U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 04:57 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,775,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I most certainly do understand the spiritual aspects of life. This is why I don't ascribe to religion...there is nothing at all spiritual about religion.

I agree. That's why I avoid it like the plague.

Calling it "his creation" is dissing science no matter how you want to slice and dice it.
Not buying what you are selling here. There is nothing in the bible that is scientific. Nothing.

So says you. You haven't spent 31 years studying it, so with all due respect, you're not qualified to make that determination. A great many scientists from all fields have embraced the bible and it's teachings, and are/were amazed at what was right there in front of them all along.

And the Word was written by men, under the anointing or inspiration of the Spirit of G-d. Even a cursory examination of the words of the Word show this to be true. Unless, of course, you think it's coincidence that all the names of the people, places and things in there, just happen to follow specific spiritual principles in their meanings. I'm sure Noah's mother, for instance, had that in mind, when she named her child.

The bible is a deeply inadequate book on every level: scientifically, historically, medically, aesthetically, ethically, spiritually, and contemplatively. This is just not the best book we have on any topic, and they should be if they were written by the creator of the Universe.

See above.

The simple fact that all the scriptures were written by people, who by virtue of their placement on planet earth, had little to no access to scientific knowledge or even common sense. They lived during a time that their world view would be considered today to be very narrow and unworldly. These people knew nothing of the facts that are now relevant in today’s world in the 21 Century. They knew nothing about the origins of life, the relationship between the mind and brain, they did not even know that mental illness actually existed in humans. They knew nothing about DNA or viruses. Nothing about computation, technology or even electricity. None of this is in scripture. They had no idea why people became sick and died.
Medical Doctors are not trained scientists (unless they hold a PhD and are involved in research) Attending physicians do not conduct scientific research...so knocking science due to having incompetent medical doctors is wrong.
No offense but you clearly know nothing about genetics.

Again, no offense, but you have not studied and are in no position to know your left hand from your right. You don't even know what the phrase means. I know the One who created the genes and am busy gaining wisdom out of your reach that is reversing all the curses contained in them.

Else I would have already died of cancer, stroke, heart attack, or diabetes, ALL of which were in my genes, and ALL of which tried to take me down and out, just to name a few, yet their effect was no more than water off a duck's back in the light of His glory, which is His WORD MANIFESTED.

Did I mention my eyesight was recently cured at 59? I now have better than the 20/20 vision I had when young. So, please, tell me again, I know nothing about genetics. I may not know the "scientific" things you know about it, but mastery of a subject is not limited to ineffectual head knowledge with G-d.

Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-27-2016 at 05:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 05:03 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,325,866 times
Sooo....Rbbi....why you? Why were you cured over and over and over.....but hospitals are filled with little kids who will never be healed and die leaving behind grief stricken families. Their parents pray. They pray. Why you and not a 6-year-old with cancer?

Old 03-27-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Sooo....Rbbi....why you? Why were you cured over and over and over.....but hospitals are filled with little kids who will never be healed and die leaving behind grief stricken families. Their parents pray. They pray. Why you and not a 6-year-old with cancer?

See, here's the problem. You think I'm the ONLY one, and that translates somehow into me being "special". Let me alleviate you of that misconception right now, as if you didn't already know it, lol; I'm not special and I'm definitely not the only one.

I know others who have had similar healings including the dreaded C word, and prayed for others still who received healings. It's only a rarity in your circles; the kingdom is hid from those that are not walking in it, just as it was hidden from me before I was.

I remember well how shocked I was to discover there were actually people in the world like this, so I do understand your position, believe me. Peace

Old 03-27-2016, 05:27 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,325,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
See, here's the problem. You think I'm the ONLY one, and that translates somehow into me being "special". Let me alleviate you of that misconception right now, as if you didn't already know it, lol; I'm not special and I'm definitely not the only one.

I know others who have had similar healings including the dreaded C word, and prayed for others still who received healings. It's only a rarity in your circles; the kingdom is hid from those that are not walking in it, just as it was hidden from me before I was.

I remember well how shocked I was to discover there were actually people in the world like this, so I do understand your position, believe me. Peace
Actually... I don't think you are the only one. You are assuming facts not in evidence. Sorry, not smart on your part.

But if you could tell me what "my circles" are..... that might be amusing.

Old 03-27-2016, 05:27 PM

10,007 posts, read 4,144,712 times
Now that was a dirty rotten way to respond...no way to respond to each of your posts unless I cut and paste the entire quote then sort through it to quote me and then put quotes around your posts and then put in my response.

FYI the mods in the Religious forum use the color red and I know some do not allow the use of that color in our posts.
Quote:
I most certainly do understand the spiritual aspects of life. This is why I don't ascribe to religion...there is nothing at all spiritual about religion.
Quote:
I agree. That's why I avoid it like the plague.
It's pretty sad when person is so out of touch with reality that they don't even realize that they are following religion. Everything you have posted is religious speak of the christian flavor.
Quote:
Calling it "his creation" is dissing science no matter how you want to slice and dice it.
Not buying what you are selling here. There is nothing in the bible that is scientific. Nothing.
Quote:
So says you. You haven't spent 31 years studying it, so with all due respect, you're not qualified to make that determination. A great many scientists from all fields have embraced the bible and it's teachings, and are/were amazed at what was right there in front of them all along.
It does not take a person 31 years to understand what the bible is about. I would bet I know more about the OT and NT then you could ever hope to know.

You are Moderator cut: deleted about all the scientists who were amazed at the bible. Where do you people come from to make such idiotic claims? This beyond laughable and absurd at the same time. Care to post links to support such outlandish silly claims?

Now let me repeat.

The bible is a deeply inadequate book on every level: scientifically, historically, medically, aesthetically, ethically, spiritually, and contemplatively. This is just not the best book we have on any topic, and they should be if they were written by the creator of the Universe.

The simple fact that all the scriptures were written by people, who by virtue of their placement on planet earth, had little to no access to scientific knowledge or even common sense. They lived during a time that their world view would be considered today to be very narrow and unworldly. These people knew nothing of the facts that are now relevant in today’s world in the 21 Century. They knew nothing about the origins of life, the relationship between the mind and brain, they did not even know that mental illness actually existed in humans. They knew nothing about DNA or viruses. Nothing about computation, technology or even electricity. None of this is in scripture. They had no idea why people became sick and died.
Medical Doctors are not trained scientists (unless they hold a PhD and are involved in research) Attending physicians do not conduct scientific research...so knocking science due to having incompetent medical doctors is wrong.

*No offense but you clearly know nothing about genetics*.

Quote:
Again, no offense, but you have not studied and are in no position to know your left hand from your right. You don't even know what the phrase means. I know the One who created the genes and am busy gaining wisdom out of your reach that is reversing all the curses contained in them.
You could not offend me if you tried. Yes I do know what "his creation" means from those who use this phrase. LOL "wisdom out of my reach", that is only reveled to you since you are a special hand picked human. Moderator cut: deleted
Quote:
Else I would have already died of cancer, stroke, heart attack, or diabetes, ALL of which were in my genes, and ALL of which tried to take me down and out, just to name a few, yet their effect was no more than water off a duck's back in the light of His glory, which is His WORD MANIFESTED.
Now what were you just saying about avoiding religion like the plague? LOL! Moderator cut: deleted
Quote:
Did I mention my eyesight was recently cured at 59? I now have better than the 20/20 vision I had when young. So, please, tell me again, I know nothing about genetics. I may not know the "scientific" things you know about it, but mastery of a subject is not limited to ineffectual head knowledge with G-d.
You know NOTHING about Genetics and you sound very foolish the more you post about it.

Last edited by june 7th; 03-29-2016 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: Insulting.

Old 03-27-2016, 05:28 PM

42 posts, read 15,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
So you are thankful god created the doctors to treat and cure you of the diseases and ailments it created?

Are you serious?
Absolutely. Science and religion are not mutually exclusive.

Old 03-27-2016, 05:35 PM

@ Matadora.....I had no idea it was a big deal on here to respond IN your post! Other forums don't seem to get bent out of shape over it, so I had no idea, newbie here, my apology.....

I'd just be repeating myself if you don't believe me on the healings I've received that did NOT come through man, so there's no point to any further conversation with you on this subject, but I have no hard feelings. I do understand, because I remember. Thirty one years ago, I would have agreed with you.

And I don't care one iota about looking foolish.... Peace

PS. Start with this article....http://www.icr.org/article/creationism-russia/

http://www.famousscientists.org/25-f...lieved-in-god/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...and_technology

http://idpluspeterswilliams.blogspot...tists-who.html

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-27-2016 at 05:53 PM..

Old 03-27-2016, 05:37 PM

10,007 posts, read 4,144,712 times
Quote:
I don't care one iota about looking foolish.... Peace
Apparently not. So go right ahead and keep knocking yourself out with those foolish posts.

Old 03-27-2016, 05:58 PM

598 posts, read 240,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I notice you totally ignored my response, Lively. I take it you have no interest at all in responding, positively or negatively.
I am sorry, please forgive me

I want to read it again and then i will reply....... with all that is going on I forgot about your post that you took a fair amount of time to talk with me........... and I really am sorry

Old 03-27-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Actually... I don't think you are the only one. You are assuming facts not in evidence. Sorry, not smart on your part.

But if you could tell me what "my circles" are..... that might be amusing.

Well, you DID say, why me, implying that....

And your circles being not kingdom circles or you wouldn't have had to ask me the question. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or