Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 03:30 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If Jesus was not a Christian, what does that make you?
anything but a christian I suppose? Maybe I am just "forgiven?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 03:33 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You mean teachings like ""Do not judge, or you too will be judged"?
I think he was referring to LOVE your neighbor, providing food, clothing, shelter and visiting those in prison aka--doing for the lest of us.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:33 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Ronkon, you're being uppity and upsetting the men.

hahahahaha The good thing is I will not regret it until some sort of reckoning after I die. .

Old 03-28-2016, 03:36 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Jesus was not Christian no matter how much you really really want him to be. He was Hebrew. Went to Temple on Holy Days, and never renounced his faith.
There are many Christians Jews. It is not an either/or choice. Jesus was a Jew and the messiah, and the Jews who believe in Him are called messianic Jews.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:40 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Jesus was not Christian no matter how much you really really want him to be. He was Hebrew. Went to Temple on Holy Days, and never renounced his faith.

I have never renounced my faith either. I will say that makes me happy to have that in common with Jesus. I never though of it that way. Thanks
yup, took me a little to realize I have a lot in common with Jesus also. Well, I don't have it I guess, but I am trying. Nothing wrong with it either, no matter who you are.

Jesus taught truth and justice above all else. Above personal needs and agenda's. He had to have some of those, to be sure, there is no other way. He was outlaw and lawman.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:46 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
He meant you, not me son.

they most certainly were not "good enough" for him. He used the old to teach the new. That's a standard teaching method. Use what they understand to help them learn more. Use a textbook to help you teach the person. The textbook is not the end all for good teachers, it's a starting point and reference. He also clearly showed us to change where the observations say to do so. I mean even martin Luther taught that.

Anything more is wrong and what Jesus stood against. Jesus stood against apples as the only thing we should eat. he taught us that apples are great after a meal, they clean our teeth and such. The bible is fine when used properly.
What part is fine?

Old 03-28-2016, 03:48 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I think he was referring to LOVE your neighbor, providing food, clothing, shelter and visiting those in prison aka--doing for the lest of us.
He said conservatives hate teachings of Christ, and he added that a conservative cannot be a Christian, so I asked him to explain. Conservatives are all for love and charity, and many Christian conservatives are very dedicated in helping others. It's a lie to say "conservatives cannot be Christians". Not surprisingly you are here to defend that view anyway.

Old 03-28-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
There are many Christians Jews. It is not an either/or choice. Jesus was a Jew and the messiah, and the Jews who believe in Him are called messianic Jews.

Jesus did not call himself a messianic Jew. He was Hebrew. He went to Temple. He wanted to make changes. He saw what they did not see. He saw it at a young age.

He spent three years on a journey. He never renounced his faith. All bets were off when the Jews were thrown into a diaspora. There was no Temple, there was no Jerusalem, there was no Israel. The people who knew Jesus were gone.

Rome began to adopt the new one God religion that emerged. What else is a superpower to do? They were no longer dealing with the resistance of the Jews, because they were scattered.

They were able to slowly co-opt Jesus, and make him more European. An amazing transformation was taking place.

Old 03-28-2016, 04:18 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Jesus did not call himself a messianic Jew. He was Hebrew. He went to Temple. He wanted to make changes. He saw what they did not see. He saw it at a young age.

He spent three years on a journey. He never renounced his faith. All bets were off when the Jews were thrown into a diaspora. There was no Temple, there was no Jerusalem, there was no Israel. The people who knew Jesus were gone.

Rome began to adopt the new one God religion that emerged. What else is a superpower to do? They were no longer dealing with the resistance of the Jews, because they were scattered.

They were able to slowly co-opt Jesus, and make him more European. An amazing transformation was taking place.
Am I correct to say you view Jesus as just a man and not also God in flesh?

Old 03-28-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Christian Jew? It has a nice ring. Are you a Christian Jew? If so, I have some questions and would greatly appreciate being able to ask.

Being a Jew is something passed down through the mother. Would it be the same for Christian Jews?

I will ask on Ask a Jew if Jews know about being Christian Jew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity