Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 02:44 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times

Advertisements

This is true. And I'll take it a step farther. The mind is WHY any of us are sick, because it made our covenant with death to begin with.

The reason healing occurs in the first place, is because heaven (mind of Christ) and earth (our body) have come into agreement, lined up.

The "trick" is pressing in so that the Spirit can show you what is holding you in bondage to prevent heaven and earth from lining up, and then empowering you to destroy that "kingdom".

I'll use my own healing from spinal injuries as an example. I had 4 vertebraes out of alignment from 3 ruptured discs, with excruciating pain and partial paralysis as a result. Yet one day He healed me completely, without anyone laying hands on me or even me asking for healing. I asked Him how that could be and this is what He gave me.

The Egyptians and the Chaldeans were off limits to the Hebrews because of their idols and practices such as necromancy and astrology. Yet when He begins the building of the temple, He tells them to bring them in because they had specialities that were needed in the construction of the temple. They were still considered unclean, but they had a purpose. No one told them to leave, when their work was done, they left the temple, the priests cleansed it and then the glory of the Lord came in.

Those unclean things that we have picked up along the way, in the Master's hand, can create a thing of beauty and a place for Him to dwell in, and when their work is finished, HE can and will tell them to leave.

Opposition is not a bad thing, we needed something to fight against, because and army that has never been tested in battle is weak and unsure, just like a muscle that never gets exercise.

The sad thing is, many don't realize that they were subjected to this vanity TO FIGHT and become strong against the enemies of their souls, not to find agreement in a false peace. He subjected the same in hope, Christ in you, the hope of glory. His peace, true peace, is when the flesh is no longer warring against the Spirit. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 02:47 PM

598 posts, read 357,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Please keep in mind there are tons of NDE's where people have some sort of blissful experience but only a few will associate that experience with whatever religion they follow.

However, it's worth noting that some religious NDErs move away from their religion after the experience, because it can lead them to develop spiritual beliefs that conflict with their credos.

There was a Christian minister from London named Ken Martin who had a near-death experience. “Upon his return from his experience, he discovered that everything he had previously known – his ministry, his calling, everything – was insignificant in comparison to his experience with the afterlife.”

There are many accounts of NDE's, it causes most to bypass their religious attachments and realize that there is something more and not anything remotely similar to their religious teachings in the NDE.

There are stories of Atheists who came back from a NDE and became spiritual...not religious but spiritual.

Sorry to hear you have incompetent doctors. In this situation you have to take charge and become your own advocate. It's not easy for those who are not medical professionals but you can do google searches and learn how to help yourself. I am a medical professional and I have also encountered some very incompetent doctors, but being a medical professional easily helps me to be my own advocate. Good doctors will listen...bad ones won't. You can request a new attending physician team. They can't force you to keep the physicians that are assisting you.
Problem with my doctor is made much worse because after I went to the ER with ultra high BP numbers (190/140 neighborhood)and they told me my/ problem was because she is keeping me under medicated because my pain was causIng my BP to skyrocket.When I told her she said I was lying and had gone to the ER looking for drugs ........... that was on 22 February but look what I said one week earlier when I did not even think opiates worked on nerve pain

Quote:
On the other hand opiates are woefully inadequate when it comes to offering relief from nerve pain

By the time you shut down nerve pain with an opiate, the patient is at best "knocked out" for all normal day time functions, and much closer to a dangerous overdose than any "real" doctor treating nerve pain will subject their patients to

Constant nerve pain is so many light years WORSE than all other pain, there is no realistic comparison that can be made age
Post #115 at this link
Narcotic pain relievers - too hard or too easy to get legally?

So now thanks to her I am listed as a junkie who tells lies

God is my witness the pills I got from the ER (all 12 of them 5/325 oxycodone) was the first time I have taken anything more powerful than TRAMADOL since 2009 when I was treated for a thiird degree burn

BTW, my accident when I had the NDE I was not practicing any religion and did not know what I experienced was written in the Bible until five years later and then it was another five years before I connected the dots with why the man was rubbing oil on me (at first I had thought it had something to do with the electrical panels they were using to try to jumpstart my heart)

Last edited by Livelystone; 03-27-2016 at 03:08 PM..

Old 03-27-2016, 02:53 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,253,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The mind is WHY any of us are sick
This is not accurate.

Try telling that to a child who was born with the Cystic Fibrosis gene or born with sickle cell disease...or anyone born with hereditary condition that will affect them their entire lives.

There are many reasons people become sick. However it's due to your genetics as well as stress levels, lifestyle, nutrition, etc., that all play a part in people getting sick.

You can't just make a blanket statement like that and apply it to everyone.

Old 03-27-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Problem with my doctor is made much worse because after I went to the ER with ultra high BP numbers (190/140 neighborhood)and they told me my/ problem was because she is keeping me undereducated because my pain was causIng my BP to skyrocket.When I told her she said I was lying and had gone to the ER looking for drugs ........... that was on 22 February but look what I said one week earlier when I did not even think opiates worked on nerve pain.
If you have no history of prescription abuse then I would turn her in to the State Medical Board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
BTW, my accident when I had the NDE I was not practicing any religion and did not know what I experienced was written in the Bible until five years later and then it was another five years before I connected the dots with why the man was rubbing oil on me (at first I had thought it had something to do with the electrical panels they were using to try to jumpstart my heart)
I was not there so I can't say what transpired...however I know that people see lots of things in a NDE. If your experience made you think that there is some very strict and narrow judgement process that occurs when we die then that's your prerogative.

I would change docs and write a letter to the Medical Boards about this doc accusing you of lying and looking for drugs. Also you would do yourself a great service in documenting every single thing they do. Ask for documents of all tests ordered and the test results, the physicians interpretations of the the results and what they did to help you as well as any meds prescribed. This is the best thing anyone with an incompetent doctor can do for themselves. You would be amazed at how quickly they change their care practices once they are aware that you are documenting their every move.

Old 03-27-2016, 03:04 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,557 times
Quote:
The mind can convince you of anything.

That's how powerful self-conditioning thoughts or beliefs can be...this is why it's very important to be aware of your own personal mind talk.
Would agree with you here, to a point, except the narratives available in the Spirit don't have that mankind, and the body, is the be all and end all - they have that position reserved for God, and Him alone. But generally Mat, I think you're in the wrong forum here with atheistic leanings, in regard to NDE's and healings / miracles. God is real, the spiritual realm is real. Both Livelystone and Rbbi1 have been to the other side and had miracle healings themselves and ministered them to others. I've personally seen a sign / wonder (light coming out of a man's hand) when I was beginning to think that he was a flake - God knew what I was thinking, and that I needed something to validate this person's authenticity. I know what I saw.

On the subject of using medical professionals - Jesus told people to go show themselves to the priest, which was the authoritative approach used to determine if someone had been cured in His day. It's a little different today, but amounts to the same thing.

Old 03-27-2016, 03:09 PM

You can try and pull "atheistic leanings" all you want out of what I have posted. I am not an atheist...I don't participate in that labeling game...it assumes that you think you already know my arguments before you have ever heard them. Also there are many versions of what people think an Atheist is...most are wrong about it. I simply refuse to play that game or allow others to pull me into that crowd.

I have given straight up fact based responses. No woo woo at all.

Old 03-27-2016, 03:10 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times
Quote:
This is not accurate.

Try telling that to a child who was born with the Cystic Fibrosis gene or born with sickle cell disease...or anyone born with hereditary condition that will affect them their entire lives.

There are many reasons people become sick. However it's due to your genetics as well as stress levels, lifestyle, nutrition, etc., that all play a part in people getting sick.

You can't just make a blanket statement like that and apply it to everyone.

Actually, yes I can. Genetics are the fruit, not the root. There is no death, no sickness in His Spirit. So therefore, where there is death and sickness, it means another spirit is present, that which is contrary to His Spirit. And, since a spirit is not bound by time, nor by walls of flesh, it has no problem whatsoever passing down through the generations.

Read Deut. 28 if you want the foundational principle for why this is true. G-d also mentions in Deut. 7 that if they will obey His commandments and statutes HE will put none of the curses of the Egyptians on them, which INCLUDES, the death of the firstborn. First born of the flesh, then born of the Spirit.

And in the NT, He tells us that EVERYTHING they went through was for OUR EXAMPLE. Peace

Old 03-27-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Actually, yes I can.
Sure you can do whatever you want, that does not make it right.
Quote:
Genetics are the fruit, not the root.
Sorry but to say something like this tells me you have no understanding at all with respect to understanding genetic inheritance means or how genetics works.
Quote:
Read Deut. 28 if you want the foundational principle for why this is true. G-d also mentions in Deut. 7 that if they will obey His commandments and statutes HE will put none of the curses of the Egyptians on them, which INCLUDES, the death of the firstborn. First born of the flesh, then born of the Spirit.
The bible is not a science book nor a medical book. No thanks there is nothing of value in reading it for those purposes.

Last edited by Matadora; 03-27-2016 at 03:24 PM..

Old 03-27-2016, 03:15 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,557 times
Quote:
You can try and pull "atheistic leanings" all you want out of what I have posted. I am not an atheist...I don't participate in that labeling game...it assumes that you think you already know my arguments before you have ever heard them. Also there are many versions of what people think an Atheist is...most are wrong about it. I simply refuse to play that game or allow others to pull me into that crowd.

I have given straight up fact based responses. No woo woo at all.
Ok then, humanistic leanings.

Old 03-27-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Ok then, humanistic leanings.
Nope wrong again. Just facts about NDE's and illness is all I presented.

Interesting how all these bible folks that are ultra conservative AND who have no scientific or medical background think their bible interpretations override realty.

You can try and put your religious spin on it all you want but leave me out of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity