Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 12:14 PM

9,588 posts, read 4,993,966 times

Advertisements

Just a comment from my experience......here's the thing. Righteousness is of His Spirit ONLY. That means, that if the Spirit for whatever reason, tells you to go the doctor route, that's displaying just as much righteousness by being agreement with His Spirit, as the non doctor route complete with miracle healings. Sometimes it's necessary for humbling, that we don't get the miracle healing. G-d is sovereign and to know that EXPERIENTIALLY, and to know that as a mental assent to a concept, are two different things.

When I learned this invaluable lesson was when I had terminal cancer. I went to Him on my face and told Him I knew HE COULD heal me, what I needed to know was if HE WOULD heal me. The scriptures tell us He's a healer, but that doesn't mean in our PERSONAL walk that we can expect that every time, to come the same way.

This is why you read in the news every so often about some well-meaning but ignorant of spiritual principles parents let their child die without meds and claim they were "standing on the Word". NO, the Word is SPIRIT; you were standing on scriptures that describe SOMEONE ELSE'S experience with the living Word.

This is why the scripture says that man cannot live by bread (letter) alone, but by every word (His breath, G-d is a spirit) that proceeds from the mouth of G-d. The letter told me He is a healer, but what I had to have was the PROCEEDING WORD, A SPIRIT BREATHED WORD, from the Father's mouth, to stand on.

Once I had that, I could then stand on the Word that is Spirit, in type standing with Him in the waters above the firmament (walking on water) ABOVE the waters below the firmament which include the LETTER. The Spirit comes to perform the Word (that is written), but how often do men seek the Word that is Spirit so HE CAN come and perform the Word that is written?

So back to the main point....when I accepted the possibility that it might be His will that I die from cancer at that moment in time, for whatever reason, accepting His will as just and His ways higher than my ways regardless of how I felt about it, my family's aftermath from it, ect., and humbled myself to accept His will, it was THEN that I KNEW experientially that He was/is sovereign.

It's no different than Adam knew his wife and they were one. To know is to become one with, to know anything of Him, we must EXPERIENCE it firsthand. It is by this that we are changed from glory terrestrial (carnal mind knowledge) to glory celestial (mind of Christ spiritual knowledge). Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 12:38 PM

598 posts, read 354,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Just a comment from my experience......here's the thing. Righteousness is of His Spirit ONLY. That means, that if the Spirit for whatever reason, tells you to go the doctor route, that's displaying just as much righteousness by being agreement with His Spirit, as the non doctor route complete with miracle healings. Sometimes it's necessary for humbling, that we don't get the miracle healing. G-d is sovereign and to know that EXPERIENTIALLY, and to know that as a mental assent to a concept, are two different things.
Your words are almost verbatim to what my friend Paul from Miami said to me today on the phone. pretty fast second witness............. I am impressed

Old 03-27-2016, 12:38 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,580,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuthorJeff View Post
Who do you think made those doctors?
LOL... I'm a pastor but i
m thankful for God's scientists and medical people.
So you are thankful god created the doctors to treat and cure you of the diseases and ailments it created?

Are you serious?

Old 03-27-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Your words are almost verbatim to what my friend Paul from Miami said to me today on the phone. pretty fast second witness............. I am impressed

Yes, well, I live to please Peace

Old 03-27-2016, 01:31 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,212,849 times
Quote:
You are clueless to the truth because both medical experts and their machines declared me dead
People who have been deemed "clinically dead" can be resuscitated.

Clinical Death

It's an big area of interest in investigating Near Death Experiences. A well known resuscitation physician (Sam Parnia) has been doing studies about NDE associated with Clinically Dead patients. He has also revived "clinically dead" patients. He is a pulmonary and resuscitation physician. His studies are either going to add more to the consciousness puzzle or it's going to change what constitutes "clinical death".

Study: Brains Function in Clinically Dead

Results of world's largest Near Death Experiences study published

Consciousness after clinical death. The biggest ever scientific study published

With that said I hope you have competent doctors and good Clinical Laboratory Scientists handling your situation.

No one is hand picked special by any god that has ever been created by humans and miraculously healed.

The mind body and spirit can indeed override illness in our bodies. It has nothing to do with being a special hand picked human.

I wish you the best in your healing process.

Old 03-27-2016, 01:42 PM

598 posts, read 354,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
People who have been deemed "clinically dead" can be resuscitated.

Clinical Death

It's an big area of interest in investigating Near Death Experiences. A well known resuscitation physician (Sam Parnia) has been doing studies about NDE associated with Clinically Dead patients. He has also revived "clinically dead" patients. He is a pulmonary and resuscitation physician. His studies are either going to add more to the consciousness puzzle or it's going to change what constitutes "clinical death".

Study: Brains Function in Clinically Dead

Results of world's largest Near Death Experiences study published

Consciousness after clinical death. The biggest ever scientific study published

With that said I hope you have competent doctors and good Clinical Laboratory Scientists handling your situation.

No one is hand picked special by any god that has ever been created by humans and miraculously healed.

The mind body and spirit can indeed override illness in our bodies. It has nothing to do with being a special hand picked human.

Consider this, while they were looking at my dead body and one man was anointing me with oil and praying over me I was in a completely different dimension where books were being opened that I knew to do with me being judged and the book of life. This scene that I saw is exactly as the apostle Paul recorded in the book of Revelation that is the resurrection of the dead where the obvious is you have to die before you can attend.

You can read of it in my blog

I appreciate your well wished for my recovery, but as far as me having good doctors I do not, However, I hope to get better ones as soon as I stop counting on the VA to take care of my medical needs

Old 03-27-2016, 02:10 PM

@ Matadora.....I've had several miracle healings.....and know others who have had, too. It's got not a thing to do with being "special hand-picked by G-d" and everything to do with His perfect will being done in an individual's life, as He is, sovereign. Peace

Old 03-27-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Consider this, while they were looking at my dead body and one man was anointing me with oil and praying over me I was in a completely different dimension where books were being opened that I knew to do with me being judged and the book of life. This scene that I saw is exactly as the apostle Paul recorded in the book of Revelation that is the resurrection of the dead where the obvious is you have to die before you can attend.
Please keep in mind there are tons of NDE's where people have some sort of blissful experience but only a few will associate that experience with whatever religion they follow.

However, it's worth noting that some religious NDErs move away from their religion after the experience, because it can lead them to develop spiritual beliefs that conflict with their credos.

There was a Christian minister from London named Ken Martin who had a near-death experience. “Upon his return from his experience, he discovered that everything he had previously known – his ministry, his calling, everything – was insignificant in comparison to his experience with the afterlife.”

There are many accounts of NDE's, it causes most to bypass their religious attachments and realize that there is something more and not anything remotely similar to their religious teachings in the NDE.

There are stories of Atheists who came back from a NDE and became spiritual...not religious but spiritual.

Quote:
I appreciate your well wished for my recovery, but as far as me having good doctors I do not, However, I hope to get better ones as soon as I stop counting on the VA to take care of my medical needs
Sorry to hear you have incompetent doctors. In this situation you have to take charge and become your own advocate. It's not easy for those who are not medical professionals but you can do google searches and learn how to help yourself. I am a medical professional and I have also encountered some very incompetent doctors, but being a medical professional easily helps me to be my own advocate. Good doctors will listen...bad ones won't. You can request a new attending physician team. They can't force you to keep the physicians that are assisting you.

Last edited by Matadora; 03-27-2016 at 02:24 PM..

Old 03-27-2016, 02:28 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
The mind (...snip) and spirit can indeed override illness in our bodies.
It has nothing to do with being a special hand picked human.

The mind can also convince a person that they are sick.

Old 03-27-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The mind can also convince a person that they are sick.
The mind can convince you of anything.

That's how powerful self-conditioning thoughts or beliefs can be...this is why it's very important to be aware of your own personal mind talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity