messianic prophesy. "It was a tiny rural hamlet. The problem is that it wasn't known by that name. It was actually a tiny, unnamed collection of about a dozen huts near the town of Gat-Hyefer, and was never known by the name of Nazareth until it was picked by a fifth-century Christian Roman emperor to be Nazareth, because he was embarrassed by the fact that no town by that name actually existed."–Scott Bidstrup,

While living at Japha, Josephus resided 2000 meters from what eventually became the centre of late Roman Nazareth, yet in his later survey of the area he makes no mention of the town. Origen lived within a day's journey of the future site of Nazareth for many years but was unable to find such a city, eventually concluding that the Gospel references to Nazareth should be interpreted figuratively or mystically.
http://www.nazoreans.com/nazareth.html



Nazareth is not mentioned in any historical records or biblical texts of the time and receives no mention by any contemporary historian. Nazareth is not mentioned in the Old Testament, the Talmud, nor in the Apocrypha and it does not appear in any early rabbinic literature. Nazareth was not included in the list of settlements of the tribes of Zebulon which mentions twelve towns and six villages. Nazareth is not included among the 45 cities of Galilee that were mentioned by Josephus (37AD-100AD).
Nazareth is also missing from the 63 towns of Galilee mentioned in the Talmud.


You claim to be interested in 'Truth'....well there it is. 'Jesus of Nazareth' is a mistranslation of 'Jesus the Nazorean'. The nazoraioi were Essenes

Precisely what I'm saying. Such an event would have generated interest amongst the medical profession, the whole world over. There would have been conferences, TV, radio and media reports also...and yet all these people that claim to have been 'miraculously' cured never seem to be able to produce the evidence for such things.

He's also a guy that seems to have had every life threatening condition known to man and been cured of life threatening conditions overnight and yet cannot, despite my asking, provide any verifiable evidence to back up his claims. All he has to do is provide the verifiable evidence for his claims. If he does that, I will assure him and you that I will apologise profusely for anything that he considered offensive. You and I subscribe to EVIDENCE not somebody's unsupported 'blog'.
I think Livelystone has claimed one cure, which sounds like it was a misdiagnosis, but unless I have missed others ( possible ) that is the only one . Just to clarify, Lively is the one here that just got the bad news , Rbbi1 is the one claiming miracle after miracle after miracle .

Last edited by wallflash; 04-03-2016 at 09:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 09:00 AM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,465,125 times
Reputation: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Would you put up all your medical records online? That's about the only physical proof I can think of, since you wouldn't believe witnesses, either, since we're probably all just determined to rain on your parade of unbelief together, lol.....Peace


Actually you wouldn't have to. Cases such as yours would be able to be referenced anonymously but would nonetheless be in some journal or research papers somewhere showing the results you claim, but maybe being labeled Patient X or John Doe .

Again, your claim that all these stupendous things occur with all the doctors and medical staff not batting an eye and going on about their business without any further investigation of your situation and cure is analogous to you driving your car that requires spark plugs to run into a mechanic without any, claiming that your car continues to run even though all 8 spark plugs are removed and the wires hanging loose, and the mechanic simply says " cool , well that will save you some money on tune ups . Don't sell that car! " and that's it . The guy sends you on your way in a car that physically shouldn't be able to run, never bothers to investigate how what he believes to be a physical impossibility is happening, and returns to changing the oil in another car with no more thought about your miracle car .

How likely a scenario is that ? And yet that is what you ask us to believe about your claims and the nonchalance of the doctors that saw them . It simply strains credulity . Furthermore, if this had happened to me I would certainly want people to know that such a God does exist , so they could look at my case and have reason to turn to God . I probably would request that my name be changed, which would not affect the veracity of the story when told by doctors, but I would get my story out there to encourage others .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 09:03 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,886 posts, read 9,662,328 times
Reputation: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I think Livelystone has claimed one cure, which sounds like it was a misdiagnose , but unless I have missed others ( possible ) that is the only one .
Well apart from his problem in the OP which appears to be some kind of wasting disease in the neck, he was (without supporting evidence) declared 'dead' by both man and machine but came back to life (but will not say how long he was 'dead' for) and he was diagnosed with lung cancer and miraculously cured within a week (again without supporting evidence).

I agree with you that his 'lung cancer' was a misdiagnosis or an equipment blip as the same happened to me with a diagnosis of emphysema.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,886 posts, read 9,662,328 times
Reputation: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Actually you wouldn't have to. Cases such as yours would be able to be referenced anonymously but would nonetheless be in some journal or research papers somewhere showing the results you claim, but maybe being labeled Patient X or John Doe .

Again, your claim that all these stupendous things occur with all the doctors and medical staff not batting an eye and going on about their business without any further investigation of your situation and cure is analogous to you driving your car that requires spark plugs to run into a mechanic without any, claiming that your car continues to run even though all 8 spark plugs are removed and the wires hanging loose, and the mechanic simply says " cool , well that will save you some money on tune ups . Don't sell that car! " X and that's it . The guy sends you on your way in a car that physically shouldn't be able to run, never bothers to investigate how what he believes to be a physical impossibility happened, and returns to changing the oil in another car with no more thought about your miracle car .

How likely a scenario is that ? And yet that is what you ask us to believe about your claims and the doctors that saw them . It simply strains credulity . Furthermore, a highly devout believer interested in helping prove the existence of God WOULD want to see these results made public, with the irrefutable confirmation of doctors . If this had happened to me I would certainly want people to know that such a God does exist , so they could look at my case and have reason to turn to God . I probably would request that my name be changed, which would not affect the veracity of the story when told by doctors, but I would get my story out there to encourage others .
You have it in a nutshell sir!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 12:17 PM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,784,110 times
Reputation: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Actually you wouldn't have to. Cases such as yours would be able to be referenced anonymously but would nonetheless be in some journal or research papers somewhere showing the results you claim, but maybe being labeled Patient X or John Doe .

Again, your claim that all these stupendous things occur with all the doctors and medical staff not batting an eye and going on about their business without any further investigation of your situation and cure is analogous to you driving your car that requires spark plugs to run into a mechanic without any, claiming that your car continues to run even though all 8 spark plugs are removed and the wires hanging loose, and the mechanic simply says " cool , well that will save you some money on tune ups . Don't sell that car! " and that's it . The guy sends you on your way in a car that physically shouldn't be able to run, never bothers to investigate how what he believes to be a physical impossibility is happening, and returns to changing the oil in another car with no more thought about your miracle car .

How likely a scenario is that ? And yet that is what you ask us to believe about your claims and the nonchalance of the doctors that saw them . It simply strains credulity . Furthermore, if this had happened to me I would certainly want people to know that such a God does exist , so they could look at my case and have reason to turn to God . I probably would request that my name be changed, which would not affect the veracity of the story when told by doctors, but I would get my story out there to encourage others .

Well, I'm sorry, but that just doesn't seem to be ANY of our experiences. I can attribute it to nothing but denial on their part, or simply not wanting to take the time to mess with it. The neurosurgeon with my spinal injury, after a week of test's including injecting dye into my spinal fluid. said he had no explanation for it, it simply was not possible.

The WORLD FAMOUS orthopedist who specialized in hand/arm surgery I had for my arm, said he had no explanation other than the one I had given him, ie. G-d did it. He too, had dye shot in me to show up soft tissue damage, and there was none. This was in prep for surgery, that, as it turned out, never had to happen. The neurosurgeon also thought he would be operating on my spine, and I was given a 30% chance of being in a wheelchair afterwards, the damage was so pervasive. Glory to G-d, I've never spent a day in a wheelchair and that was 30 years ago.

I think one reason they don't make a big deal out of it is self-preservation. The healing also makes it look like they misdiagnosed, even though they have nada to do with the ones running the actual tests. which were run several times. Just my thoughts on their mindset, I don't really know. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 01:18 PM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,465,125 times
Reputation: 1571
So now we have moved on to your doctor being WORLD FAMOUS.

Well OK then . The WORLD FAMOUS doctor simply saw a unexplainable miracle, thought nothing of it, and went about his business as usual apparently concerned that even though he was WORLD FAMOUS he might get in trouble if he took note of your miracle and further investigated it . Even though this WORLD FAMOUS Doctor would be well aware of all the researchers looking into these reports of miracles and would be perfectly placed to alert the world to your miracle because he is WORLD FAMOUS .

Once again, your story simply strains credulity . And it seems to grow with each telling .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 01:21 PM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,784,110 times
Reputation: 658
He was world famous. He's in a book, as a matter of fact. He went to several other countries decades ago, teaching them how to re-attach severed fingers and hands. Twist away. I said I have no explanation, and can only speculate at the reasons for their reactions being what they were. You are obviously not so impartial. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 03:30 PM
 
4,851 posts, read 1,465,125 times
Reputation: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
He was world famous. He's in a book, as a matter of fact. He went to several other countries decades ago, teaching them how to re-attach severed fingers and hands. Twist away. I said I have no explanation, and can only speculate at the reasons for their reactions being what they were. You are obviously not so impartial. Peace


A doctor that traveled the world teaching people how to reattach fingers and and hands sounds like a guy who would have been highly interested in how someone with a crushed elbow had it miraculously healed . Teachers and scientists have that bent of mind to discover the how and why. Your doctor seems to have taken a rather ho hum approach to seeing a valid miracle in his presence and in his medical specialty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 03:53 PM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,784,110 times
Reputation: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
A doctor that traveled the world teaching people how to reattach fingers and and hands sounds like a guy who would have been highly interested in how someone with a crushed elbow had it miraculously healed . Teachers and scientists have that bent of mind to discover the how and why. Your doctor seems to have taken a rather ho hum approach to seeing a valid miracle in his presence and in his medical specialty

Actually, he's the one who said, to the insurance rep since it was a work related injury, that he had no explanation for it, other than the one I gave him, which was, G-d did it. What's he gonna say, and what's he gonna do, really? Tests had been run previously, several of them, and tests were run afterwards, several of them.

What would YOU say, if you were in his shoes, do you think? They can't prove it wasn't there to begin with, they can't prove it's still there now, so what is there TO prove? Where do yo go from there? No where. Agnostics or atheists are not generally quick to raise the flag on ANYTHING that looks remotely like this, which is, to my way of thinking, probably why they weren't going down that road, either.

G-d for His part, no doubt did it precisely that way to convict them of the reality of Him, is my take on it. You think what you want. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top