U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2016, 04:07 PM

26,248 posts, read 13,920,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Would you put up all your medical records online? That's about the only physical proof I can think of, since you wouldn't believe witnesses, either, since we're probably all just determined to rain on your parade of unbelief together, lol.....Peace
If you truly wanted people to believe then you would...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 04:19 PM

4,851 posts, read 1,463,156 times
Quote:
Actually, he's the one who said, to the insurance rep since it was a work related injury, that he had no explanation for it, other than the one I gave him, which was, G-d did it. What's he gonna say, and what's he gonna do, really? Tests had been run previously, several of them, and tests were run afterwards, several of them.

What would YOU say, if you were in his shoes, do you think? They can't prove it wasn't there to begin with, they can't prove it's still there now, so what is there TO prove? Where do yo go from there? No where. Agnostics or atheists are not generally quick to raise the flag on ANYTHING that looks remotely like this, which is, to my way of thinking, probably why they weren't going down that road, either.

G-d for His part, no doubt did it precisely that way to convict them of the reality of Him, is my take on it. You think what you want. Peace

I think any agnostic or atheist that personally watched your crushed elbow get instantly healed would be trying to figure out if it was a miracle and they needed to reassess their beliefs, or if it was something explainable .

I also think that if a world famous Doctor had been involved there would be documentation of the event, even if your name was kept anonymous .

And it would be in the insurance records , since workmens comp would have been involved .

You keep digging a deeper hole for yourself .

Old 04-03-2016, 04:21 PM

4,851 posts, read 1,463,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
If you truly wanted people to believe then you would...

Patient names could certainly be redacted , with the medical doctors and hospitals left named for investigation . Four deadly brain cancers healed and no one bats an eye ?

Old 04-03-2016, 04:26 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,778,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I think any agnostic or atheist that personally watched your crushed elbow get instantly healed would be trying to figure out if it was a miracle and they needed to reassess their beliefs, or if it was something explainable .

I also think that if a world famous Doctor had been involved there would be documentation of the event, even if your name was kept anonymous .

And it would be in the insurance records , since workmens comp would have been involved .

Not at all. Just remembering more facts after 30 years. The back was the first miracle, followed by the elbow, within about a year.

Never said there weren't records, but likely by now, probably not, on those two things. I don't know how long they keep them these days. The neurosurgeon I had for m back is deceased, I found out when I thought he was the one that was going to perform the brain surgery on my son. Didn't know his brother was a neurosurgeon, too.

But anyway, to each his own. Believe or not. Peace

Old 04-03-2016, 04:27 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,778,598 times
Quote:
Patient names could certainly be redacted , with the medical doctors and hospitals left named for investigation . Four deadly brain cancers healed and no one bats an eye ?
Four deadly brain cancers? Where you getting that from??? Peace

Old 04-03-2016, 05:02 PM

4,754 posts, read 1,821,174 times
Quote:
Not at all. Just remembering more facts after 30 years. The back was the first miracle, followed by the elbow, within about a year.

Never said there weren't records, but likely by now, probably not, on those two things. I don't know how long they keep them these days. The neurosurgeon I had for m back is deceased, I found out when I thought he was the one that was going to perform the brain surgery on my son. Didn't know his brother was a neurosurgeon, too.

7 years is industry standard.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:15 PM

4,754 posts, read 1,821,174 times
Quote:
You always seem to answer just slightly off topic , as if to avoid what others are actually saying . The topic was faith causing miracles, not whether or not to use doctors .

I am happy to see you don't buy into the notion of a God that would torment people for all eternity though.

I would challenge you to invite sceptics into your church and puts these miracles to an actual test by those not inclined to accept them . My experience with claims of miracles , especially when they are claimed to happen regularly , is that either they don't hold up to scrutiny, or that they are simply normal things perceived as miracles by believers . For example, someone has a problem with a boss . They pray for God to help them deal . Boss gets fired .

ITS A MIRACLE!

Or much more likely , others were also having problems with him and management figured out he was a crappy boss and fired him.

I have a friend who was completely convinced a close relative would be healed of cancer . They claimed that God had given them a crystal clear message of this in the Bible. The relative died within a few months . And what was the response from my friend? " Well , God DID heal him by taking him to Heaven, that just wasn't the type of healing I wanted ".

Christians have an almost unique ability to make themselves believe anything they want to believe .
That example is providence, not a miracle. Providence is 'miracle like' that can be explained through rationale and scientific processes.

Miracles have no other explanation.

To often they are lumped together.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:38 PM

23,270 posts, read 12,061,902 times
Quote:
...snip...

Uh-huh.

He's one of the two.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:25 PM

26,248 posts, read 13,920,882 times
Quote:
Indeed....

Old 04-03-2016, 06:54 PM

17,696 posts, read 8,870,974 times
Quote:

Never said there weren't records, but likely by now, probably not, on those two things. I don't know how long they keep them these days. The neurosurgeon I had for my back is deceased, I found out when I thought he was the one that was going to perform the brain surgery on my son. Didn't know his brother was a neurosurgeon, too.

I had two fingers cutoff on my left hand, the miracle of modern-medicine and technology is amazing. The physician said that I would not be able to fully bend them because of the damage. However, after a year of healing and exercising them, stretching the tendons and squeezing a sponge. They were fully functional ...from the hand to the ground ...from the ground to the hand, Lord, I lift your name on high. Although I believe that I had a painstaking part in it as well, as the body is design to heal itself with the proper care. A testimony of this would be the tissue damage (scars) and an x-ray of the bone(s). At the time, the Physician did not believe the tendons would hold under the force of a tight-grip, as too much was severed. Knocking on wood, and making a complete fist without complications or pain for the last 35 years.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or