U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-29-2016, 12:31 PM
 
9,985 posts, read 6,416,003 times
Reputation: 5594

Advertisements

you don't know, capitalhockey.
maybe what she's doing will actually help you
in some way that you cannot see yet.

if you're afraid that her underhanded efforts will be
rewarded to your detriment, do you really want to work
for a company that pits workers against each other ?

something to chew on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-29-2016, 01:12 PM
 
Location: GOVERNMENT of TRAITORS & NAZIS
20,637 posts, read 22,819,705 times
Reputation: 7638
Here is MY PERSONAL UNDERSTANDING of turning the other cheek--

If some idiot is challenging another individual based on their FAITH, actions or other trait, one should let the antagonizer go with what ever they ask of you.

Now if some idiot is challenging another and this includes people in close proximity -- who are now at risk -- then the cheek doesn't get turned and the antagonizer gets a lesson in reality.

The moral for me is TAKE ME ON, I will deal with the idiots' crap..

Take on a group or family, and the idiots' will take more than just crap...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2016, 05:32 PM
 
4,105 posts, read 1,470,522 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalhockey View Post
I have been really struggling with this at work. There is a gal in the office who is being nasty and underhanded to others while trying to gain a promotion. I have been one of her victims as she put other people down to look good for big boss. There is a lot of hatred towards her inside of me now....I go home upset every night. What she is doing is not right. I wish God can come down now and set her straight this very moment. But the bible tells me to turn the other cheek and I pray on that at night before I head to bed. I know it's what I have to do but I feel like there are people out there who abuse the system and get away with it.


I feel like I am being getting walked on but God tells me to suffer for him and let it slide. I struggle with this every day. I am trying to find another job but that will take a while.


Any advice?




Love conquers all. Jesus taught to return LOVE to your enemy. Its not easy being a true follower--Jesus set the example for us-- they beat him, humiliated him, spit on him, put a crown of thorns on his head, whipped him, drove spikes through his flesh--he returned--Forgive them Father, they know not what they do---- My king.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2016, 06:59 PM
 
6,235 posts, read 9,543,928 times
Reputation: 7533
I don't think God called any of us to be a mouse. You can speak up and defend yourself without getting nasty. Also, you need to let go and realize that God will take care of anyone that is abusing you. There are times I definitely wanted to go toe-to-toe with my enemies and put them in their place. But that's not the way I like to handle things and also, I simply let go and reminded myself of the verse that you do not touch God's anointed.

People that were abusing me on the job were fired abruptly after the fact. Managers of gas stations that disrespected me closed up shop months later. I had to pray for these people to get their livelihoods back. Even here on this forum there are people who trashed me for a long time that I haven't seen in years. That's how swift, scary, and powerful he is. Pray over it, take faith he loves you and knows all and sees all and will eliminate enemies from your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2016, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
13,414 posts, read 4,297,507 times
Reputation: 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Love conquers all. Jesus taught to return LOVE to your enemy. Its not easy being a true follower--Jesus set the example for us-- they beat him, humiliated him, spit on him, put a crown of thorns on his head, whipped him, drove spikes through his flesh--he returned--Forgive them Father, they know not what they do---- My king.


Amen.


We on the other hand, we sit here and act as if we are being persecuted because we believe different, and where is that,'' Being everything to every man,'' nowadays?


We can't even suffer being called a name without asking God to curse them, lol.


Somebody spits on you and hates you, go and buy them a gift card because they are trying to leave treasures in your lap if you act accordingly.


It's funny how I will say,'' Lord, Let me die for you,'' and then I wont even do something so simple as to love a person who hates me.


Not even gonna kill me, and I still fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2016, 02:56 PM
 
4,105 posts, read 1,470,522 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Amen.


We on the other hand, we sit here and act as if we are being persecuted because we believe different, and where is that,'' Being everything to every man,'' nowadays?


We can't even suffer being called a name without asking God to curse them, lol.


Somebody spits on you and hates you, go and buy them a gift card because they are trying to leave treasures in your lap if you act accordingly.


It's funny how I will say,'' Lord, Let me die for you,'' and then I wont even do something so simple as to love a person who hates me.


Not even gonna kill me, and I still fail.



It makes it very difficult to live in this satan ruled world( 2Timothy 3) and follow Jesus. But it can be done--like this-Matt 16:24.
Everyone has a hard time returning love to ones enemy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2016, 03:29 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
13,414 posts, read 4,297,507 times
Reputation: 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
It makes it very difficult to live in this satan ruled world( 2Timothy 3) and follow Jesus. But it can be done--like this-Matt 16:24.
Everyone has a hard time returning love to ones enemy.
My enemies in life become my best friends. I had one neighbor who went to the home owners association meeting and he told despicable lies about me that are too bad to even put here. The whole neighborhood was talking about it. I wanted to kill him and he was my next door neighbor.


I cut his grass and weeded his entire property for months. One day he came home early from work and caught me doing it and he was shocked. He never knew all those months who was doing his lawn and he had two acres.


It really changed his life when he asked me why I had been cutting his lawn for months, he cried and begged me to forgive him.


I could have went the other way.


But we all know what that would have got me.


It's become very easy for me to love those who harm me, more than that, it is very exciting to have such a chance.


But it wasn't always easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2016, 04:35 PM
 
4,105 posts, read 1,470,522 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
My enemies in life become my best friends. I had one neighbor who went to the home owners association meeting and he told despicable lies about me that are too bad to even put here. The whole neighborhood was talking about it. I wanted to kill him and he was my next door neighbor.


I cut his grass and weeded his entire property for months. One day he came home early from work and caught me doing it and he was shocked. He never knew all those months who was doing his lawn and he had two acres.


It really changed his life when he asked me why I had been cutting his lawn for months, he cried and begged me to forgive him.


I could have went the other way.


But we all know what that would have got me.


It's become very easy for me to love those who harm me, more than that, it is very exciting to have such a chance.


But it wasn't always easy.



Nice to see a post like this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2016, 05:04 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
13,414 posts, read 4,297,507 times
Reputation: 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Nice to see a post like this


Well thanks Kjw, I have a lot of stories like that, my mom is a minister and she is always getting angry at me because of what I do for people who treat me or my family bad, but she always realizes in the end that I was right. I think we forget and need to be reminded, but the best example was a woman who owed my father 20,000 dollars and tried to sleep with him, and she was always attacking my mother and they had this hate between them for decades. Hate for decades but then the woman's son was dying, he was a heroin user and I talked my mom into staying in the hospital with him while he was dying, and so she went. The woman thought my mom had come to gloat or something but my mom had just lost a daughter and through that, she felt for the woman and went to her, spending days at the hospital and consoling her, and that was really something to see. So many years wasted in hate, and all it does is eat on you and people don't even realize how bad it is until it goes away and feels like a mountain has been cast into the sea. Un-forgiveness is the most damaging harmful evil in the whole universe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2016, 03:53 PM
 
4,105 posts, read 1,470,522 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Well thanks Kjw, I have a lot of stories like that, my mom is a minister and she is always getting angry at me because of what I do for people who treat me or my family bad, but she always realizes in the end that I was right. I think we forget and need to be reminded, but the best example was a woman who owed my father 20,000 dollars and tried to sleep with him, and she was always attacking my mother and they had this hate between them for decades. Hate for decades but then the woman's son was dying, he was a heroin user and I talked my mom into staying in the hospital with him while he was dying, and so she went. The woman thought my mom had come to gloat or something but my mom had just lost a daughter and through that, she felt for the woman and went to her, spending days at the hospital and consoling her, and that was really something to see. So many years wasted in hate, and all it does is eat on you and people don't even realize how bad it is until it goes away and feels like a mountain has been cast into the sea. Un-forgiveness is the most damaging harmful evil in the whole universe.





As is always the case--God is always correct--Love conquers all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top