U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-28-2016, 12:21 PM
Status: "Amused by BF/V." (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,350 posts, read 12,079,766 times
Reputation: 10651

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Let me explain. The supposed Prince...or as some call the devil is not an issue...God created positive and negative forces...he generated everything...good AND evil. The way mankind behaves today has fallen even lower than the devil himself. Satan is probably totally embarrassed and wants nothing to do with this new evil generated by man. In other words the devil wants nothing to do with the crap going on...He actually plays by the rules...GOD's rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-28-2016, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
26,228 posts, read 14,109,783 times
Reputation: 10096
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
That was an awesome trace of my posts. I stand corrected.

What he did in the Temple was not humble. Riding into town on two donkeys when one would do was hubris. He recognized too late. His fate was sealed after that. He got caught up in his own press. He should have waited. His traveling companions were fraying at the edges ,and seeking their own power.

Challenging his mother was not humble. He was not humble. Not being humble is not a crime.

He was Hebrew, not Christian. He challenged the Temple hierarchy. He rubbed Rome the wrong way with the whole donkey thing. There were lots of Messiahs at the time. Rome began to see them as a challenge to Roman rule. If the Temple could not control the populace, Rome would. Nothing humble about the man.

Your whole fairy dusted down from heaven, mistreated, and died for you is silly. I prefer my Jesus.
"my Jesus"... Obviously you do not believe the descriptions ascribed to Jesus in the Bible.

Who or what defines who Jesus is? Do you make the terms?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2016, 01:02 PM
 
6,818 posts, read 3,136,050 times
Reputation: 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
"my Jesus"... Obviously you do not believe the descriptions ascribed to Jesus in the Bible.

Who or what defines who Jesus is? Do you make the terms?
I will not allow you to interpret the bible for me. I will never place your opinions over my own good judgement.

The very thought is as silly as your Fairy Dust Jesus. I will admit amusement with your interpretation.

I know who Jesus was. I would love to sit, and have a Cosmo with that Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2016, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
26,228 posts, read 14,109,783 times
Reputation: 10096
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I will not allow you to interpret the bible for me. I will never place your opinions over my own good judgement.

The very thought is as silly as your Fairy Dust Jesus. I will admit amusement with your interpretation.

I know who Jesus was. I would love to sit, and have a Cosmo with that Jesus.
The reason I said what I said, is that obviously He was persecuted, but you said He wasn't. You said He was tortured, but not persecuted.

You say He was not obedient. Are you saying He sinned?

I am not trying to interpret the Bible for you. But there are some things in the Bible that are non-negotiable. His complete obedient to the Father is non-negotiable.

The fact that He came and died for you and me is non-negotiable. It is in the Bible. For you to imply that His death for you is fairy dust - is simply unbiblical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2016, 01:31 PM
Status: "Amused by BF/V." (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,350 posts, read 12,079,766 times
Reputation: 10651
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
...snip...

The fact that He came and died for you and me is non-negotiable. It is in the Bible. For you to imply that His death for you is fairy dust - is simply unbiblical.
"Unbiblical" can often be synonymous with "true."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2016, 01:42 PM
 
10,506 posts, read 4,144,439 times
Reputation: 1193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The reason I said what I said, is that obviously He was persecuted, but you said He wasn't. You said He was tortured, but not persecuted.

You say He was not obedient. Are you saying He sinned?

I am not trying to interpret the Bible for you. But there are some things in the Bible that are non-negotiable. His complete obedient to the Father is non-negotiable.

The fact that He came and died for you and me is non-negotiable. It is in the Bible. For you to imply that His death for you is fairy dust - is simply unbiblical.
I am forced to use reason and logic and side with trout. If there is a "sin" its ignorance. Jesus was a teacher, a good one too, so he was put here to teach. Children make a teacher out to be more than they are. Most good teachers don't claim anything other.

But back then they told story in a "my guy is better than your guy" manor. In the exact same manor I thought my dad and the 82nd won ww2 all by themselves until I learned more. I understand he didn't tell story to deceive me or with malice in his heart. I feel the same about Jesus and his boiz.

The bible is not the end all of this universe. Teaching the bible as the final say is exactly the same as offering the apple to the innocent. It's wrong, and is what Jesus was put here to stop in his time. I would fight along side him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2016, 01:44 PM
 
20,301 posts, read 15,654,940 times
Reputation: 7415
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
That was an awesome trace of my posts. I stand corrected.

What he did in the Temple was not humble. Riding into town on two donkeys when one would do was hubris. He recognized too late. His fate was sealed after that. He got caught up in his own press. He should have waited. His traveling companions were fraying at the edges ,and seeking their own power.

Challenging his mother was not humble. He was not humble. Not being humble is not a crime.

He was Hebrew, not Christian. He challenged the Temple hierarchy. He rubbed Rome the wrong way with the whole donkey thing. There were lots of Messiahs at the time. Rome began to see them as a challenge to Roman rule. If the Temple could not control the populace, Rome would. Nothing humble about the man.

Your whole fairy dusted down from heaven, mistreated, and died for you is silly. I prefer my Jesus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I will not allow you to interpret the bible for me. I will never place your opinions over my own good judgement.

The very thought is as silly as your Fairy Dust Jesus. I will admit amusement with your interpretation.

I know who Jesus was. I would love to sit, and have a Cosmo with that Jesus.
It's obvious that you do not know who Jesus was. . . and is. Nor do you have good judgment in the matter. If you have never believed that Jesus died for your sins, and that He rose again as is so plainly stated in the Bible, with the result that you have placed your faith in Him alone for eternal life, then you have not been saved. You remain under condemnation and eternal separation from God is in your future.

And if you won't listen to the gospel message of your salvation, then you will stubbornly go to your grave, and to the fate that awaits you afterwards. And you won't be amused anymore.
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
You might want to give it some serious thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2016, 01:48 PM
 
6,818 posts, read 3,136,050 times
Reputation: 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The reason I said what I said, is that obviously He was persecuted, but you said He wasn't. You said He was tortured, but not persecuted.

You say He was not obedient. Are you saying He sinned?

I am not trying to interpret the Bible for you. But there are some things in the Bible that are non-negotiable. His complete obedient to the Father is non-negotiable.

The fact that He came and died for you and me is non-negotiable. It is in the Bible. For you to imply that His death for you is fairy dust - is simply unbiblical.
He was not being chased from town to town during his ministry. Persecuted? By whom? Anything from his arrest forward was only torture and death. He was not left to hang out in jail for years. Once the word got out, it may have caused increasing unrest.

Jesus was given swift justice by the ruling powers including the Temple. The small towns did not have Temple priest. Jesus shared his journey in a meandering three years. He gained a following, and became a bit of a celebrity. There were plenty of other men claiming to be the messiah, too. All killed by Rome.

Your interpretation of your bible is non-negotiable for you. Including me in your non-negotiable, is your attempt to interpret the bible for me.

I do not need the bible to form my relationship with God. I will never substitute your interpretation of the bible for my own either.

I said he was not humble. I am unconcerned whether you believe something is not biblical. It demonstrates you are still trying to interpret, and mansplain things. I am amused. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2016, 01:52 PM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 9 days ago)
 
Location: The Haunted Mansion
15,167 posts, read 8,237,578 times
Reputation: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I am forced to use reason and logic and side with trout. If there is a "sin" its ignorance. Jesus was a teacher, a good one too, so he was put here to teach. Children make a teacher out to be more than they are. Most good teachers don't claim anything other.

But back then they told story in a "my guy is better than your guy" manor. In the exact same manor I thought my dad and the 82nd won ww2 all by themselves until I learned more. I understand he didn't tell story to deceive me or with malice in his heart. I feel the same about Jesus and his boiz.

The bible is not the end all of this universe. Teaching the bible as the final say is exactly the same as offering the apple to the innocent. It's wrong, and is what Jesus was put here to stop in his time. I would fight along side him.
The Scriptures were good enough for Jesus.

Luke 24

25 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2016, 02:12 PM
 
6,818 posts, read 3,136,050 times
Reputation: 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It's obvious that you do not know who Jesus was. . . and is. Nor do you have good judgment in the matter. If you have never believed that Jesus died for your sins, and that He rose again as is so plainly stated in the Bible, with the result that you have placed your faith in Him alone for eternal life, then you have not been saved. You remain under condemnation and eternal separation from God is in your future.

And if you won't listen to the gospel message of your salvation, then you will stubbornly go to your grave, and to the fate that awaits you afterwards. And you won't be amused anymore.
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
You might want to give it some serious thought.
I know you really really want to believe that you know best, and your interpretation of events are the correct. You really, really think you have better judgement than my own. I am tickled. Pink even.

However, substituting your judgement for my own does not work for me.

I will remind you your bible did not exist in ancient Israel. Jesus would have made a small mention of this non existent book of the future.

Jesus was not Christian, and you really, really want him to be Christian.

I will place my trust in the God I know than trust man's interpretation of the bible. I know the bible is written by men. They are not role models. They are hardly inspired. I take the writers for what they are which is men with an agenda. Early men had to have rules, and lots of them to make it through to the next day.

However, once in a while the bible reveals something extraordinary, and wonderful about the world, and the people in it.

I never give a thought to salvation. Ever. You do not give my salvation any energy either except for bluster and

Your threats of... you won't be amused anymore is amusing. I have a comfortable relationship with God. I have no fear of my fate beyond the grave. (cue the lightening bolt)

How often do you think about your fate when you die?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top