Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 02:15 PM

689 posts, read 549,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post

I will place my trust in the God I know than trust man's interpretation of the bible.
Base on what, your own imagination?

The OT Bible long existed before Jesus for the Jews to get to know who God is. The NT Bible was written as a witnessing of Jesus for today's humans to be saved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 02:36 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Jesus was not Christian, and you really, really want him to be Christian.

If Jesus was not a Christian, what does that make you?

Old 03-28-2016, 02:38 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
Base on what, your own imagination?

The OT Bible long existed before Jesus for the Jews to get to know who God is. The NT Bible was written as a witnessing of Jesus for today's humans to be saved.
So say men, who believe in their arrogance, they are the only ones who can interpret the things written by other men.
It is a convenient racket.

Thanks for the mansplaining. However the OT of the bible did not exist in ancient Israel. Jews had Tanakh or Torah. Tanakh and Torah is not the OT.

The OT is a Christian only book. Go over and Ask a Jew. They will be glad to 'splain it to you. Really.
Go.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If Jesus was not a Christian, what does that make you?
Jesus was not Christian no matter how much you really really want him to be. He was Hebrew. Went to Temple on Holy Days, and never renounced his faith.

I have never renounced my faith either. I will say that makes me happy to have that in common with Jesus. I never though of it that way. Thanks

Old 03-28-2016, 02:52 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
I know you really really want to believe that you know best, and your interpretation of events are the correct. You really, really think you have better judgement than my own. I am tickled. Pink even.

However, substituting your judgement for my own does not work for me.

I will remind you your bible did not exist in ancient Israel. Jesus would have made a small mention of this non existent book of the future.
Actually, the Bible did exist with regard to the Old Testament Scriptures. It is only the New Testament Scriptures that had not as yet been written.

The New Testament Scriptures are the result of Jesus' promise to His disciples that while He had much more to say to them, they could not bear it at that time, but that when the Holy Spirit came, He would guide them into all the truth (John 16:12-15).

However, Isaiah 53 which prophecies the servant of God rendering Himself as a guilt offering, being crushed for our iniquities, being poured out to death, and bearing the sin of many, refers to Jesus as Jesus Himself stated when He applied Isaiah 53:12 to Himself saying that in Him it had its fulfillment, as recorded in Luke 22:37.

The apostle Philip also taught that Isaiah 53 referred to Jesus when he preached Jesus from Isaiah 53 to the Ethiopian Eunuch (Acts 8:26:35).

Quote:
Jesus was not Christian, and you really, really want him to be Christian.
No, Jesus was not a Christian. He was, and is the unique Son of God, and God Himself (the Second Person of the Trinity). And He came into the world to die for the sins of the world. That includes your sins. By His own words He came to lay down His life for the sheep, and that He would take it up again (John 10:15-18; Mark 10:45).

Quote:
I will place my trust in the God I know than trust man's interpretation of the bible. I know the bible is written by men. They are not role models. They are hardly inspired. I take the writers for what they are which is men with an agenda. Early men had to have rules, and lots of them to make it through to the next day.

However, once in a while the bible reveals something extraordinary, and wonderful about the world, and the people in it.

I never give a thought to salvation. Ever. You do not give my salvation any energy either except for bluster and

Your threats of... you won't be amused anymore is amusing. I have a comfortable relationship with God. I have no fear of my fate beyond the grave. (cue the lightening bolt)

How often do you think about your fate when you die?
The men who wrote the Bible did so under the inspiration of God the Holy Spirit therefore setting down in writing the word of God.

If what happens to you after you depart from this life is of so little importance to you, that is your choice. It is a choice you will regret no matter how much you claim to be 'amused' when people give you the gospel message of salvation.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:55 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Ronkon, you're being uppity and upsetting the men.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Actually, the Bible did exist with regard to the Old Testament Scriptures. It is only the New Testament Scriptures that had not as yet been written.

The New Testament Scriptures are the result of Jesus' promise to His disciples that while He had much more to say to them, they could not bear it at that time, but that when the Holy Spirit came, He would guide them into all the truth (John 16:12-15).

However, Isaiah 53 which prophecies the servant of God rendering Himself as a guilt offering, being crushed for our iniquities, being poured out to death, and bearing the sin of many, refers to Jesus as Jesus Himself stated when He applied Isaiah 53:12 to Himself saying that in Him it had its fulfillment, as recorded in Luke 22:37.

The apostle Philip also taught that Isaiah 53 referred to Jesus when he preached Jesus from Isaiah 53 to the Ethiopian Eunuch (Acts 8:26:35).

No, Jesus was not a Christian. He was, and is the unique Son of God, and God Himself (the Second Person of the Trinity). And He came into the world to die for the sins of the world. That includes your sins. By His own words He came to lay down His life for the sheep, and that He would take it up again (John 10:15-18; Mark 10:45).

The men who wrote the Bible did so under the inspiration of God the Holy Spirit therefore setting down in writing the word of God.

If what happens to you after you depart from this life is of so little importance to you, that is your choice. It is a choice you will regret no matter how much you claim to be 'amused' when people give you the gospel message of salvation.

The OT is not the Torah, or Tanakh. Tell Dro.. the thing about Jesus not being Christian. I have always know it.

You are delivering your message of my salvation with out a hint of sincerity. It shows. I am amused.

Again you think it is your role to interpret the bible written by other men for me. You have convinced yourself they were inspired.

I have never felt the need for such blind adoration. Some of those very writers come across about as sincere as you do. hahahaha I see the connection.

I do not substitute the judgement of men over my own, when it comes to God. You have no standing in that relationship, so your interpretations and opinions about the bible do not concern me. Your interpretations apply only to you.

Perhaps that is why I have no stress about "salvation." God has no problem with my choices either.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 03-28-2016 at 03:35 PM..

Old 03-28-2016, 03:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Ronkon, you're being uppity and upsetting the men.

Indeed she is. Isn't she fabulous?

Watching a Ronkon Retort (TM) is like eating popcorn with extra butter.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:28 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The Scriptures were good enough for Jesus.

Luke 24

25 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.
He meant you, not me son.

they most certainly were not "good enough" for him. He used the old to teach the new. That's a standard teaching method. Use what they understand to help them learn more. Use a textbook to help you teach the person. The textbook is not the end all for good teachers, it's a starting point and reference. He also clearly showed us to change where the observations say to do so. I mean even martin Luther taught that.

Anything more is wrong and what Jesus stood against. Jesus stood against apples as the only thing we should eat. he taught us that apples are great after a meal, they clean our teeth and such. The bible is fine when used properly.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:29 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

Possible they were under something. But what about the other 300 BOOKS that the pope excluded from the bible? Or was the Pope also inspired by god? Which opens a whole new can of worms for evangelicals, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity