U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 03:24 PM

598 posts, read 240,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
If you have no history of prescription abuse then I would turn her in to the State Medical Board.

I was not there so I can't say what transpired...however I know that people see lots of things in a NDE. If your experience made you think that there is some very strict and narrow judgement process that occurs when we die then that's your prerogative.

I would change docs and write a letter to the Medical Boards about this doc accusing you of lying and looking for drugs. Also you would do yourself a great service in documenting every single thing they do. Ask for documents of all tests ordered and the test results, the physicians interpretations of the the results and what they did to help you as well as any meds prescribed. This is the best thing anyone with an incompetent doctor can do for themselves. You would be amazed at how quickly they change their care practices once they are aware that you are documenting their every move.
20 years ago I did have a problem and I spoke of it in first chapter of "Modern Day Prophet". However I never had to tell lies to obtain pills. It was in a different state where I quit by myself that was one of the hardest things I ever did

This woman prescribed meloxicam for me that has warnings of increased stroke and heart attacks when I have been on the VA's watch list for high BP all through last year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 03:27 PM

1,489 posts, read 612,141 times
Quote:
Nope wrong again. Just facts about NDE's and illness is all I presented.

Interesting how all these bible folks that are ultra conservative AND who have no scientific or medical background think their bible interpretations override realty.

You can try and put your religious spin on it all you want but leave me out of that.
It's nice to have well founded science in the Christianity section of religion and spirituality. For what its worth, i think you're right about upping assertiveness with the Doctors treating Livelystone, but as to facts about NDE's - there never is, nor can be any objective observation of subjective experience - that's what personal testimony is. Don't parapsychologists have instruments?

Old 03-27-2016, 03:30 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,780,680 times
Quote:
Sure you can do whatever you want, that does not make it right.
Sorry but to say something like this tells me you have no understanding all all what genetic inheritance means nor how genetics works.
The bible is not a science book nor a medical book. No thanks there is nothing of value in reading it for those purposes.

Sorry to say but something like this tells me you have no understanding at all of how spiritual principles rule and undergird everything that IS, in this realm, including what you think you know about genetics.

Bet you didn't know Jacob saw the mirror image of the DNA "ladder", the one that carries blessings instead of cursings, did you?

He and His wisdom were here before medical books or your understanding of how genetics work, and they'll be here when those things are washed away like clouds in the brilliance of the noon day sun. Why limit yourself to studying the things created by Him, ONLY, when you can study HIM and His Word and have it all? Peace

Old 03-27-2016, 03:55 PM

10,039 posts, read 4,151,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Sorry to say but something like this tells me you have no understanding at all of how spiritual principles rule and undergird everything that IS, in this realm, including what you think you know about genetics.
I certainly understand that your religion and your interpretation of the bible teaches you to think this way. You are not talking about spirituality here you are strictly speaking about religious teachings.

Funny how I have an advanced degree in genetics but according to you I don't know how genetics works.

How many college level genetics courses have you taken?

OK now lets take a good look back in history of epidemiology during the time when the world was full of god fearing religious types.

Principles of Epidemiology: Lesson 1, Section 2|Self-Study Course SS1978|CDC

History of Epidemics and Plagues

Now insert Alexander Fleming and bow down to his discovery of penicillin as well as Lewis Pasture for being the first scientist to artificially attenuate viruses for use in vaccines. History of Vaccines

Do you realize that most people living during this era in history usually succumbed to viral and bacterial infections? Humans now live longer healthier lives than in the past and it has nothing to do with what you are taking about. It has all to do with scientific discoveries.

Seems that people forget these very important FACTS!
Quote:
Bet you didn't know Jacob saw the mirror image of the DNA "ladder", the one that carries blessings instead of cursings, did you?
Bet you just made this up as DNA ladder is not mention in any bible text.
Quote:
He and His wisdom were here before medical books or your understanding of how genetics work, and they'll be here when those things are washed away like clouds in the brilliance of the noon day sun.
Right which is why it's not mentioned anywhere in the bible AND why it took science to find cures to very simple bacterial infections that most die from without antibiotics.
Quote:
Why limit yourself to studying the things created by Him, ONLY, when you can study HIM and His Word and have it all? Peace
Does not sound as if I am the limited one here.

Last edited by Matadora; 03-27-2016 at 04:07 PM..

Old 03-27-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
but as to facts about NDE's - there never is, nor can be any objective observation of subjective experience - that's what personal testimony is.
I suggest you look up Sam Parnia's work on it. He is trying to get around that subjective part and create a method to actually get non-subjective data. As we all know a person's personal testimony about a religious experience or paranormal event is the worst type of evidence out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Don't parapsychologists have instruments?
Have instruments for what? FYI no mind reading/consciousness reading instruments out there.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
20 years ago I did have a problem and I spoke of it in first chapter of "Modern Day Prophet". However I never had to tell lies to obtain pills. It was in a different state where I quit by myself that was one of the hardest things I ever did.
Good show of disapline in being able to quit on your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
This woman prescribed meloxicam for me that has warnings of increased stroke and heart attacks when I have been on the VA's watch list for high BP all through last year
This is why it is of grave importance to stand up for yourself. Don't ever just blindly go along with what any doctor says or prescribes to you. Always look up any procedure they want to do or any prescription they write. Knowledge is power and self-protection.

I would not hesitate reporting her to the Medical Board as well as her boss.

You have to be your own advocate in the medical world...if you don't you will get lost in the shuffle and or possibly end up dead by what they do or fail to for you.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I certainly understand you your religion and your interpretation of the bible teaches you to think this way. You are not talking about spirituality here you are strictly speaking about religious teachings.

Funny how I have an advanced degree in genetics but according to you I don't know how genetics works.

How many college level genetics courses have you taken?

OK now lets take a good look back in history of epidemiology during the time when the world was full of god fearing religious types.

Principles of Epidemiology: Lesson 1, Section 2|Self-Study Course SS1978|CDC

History of Epidemics and Plagues

Now insert Alexander Fleming and bow down to his discovery of penicillin as well as Lewis Pasture for being the first scientist to artificially attenuate viruses for use in vaccines. History of Vaccines

Do you realize that most people living during this era in history usually succumbed to viral and bacterial infections? Humans now live longer healthier lives than in the past and it has nothing to do with what you are taking about. It has all to do with scientific discoveries.

Seems that people forget these very important FACTS!
Bet you just made this up as DNA ladder is not mention in any bible text.
Right which is why it's not mentioned anywhere in the bible AND why it took science to find cures to very simple bacterial infections that most will die from without antibiotics.
Does not sound as if I am the limited one here.
What I'm saying and you misinterpreted is you may think you understand the natural realm of it (and you obviously do on an intellectual level) but you don't understand the spiritual principles that govern the natural.

I also think you think I'm dissing science. Not at all. I love to read anything to do with His creation, even discoveries in quantum physics. I also find it amusing when they catch up to something I've known for 30 odd years and they think it's a monumental discovery, which for them, it is. One is the mirror of the Word, that's what I'm saying. Study the Word, and you will know things that are way beyond your pay grade, even yours. And no, I'm not making it up about the ladder.

Now with the rest of it, you are confusing "god fearing religious types", with people who walked with G-d. The two are not interchangeable phrases, as much as many would love it to be. The farther man got away from walking with G-d, the more sin accumulated, and the worse it was for humanity at large, and this is what is the cause, of the effects, YOU see. One is the fruit, one is the root.

And scientific discoveries notwithstanding, none of them could help me when it was discovered I had terminal cancer that had spread to several organs. Neither could any of them put my spine back in alignment and heal my ruptured discs so perfectly as for it to not show any scar tissue, nor could they do anything for my crushed elbow, which was also put back into perfect condition. Nor could they cure diabetes which thankfully, only had a short duration hold on me before He dealt with it. So I would beg to differ with you that I know nothing about genetics, I'm in the process of disannulling my covenant with mine. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-27-2016 at 04:21 PM..

Old 03-27-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Good show of disapline in being able to quit on your own.

This is why it is of grave importance to stand up for yourself. Don't ever just blindly go along with what any doctor says or prescribes to you. Always look up any procedure they want to do or any prescription they write. Knowledge is power and self-protection.

I would not hesitate reporting her to the Medical Board as well as her boss.

You have to be your own advocate in the medical world...if you don't you will get lost in the shuffle and or possibly end up dead by what they do or fail to for you.

Amen to this....

Old 03-27-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
<Snip>...but you don't understand the spiritual principles that govern the natural.
I most certainly do understand the spiritual aspects of life. This is why I don't ascribe to religion...there is nothing at all spiritual about religion.
Quote:
I also think you think I'm dissing science. Not at all. I love to read anything to do with His creation, even discoveries in quantum physics.
Calling it "his creation" is dissing science no matter how you want to slice and dice it.
Quote:
I also find it amusing when they catch up to something I've known for 30 odd years and they think it's a monumental discovery, which for them, it is. One is the mirror of the Word, that's what I'm saying. Study the Word, and you will know things that are way beyond your pay grade, even yours. And no, I'm not making it up about the ladder.
Not buying what you are selling here. There is nothing in the bible that is scientific. Nothing.

The bible is a deeply inadequate book on every level: scientifically, historically, medically, aesthetically, ethically, spiritually, and contemplatively. This is just not the best book we have on any topic, and they should be if they were written by the creator of the Universe.

The simple fact that all the scriptures were written by people, who by virtue of their placement on planet earth, had little to no access to scientific knowledge or even common sense. They lived during a time that their world view would be considered today to be very narrow and unworldly. These people knew nothing of the facts that are now relevant in today’s world in the 21 Century. They knew nothing about the origins of life, the relationship between the mind and brain, they did not even know that mental illness actually existed in humans. They knew nothing about DNA or viruses. Nothing about computation, technology or even electricity. None of this is in scripture. They had no idea why people became sick and died.
Quote:
And scientific discoveries notwithstanding, none of them could help me when it was discovered I had terminal cancer that had spread to several organs. Neither could any of them put my spine back in alignment and heal my ruptured discs so perfectly as for it to not show any scar tissue, nor could they do anything for my crushed elbow, which was also put back into perfect condition. Nor could they cure diabetes which thankfully, only had a short duration hold on me before He dealt with it.
Medical Doctors are not trained scientists (unless they hold a PhD and are involved in research) Attending physicians do not conduct scientific research...so knocking science due to having incompetent medical doctors is wrong.
Quote:
So I would beg to differ with you that I know nothing about genetics, I'm in the process of dis-annulling my covenant with mine. Peace
No offense but you clearly know nothing about genetics.

Last edited by Matadora; 03-27-2016 at 04:41 PM..

Old 03-27-2016, 04:46 PM

10,183 posts, read 10,546,727 times
I notice you totally ignored my response, Lively. I take it you have no interest at all in responding, positively or negatively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or