U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2016, 08:03 PM

17,846 posts, read 8,918,122 times

Advertisements

The Minds of Men on Steroids. LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 08:03 PM

598 posts, read 241,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I'm sorry to hear of your predicament. I wish you the best.

Changing your nutrition can only benefit you. Take this advice.
Thank you for the well wishes and the advice.

Up until about four months ago I used to eat very healthy and would take a lot of time in the kitchen preparing an organic pot of chicken and vegetable soup as well as eat a lot of salads with either fish or chicken

Unfortunately, all I have to do now is just look down for couple of seconds that allows nerves and bones start coming in to contact with each other and the pain is really excruciating

I received some pretty good advice from some paramedics tonight and I think I'm going to try to get into the VA Hospital in Gainesville to see if there's anything that can be done

Thanks again for your post

Old 03-27-2016, 08:05 PM

2,202 posts, read 1,325,209 times
Let us pray! As a Viet Nam vet I had great care at VA especially at BAy Pines in St. Pete's. I agree with
above posters that a second opinion be considered.,but you first must get by the primary to a Rheumatologist IF you haven't been referred. Also pain management . Reschedule MRI. To avoid drug dependency. Inquire about high frequency therapy.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:11 PM

5,523 posts, read 2,606,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Your opinion and a buck will still only get you a cup of coffee....maybe... .Peace
Rbbi1, Matadora's post is worth more than a buck, I can assure you.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:12 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,798,860 times
Quote:

Maybe other parts, but not when it comes to the things of G-d. Peace

Old 03-27-2016, 08:16 PM

10,085 posts, read 4,181,335 times
Quote:
He just does not get it and that's OK...ignorance is bliss for some.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
I have benefitted from your posts and appreciate what you have shared with me

A little while ago I call 911 to ask what hospital they would take me to if I requested an ambulance. I told them I was going to try to stick it out and I would call them back later if I got worse but they sent the ambulance to the house anyway.

I declined to go to the hospital but the one thing that interested me that came from them was they recommended I get away from the Daytona VA that they said has a notoriously bad reputation and contact Gainesville VA hospital whom they said has a very good reputation.

I believe I'm going to do that and I am going to pursue my doctor to be held accountable for her incompetent dealings with me and her spiteful lies about me being a junkie and willing to lie to get drugs
Thanks and that's great that they gave you this advice. I highly encourage you to call them back if needed and when you get to the Gainsville VA request an MRI. I am certain they will recommend it. An MRI is exactly what you and the doctors need at this point so they can help you!

The MRI will help them be better able to find a definitive diagnosis.

Deal with the other doctor after you get the MRI and are on proper treatment. You need to focus on getting well now and keep your focus held there. You can deal with the incompetent doctor later. For now keep focused on healing.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:25 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,798,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
He just does not get it and that's OK...ignorance is bliss for some.

I could not have said it better....

However, I am glad you are trying to help Livelystone....kudos to you for that.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I could not have said it better....
However, I am glad you are trying to help Livelystone....kudos to you for that.
Perhaps you should leave this post if all you want to do is try and insult me. Sure go ahead and think you have it all figured out...after all when you think you have it all figured out..that's where your learning stops. Like I said some think ignorance is bliss...that is certainly not me.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:29 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,404,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Thanks and that's great that they gave you this advice. I highly encourage you to call them back if needed and when you get to the Gainsville VA request an MRI. I am certain they will recommend it. An MRI is exactly what you and the doctors need at this point so they can help you!

The MRI will help them be better able to find a definitive diagnosis.

Deal with the other doctor after you get the MRI and are on proper treatment. You need to focus on getting well now and keep your focus held there. You can deal with the incompetent doctor later. For now keep focused on healing.
Excellent advice.

I wish you well, Livelystone. And an end to the run-around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or