U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-26-2016, 08:53 PM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 4 days ago)
 
Location: The Haunted Mansion
15,126 posts, read 8,222,812 times
Reputation: 1543

Advertisements

The greatest event in human history was the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, who saved us from our sins. He is risen! Happy Easter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-26-2016, 08:56 PM
 
20,291 posts, read 15,633,754 times
Reputation: 7403
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The greatest event in human history was the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, who saved us from our sins. He is risen! Happy Easter!
Happy Easter Jimmie. Or as I call it, 'resurrection day'. And yes, the resurrection of Jesus is the greatest event in human history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2016, 09:00 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
13,231 posts, read 4,228,306 times
Reputation: 1296
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The greatest event in human history was the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, who saved us from our sins. He is risen! Happy Easter!

No, It is the day of Jezreel.


Jesus was only an example of a human.


When all humans follow the example, that will be something.


What Jesus did on the cross is personal, and unless you die daily yourself, what good is his death?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2016, 09:22 PM
Status: "Amused by BF." (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,258 posts, read 12,050,400 times
Reputation: 10628
I disagree entirely with the premise of the thread but I'll defend to the death the right of people to over-eat turkey and ham and fixins and chocolate and think it's true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2016, 10:53 PM
 
37,472 posts, read 25,217,301 times
Reputation: 5851
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The greatest event in human history was the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, who saved us from our sins. He is risen! Happy Easter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Happy Easter Jimmie. Or as I call it, 'resurrection day'. And yes, the resurrection of Jesus is the greatest event in human history.
I am so pleased to agree with you both. Happy Easter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 05:23 AM
 
8,539 posts, read 11,869,117 times
Reputation: 3081
At least it's an imagined great event for those who like to conform (sheep) and whose minds are not rational enough to question what the rest of their culture accepts. And who don't seem to be at all bothered by the fact that some would question it, and who seem quite fine and even happy to regard these people as "evil" simply for having skeptical minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 06:04 AM
 
6,813 posts, read 3,129,492 times
Reputation: 2373
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I disagree entirely with the premise of the thread but I'll defend to the death the right of people to over-eat turkey and ham and fixins and chocolate and think it's true.
Not to the death, Trout. It ruins a good meal. Looks like a beautiful day in these parts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 07:12 AM
 
20,291 posts, read 15,633,754 times
Reputation: 7403
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
At least it's an imagined great event for those who like to conform (sheep) and whose minds are not rational enough to question what the rest of their culture accepts. And who don't seem to be at all bothered by the fact that some would question it, and who seem quite fine and even happy to regard these people as "evil" simply for having skeptical minds.
There is good solid historical evidence for the resurrection of Jesus. Resurrection studies have been conducted by scholars and historians for years. You have questions and are skeptical? Then examine the historical evidence presented in this video series and then come to a conclusion based on that evidence.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ErnJF_nwBk


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdIM8QoD8UE


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWbShiINl4s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 07:20 AM
 
Location: Dothan AL
1,450 posts, read 801,280 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Happy Easter Jimmie. Or as I call it, 'resurrection day'. And yes, the resurrection of Jesus is the greatest event in human history.
Not as great as when Santa Claus come to town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2016, 07:25 AM
 
Location: GOVERNMENT of TRAITORS & NAZIS
20,550 posts, read 22,709,293 times
Reputation: 7625
The world's greatest example of LOVE and HOPE


The Good News is that Easter’s conclusion is a reminder that it’s also the story of how far Love will go for the sake of divine justice.
In the end, while Easter is a story of confronting those who would use their power to oppress others and the real risks that go along with it.
Ultimately, though, Easter is the story of the resurrecting power of love and hope.


The Frightening Implications of Easter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top