U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 11:44 AM

5,414 posts, read 3,616,765 times

Advertisements

Inventions of the MoB

The VISA card VI = 6, S = 6, A = 6 (the latter a numerology assigning 6 for A,12 for B etc to try and identify the Antichrist, Kissinger makes it on this method)

The bar code

There are 3 parallel lines, one switches the scanner on, reads the code for product ID, the centre redirects it to read the price and the last switched the scanner off. The 3 lines happen to be the same as that of the number 6 in the code hence 666.

The RFID or chip, 6 digits for birthday, 6 digits for the geographic location (100sqm) and 6 digits just in case say twins stay in the same geographic location.

The latter is ludicrous as that infers no one ever moves location.

This is the info proffered up in 1991 and I guess not much has changed.

Since then cell phones exist world-wide and in most countries you can be triangulated to within 100 sqm. Most Christians I know have a cell phone.

The only way the mark can apply to the entire world is if it is not literal.

Blessings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 11:55 AM

3,086 posts, read 4,024,689 times
Personally, I think it's as simple as this:

We all are marked by sin.. the mark of Satan.

Those that are saved have the Father's name written in their foreheads, (grace) which covers the mark of the beast.

(altho this interpretation would do away with alot of book sales!)

Old 02-13-2008, 12:08 PM

5,414 posts, read 3,616,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Personally, I think it's as simple as this:

We all are marked by sin.. the mark of Satan.

Those that are saved have the Father's name written in their foreheads, (grace) which covers the mark of the beast.

(altho this interpretation would do away with alot of book sales!)
I always look at Matthew Henry as in the time he lived, there was no technology as it is today. Sadly his interpretation is highly focused at the RCC.

You can read it on the blue letter bible

Blessings

Old 02-13-2008, 12:19 PM

3,086 posts, read 4,024,689 times
When I see how much of Christendom looks at Revelations & mark of the beast etc, this verse sometimes comes to mind:
Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
I know this was referring to the ceremonial law (circumcision etc) passing away or rather being fulfilled, but there is alot of mis-focus today as well, IMO. "Watch Israel".. "Who is the anti-christ?" ... "When is the war going to start"... "Hmmm... I heard of plans to rebuild the temple".. and this topic, literal things being the mark of the beast.

Where did Jesus say that literal things would cost us our salvation? Where in the NT does it say that Israel is still "God's Chosen?" This all still has flavor of the "old law"... and it can cause us to lose our focus and become bound.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:27 PM

224 posts, read 267,252 times
You have to remember who he was talking to. Jews. And he plainly states that the number is the name of a man. Hebrews KNEW exactly what he was talking about when he said to number his name. As far as i know we dont number names anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity